Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 704 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 461Likes
post #21091 of 21099 Unread Today, 07:26 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Just encountered a problem that stumps me. When I tried to setup the audio for my Phantom of th Opera 25th Anniversary Performance BD, I could not get my 103 to accept the DTS-HD MA track. When I tried to select DTS HD, the player displayed this error message: OPERATION BLOCKED BY DISK. I have had this BD for three years and can't recall it ever happening before. Unless I can fix it, my only audio option is two channel Dolby Stereo. Not good. All my other BDs with HD audio tracks work perfectly.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Is this when selecting via the AUDIO popup control on the remote? What if you select via the disc menu instead?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21092 of 21099 Unread Today, 08:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Is this when selecting via the AUDIO popup control on the remote? What if you select via the disc menu instead?
Bingo! Using the disk menu did the job. Thanks a million!
post #21093 of 21099 Unread Today, 08:54 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
^ Some discs block audio or subtitles changes via the buttons. They require you make those choices using the disc's own Setup menu.
--Bob
post #21094 of 21099 Unread Today, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnvideo View Post
Wow:

You gave me a lot of information, some of it a bit above my head. It will take me a bit of time to digest it all.

Anyway, I did do four things:

1. On my Yamaha RX-A1040, the OPPO is connected to AV3. When in this input, I turn HDMI out off so that there is no signal going to my TV and, thus, no additional handshake.

2, On the OPPO BDP-103, I verified that the default Split A/V was selected and that HDMI Out 1 is connected to the TV and HDMI Out 2 is connected to the Yamaha.

3. I set HDMI Audio to Auto (default) instead of Bitstream.

4. I set SACD Output to Auto (default) instead of DSD.

Again thanks for the info.

captnvideo
I found a workaround for this problem. Via Foobar, I am able to create a multi-track combined file + cuesheet and add 2 seconds of silence to the very beginning.

I tried it out and those extra 2 seconds made all the difference. I did not lose any bit of the actual music.

captnvideo
post #21095 of 21099 Unread Today, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Be aware that there is no consistency in how the Sub channel is used in 5.1 SACD recordings. What Sony intended was that the .1 channel be recorded at the same level as the other speaker channels, in contrast to the normal usage by all OTHER formats where the .1 channel is recorded -10dB down so as to provide a special channel in which to mix *LOUD* bass.
No wonder it took me so long to balance my sub in my system. I kept having to parallel park back and forth and it took forever to find a balance where both movies AND music would work. I bet I ended up splitting the difference. SACD is a poorly implemented system. I wish they would just do everything like blu-rays and be done with it.
post #21096 of 21099 Unread Today, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Just encountered a problem that stumps me. When I tried to setup the audio for my Phantom of th Opera 25th Anniversary Performance BD, I could not get my 103 to accept the DTS-HD MA track. When I tried to select DTS HD, the player displayed this error message: OPERATION BLOCKED BY DISK. I have had this BD for three years and can't recall it ever happening before. Unless I can fix it, my only audio option is two channel Dolby Stereo. Not good. All my other BDs with HD audio tracks work perfectly.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Are you trying to make the soundtrack selection from the dicc's top menu before playback starts, or are you starting the movie and then trying to change the soundtrack after you've started the movie?

It can make a difference because I have a number of discs which won't let me change the soundtrack after I've started the movie playing and I then get a message similar to the one you're describing. In those cases the solution is to stop playback and to go back to the top menu of the disc, select the soundtrack first, and then start the movie playing.

I've never had the problem you describe if I select the soundtrack first,
post #21097 of 21099 Unread Today, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sworth View Post
SACD is a poorly implemented system. I wish they would just do everything like blu-rays and be done with it.
Well no, not really... SACD was not designed to offer a dedicated (.1) sub channel. It was designed to offer six 'full band-width/frequency' uncompressed audio channels. Also, it was designed many years before Blu-ray was conceived...

Perhaps Blu-ray should have followed how it was done on SACD

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; Today at 01:32 PM.
post #21098 of 21099 Unread Today, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question OPPO BDP-103 zoom feature with Netflix?

I tried searching everywhere, so sorry if I missed an answer to my question.

Apparently the OPPO BDP-103 has Zoom feature such that the black bars can be eliminated if one choses. Does this zoom feature also work on streaming Netflix app if you are watching a 2.40:1 aspect movie or is it only limited to DVDs & Blu Rays? Thanks for your help in advance.
post #21099 of 21099 Unread Today, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsracer View Post
I tried searching everywhere, so sorry if I missed an answer to my question.

Apparently the OPPO BDP-103 has Zoom feature such that the black bars can be eliminated if one choses. Does this zoom feature also work on streaming Netflix app if you are watching a 2.40:1 aspect movie or is it only limited to DVDs & Blu Rays? Thanks for your help in advance.
It works if playing from a SMB share - sorry don't have netflix, but I think it works on everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc