Originally Posted by Tamas
So, I am still having issues with my player since the latest firmware.
I check all the settings, I changed some to auto, like resolution and 24 frame output.
Not only do I get long periods of blanking, the player will also not sync with my rs46. It will show a blue screen for a split second. Audio plays fine.
For example as a movie starts, usually the studios logo is shown first as a movie starts, what I get is a blank, black screen.
The other issue that I have noticed is the frame rate seems to be skipping, not large skips but rather subtle frame or two. It's intermittent but once you see it, it's there. Noticed in Mad Max and the Man From Uncle.
I've had the player for some time now and never had issues before the latest firmware.
Thanks for reading.
Try the following:
1) Try using different HDMI cables between the player and AVR and AVR and display.
2) Try bypassing the AVR, going direct to the display.
3) Try hooking the Oppo up to a different input on your AVR.
4) Try the other HDMI output on the BDP-103.
5) Try hooking the Oppo up to another display.
6) If using Quick Start mode on the Oppo, try switching to Energy Efficient mode and restarting the player.
7) Try performing a reset to defaults on the Oppo to get back to a known state (save your settings first so you can restore them later).
All of these tests are intended to figure out if the problem is the Oppo, the HDMI cable(s), the AVR, or the display. Obviously, if you aren't running video through your AVR you can skip test 2.
Do you have any other sources hooked up to your system? Are they all working fine?