Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 710 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 477Likes

post #21271 of 21272 Old Today, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemechfrito View Post
Can a oppo 103 be calibrated in the picture settings
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking.

The OPPO 103 includes Picture Adjustment controls for things like brightness, contrast, color, and sharpness. You COULD use these when calibrating video levels.

However the Rule of Thumb is to leave all those settings in the OPPO at their factory default (0) values and instead do your video calibration using the controls found in your Display. Only tweak the OPPO settings for these if there is some problem in your Display that prevents proper calibration using the Display's own controls.

------------------------------------------

ETA:
Just to elaborate a bit more: The OPPO 103 puts out "Reference" HDMI signals when the Picture Adjustment controls are left at their factory default (0) values. The optimum picture quality will be achieved by using the controls in your Display itself to adjust it to correctly render those into images. I.e., you calibrate the Display. The OPPO is already calibrated.
--Bob
Were you yet able to use the oppo in the picture settings or resolution to 4k. I have a 4k tv but it keeps Saying not support input signal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21272 of 21272 Old Today, 04:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
^ Check that you are using the correct HDMI input socket on your TV. There is likely only one that supports 4K input.

Check in the owner's thread here for you model of TV to see if there are any other settings you need to select in it to enable 4K input.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page