Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 765 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 625Likes

post #22921 of 22925 Old Today, 12:52 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrold14 View Post
Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. Ill give this a try tonight, also I'm guessing if the problem persist when I switch inputs then I'm screwed? Ive already turned off hdmi controls on the TV, AVR and the Oppo.
There's still a chance that upgraded cables will get you past this, but not likely. You might also consider talking DirecTV into sending you a newer receiver box that might not be so picky. (The source device -- the DirecTV in this instance -- controls the HDMI handshake from end to end.)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22922 of 22925 Old Today, 01:02 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
I am having a problem when using the Netflix app that the Oppo 103D will just freeze up and the player won't response to commands from the remote and the picture and sound will stutter until a few minutes have passed and then I can exit the app. This reoccurs and has seen to be introduced when I upgraded to the latest firmware version. Also if I press the info button numerously within the Netflix app to see what the video streaming quality is it will also cause to freeze every so often. The VUDU app no issue at all.

Any ideas. Seems like a buffer issue with the player or the latest firmware version.
Netflix has announced that they are experimenting with new compression schemes and the way they switch between them according to how they perceive your networking speed. It is possible you've gotten caught up in this. I suspect they are still working the kinks out.

In your account on the Netflix web site, you'll find an option you can set to avoid being used as an unwitting test subject for their various trials of new stuff. By default you are included, and it is pretty much random chance whether your account gets subjected to any given trial.

On the OPPO, set Energy Efficient instead of Quick Start. This will result in a complete reboot of the player each time you power up -- including restarting networking from scratch. This can help eliminate oddness due to how your router deals with a networking connection that's been kept live for days at a time. (Quick Start keeps the network live even while the player is "OFF", which is one of the things that lets it boot up faster.)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #22923 of 22925 Old Today, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Problems with analog 5.1 audio setup on BDP-103
A quick update-
More snow here in northern Virginia this morning, so had time to swap the 105 with my 103, versus shoveling snow.
As several folks here suggested earlier, I did swap the 103 out and put the 105 in its place, using its analog outputs to feed my recently added active speakers. Long story short the 103's analog outputs are the problem, but its HDMI audio works fine plugged into the Onkyo which is where the 105 was used. The 103 is going back to OPPO for repair.
-Rod
post #22924 of 22925 Old Today, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ On the DVD, the OPPO 10x players do not attempt to "detect" /24 content. If you enable DVD 24p Conversion then *ALL* DVD (shiny disc) content is converted to 1080p/24 output -- assuming you also have 1080p Resolution selected and 1080p/24 Output enabled.

This can result in stuttering if the DVD content was not really /24 to begin with, or if the transfer to disc was done in a way that screws up the cadence used with /24 content that CAN be converted.

--Bob
Ah, thanks for the tip. I didn't pick up on that in my quick read/research. I don't expect to play much if any non-film source content DVDs, but I'll watch for it just in case.
post #22925 of 22925 Old Today, 09:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey folks. I've developed a DLNA video streaming problem with my BDP-103 and I'm unsure as to what's causing it. I have a ripped DVD library (VIDEO_TS folders) sitting on a Windows 2012 R2 server file share that's on my home network. I'm using JRiver Media Center running on another computer on my network as the DLNA server for these titles, streaming to the Oppo. MC 21 plays them just fine by itself, the BDP-103 sees its DLNA server A-OK, it sees the individual titles A-OK, but when I attempt to play a title from the Oppo it fails with a "This format is not supported" error. MC 21 sees the Oppo just fine, and I've verified that it's not a JRiver problem by bringing up a Mezzmo DLNA server on the same box with the same video library. Attempting to stream from it results in the same error on the BDP-103.

I realize that the Oppo doesn't directly support VIDEO_TS on external devices but I *know* this was working via DLNA a few months ago because I was comparing streaming video quality on my ripped DVD library content between the Oppo and a Raspberry Pi 2 that I built. Now it fails every time on the Oppo. This is a recent development. Haven't had time to test it on again the Pi because I need to rebuild the boot SD card. Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem or does anyone have any suggestions? I'm pulling my hair out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page