Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 724 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 522Likes

Old Today, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnM5 View Post
This might be a better question for the McIntosh specific forum on Audio Karma or Audio Aficionado, but I wanted to get some thoughts from Oppo owners. What do you think is the best way to use the player as an SACD player? It would be primarily for 2 channel SACD playback. (Equipment: Oppo 103D, McIntosh MX121 processor, McIntosh C2500 tube preamp)

A. Playback over HDMI running through the MX121 (the C2500 is in pass through mode)

B. Playback through the analog outs on the 103D into the C2500 via PCM

C. Playback through the analog outs on the 103D into the cC2500 via DSD
I think the best advice Linger gave you above is to try all your options and see what "you" prefer best. In order to do that, you have to know and understand your options and its consequences. First off, I'm pretty sure your McIntosh processor cannot accept a pure DSD audio stream, so your "A" option would be to have your 103 convert DSD to PCM and send PCM via HDMI to your MX121 for further digital processing (Audyssey, etc.). With regards to digital processing of the signal, I provided you with a link from another forum concerning some of your issues/options. The OP of that discussion preferred to perform Audyssey processing on his audio playback. You'll have to be the final judge on that as to what you prefer..

http://www.audioaficionado.org/mcint...105-mx121.html

As for your B and C options, you're asking the 103 to either convert DSD to PCM before converting to analog(B), or convert DSD direct to analog (C). Be careful of your C option, because you won't be able to control your volume on the 103. In fact, the volume will be fixed at max output, but if you're connecting directly to a preamp, your preamp should provide you the necessary voltage reduction/attenuation before reaching your amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc