Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 766 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 627Likes

post #22951 of 22953 Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1150 Post(s)
Liked: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclypse View Post
Tonight I finally went to open up my copy of Avatar 3D and play it for the family as were really into 3D content now with out new LG 65ef9500 OLED TV and come to find after inserting the 3D disk I cant get 3D to output from the oppo player flawlessly like every other 3D movie I've tried so far. Fought with it for prob 20 mins before giving up and turning on 2d-3d conversion on the tv.

At first the disk was showing a screen saying to connect the blu ray player to a 3D ready tv. At the end it would just play without the error but in 2d mode. I even tried setting the 3D option in the player to forced mode and no difference!

Anyone else experience this and maybe know the trick to get the disk to play in 3D?
Sounds like a handshake failure. If you have an AVR in the HDMI chain, try removing it to test. Try different HDMI cables, different input on the TV, etc. Hard to say why just the one disc causes issues, but if you can come up with another one to try it might be worth the effort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22952 of 22953 Old Today, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 1288
Last night I started having an issue, it looks like there is a slight pause during playback, it happens every few minutes. I just started another movie and it's doing the same thing. Between last night and today it's donr this on 5 different discs, no settings have been changed. In the past 1.5 years I've never had this issue at all. Firmware is up to date. Any ideas what might be causing this? It makes watching movies not worth it...

Yamaha RX-A2020 | Outlaw M-5000 | Oppo BDP-103 | Sony CDP-CE500 | Dish VIP622
Definitive Technology BP-8060ST :
CS-8040HD : SR-8040BP | SVS PC12 Plus | PSA S1500
Sharp LC-70C6400U | miniDSP 2x4 : DDRC-88A | Belkin PureAV x2

http://www.rpm-psi.com
post #22953 of 22953 Old Today, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
Last night I started having an issue, it looks like there is a slight pause during playback, it happens every few minutes. I just started another movie and it's doing the same thing. Between last night and today it's donr this on 5 different discs, no settings have been changed. In the past 1.5 years I've never had this issue at all. Firmware is up to date. Any ideas what might be causing this? It makes watching movies not worth it...
Check your cables, they come loose sometimes (and/or an unplug/replug every once in a while couldn't hurt). (Also try pulling the power plug for a little while.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc