Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 696 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 454Likes
post #20851 of 20856 Old Today, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question. I'm going to be picking up a Bose Solo 15 to sit my Kuro monitor on top of (which has no speakers). I intend to run an optical cable directly into the Oppo from the Bose and noticed that I have four different options under audio settings for the Optical Input.

Bitstream - This is what I used with my previous Sony CT660 soundbar, which had decoding capabilities. But I'm pretty sure the Bose doesn't have any, so that leaves me with the three LPCM options (48k, 92k, 192k). Any idea which one I'm supposed to use or will it even matter?

Last edited by alettiere; Today at 09:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20852 of 20856 Old Today, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllogistic View Post
Do you all get 24p output from the Netflix app on the BDP-103? I am using the Netflix app in Australia (Netflix has just launched here) and I seem to be stuck at 50Hz according to my TV, even if I change the BDP-103 settings to force 1080/24p. Any suggestions? My TV is a Samsung F8500 plasma if it matters.
Posted this earlier: You should set the OPPO to output NTSC. Blu-ray is not impacted, Netflix will be smooth, and your Samsung will recognize 60P. I got this response from OPPO, and it worked for me and others.
post #20853 of 20856 Old Today, 11:09 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked: 1102
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
Question. I'm going to be picking up a Bose Solo 15 to sit my Kuro monitor on top of (which has no speakers). I intend to run an optical cable directly into the Oppo from the Bose and noticed that I have four different options under audio settings for the Optical Input.

Bitstream - This is what I used with my previous Sony CT660 soundbar, which had decoding capabilities. But I'm pretty sure the Bose doesn't have any, so that leaves me with the three LPCM options (48k, 92k, 192k). Any idea which one I'm supposed to use or will it even matter?
Is this the only speaker you intend to use? If you are trying to use it as a Center speaker -- i.e., part of a multi-speaker setup -- you are going to have problems. For one thing the volume setting on the Bose is independent of however you are controlling volume for the other speakers. In addition, the Optical output of the OPPO will include audio for all the speakers when you play multi-channel content, which means the audio for, say, the Surround speakers will ALSO come out of the Bose -- not what you want.

If you are intending to use it as your only speaker, I suggest you try the Bitstream setting first. The Bose literature is suspiciously silent about what digital audio formats this box will accept on its Optical input, but odds are it will accept Dolby Digital 5.1 48KHz Bitstreams as many TVs will output that on their "external sound system" Optical output jack. Check with low volume to start. If you get no sound or garbage sound change the OPPO to LPCM. The LPCM choices let you limit the output to what the receiving device can accept. If you set 192KHz there is no limit, but lower rate content (e.g, CDs at 44.1KHz or movies at 48KHz) will still be sent out at their native rate -- not raised to 192KHz. Since Bose doesn't say what their box will accept, it would probably be best to set 48KHz when using LPCM. Choosing LPCM means the OPPO will send a Stereo down-mix to the box if your play multi-channel content.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #20854 of 20856 Old Today, 11:12 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPOrtunist View Post
The other day when viewing with Simulated 3D engaged, I tried to use the zoom function but it did not work. Any ideas why not? Thanks.
Simplifying here, but 3D output acts rather like Source Direct.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #20855 of 20856 Unread Today, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Is this the only speaker you intend to use? If you are trying to use it as a Center speaker -- i.e., part of a multi-speaker setup -- you are going to have problems. For one thing the volume setting on the Bose is independent of however you are controlling volume for the other speakers. In addition, the Optical output of the OPPO will include audio for all the speakers when you play multi-channel content, which means the audio for, say, the Surround speakers will ALSO come out of the Bose -- not what you want.

If you are intending to use it as your only speaker, I suggest you try the Bitstream setting first. The Bose literature is suspiciously silent about what digital audio formats this box will accept on its Optical input, but odds are it will accept Dolby Digital 5.1 48KHz Bitstreams as many TVs will output that on their "external sound system" Optical output jack. Check with low volume to start. If you get no sound or garbage sound change the OPPO to LPCM. The LPCM choices let you limit the output to what the receiving device can accept. If you set 192KHz there is no limit, but lower rate content (e.g, CDs at 44.1KHz or movies at 48KHz) will still be sent out at their native rate -- not raised to 192KHz. Since Bose doesn't say what their box will accept, it would probably be best to set 48KHz when using LPCM. Choosing LPCM means the OPPO will send a Stereo down-mix to the box if your play multi-channel content.
--Bob
I guess I'll just have to try Bitstream and then try LPCM if it doesn't sound right. I'll be using it as my only speaker. Nothing else.
post #20856 of 20856 Unread Today, 01:12 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ OK, if Bitstream isn't working it will be obvious -- not subtle.
--Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page