Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 706 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 464Likes
post #21151 of 21158 Unread Yesterday, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES MCHUGHES View Post
Morning I'm new to this room and wondering if anyone can tell me how I can record the fight Saturday night on my oppo 103 player.
Many thanks in advance :-)
????? This isn't a DVR.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21152 of 21158 Unread Today, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For HT, is there any better player out there than the 103? Is now a reasonable time to buy or will changes be coming soon?
post #21153 of 21158 Unread Today, 05:17 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Holland2 View Post
For HT, is there any better player out there than the 103? Is now a reasonable time to buy or will changes be coming soon?
If you are interested in Darbee processing, then consider the 103D as well.

The next development in home media is 4K Blu-ray, not yet deployed. OPPO has said they will not have a 4K player this year, and maybe not next year.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #21154 of 21158 Unread Today, 05:17 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Morning I'm new to this room and wondering if anyone can tell me how I can record the fight Saturday night on my oppo 103 player.
The only way you could do it that would involve using the Oppo in any way would be to hook up a DVR to one of the HDMI inputs. But the recording would still happen on the DVR using the DVR's user interface, not the Oppo. As @Iron Maiden said, the Oppo isn't a DVR.
post #21155 of 21158 Unread Today, 05:27 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Quote:
Well probably the easiest way is to shoot a video using your Smart Phone.

If you find your family is frequently fighting over your 103 on weekends you probably ought to consider buying a second one.
--Bob
LairdWilliams likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #21156 of 21158 Unread Today, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Some questions.

I have a oppo 103 and a panasonic 700 blurayplayers.

Residing on my Yam rx 2030. Showing off on a benq 1070.

Ànd a darbee box.

Q 1. Which of these players is "best" in streaming content from Vudu and Amazon video rental.

Q 2. Where do I place my darbee box? In the out hdmi cable just in front of the benq?
post #21157 of 21158 Unread Today, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Standard DVD with multiple audio tracks

Hi:

I decided to view one of my older DVDs (from 1997) on my recently purchased OPPO and the upconversion was superb. It looked very close to high definition.

This particular DVD started playing the movie immediately and defaulted to the Dolby Surround track instead of the Dolby Digital 5.1 track. I had to access the pop-up menu in order to select the 5.1 track while playback was already in progress.

Is there any setting in the OPPO by which the default audio track can be the one with the most number of channels?

captnvideo
post #21158 of 21158 Unread Today, 07:02 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnvideo View Post
Hi:

I decided to view one of my older DVDs (from 1997) on my recently purchased OPPO and the upconversion was superb. It looked very close to high definition.

This particular DVD started playing the movie immediately and defaulted to the Dolby Surround track instead of the Dolby Digital 5.1 track. I had to access the pop-up menu in order to select the 5.1 track while playback was already in progress.

Is there any setting in the OPPO by which the default audio track can be the one with the most number of channels?

captnvideo
No. The spec for SD-DVD and Blu-ray leaves the choice of the default audio track under control of the folks who author the disc.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc