Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 772 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 732Likes

Old 03-12-2016, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Odd issue.

My OPPO 103 has stopped responding to the remote's directional buttons for navigation. It still responds to the Netflix or VUDU buttons.

I changed the batteries, but didn't seem to help. Is there a way to manually factory reset the player? Or reset the remote? I wasn't dropped (as far as I know), but maybe the kids were playing with it when I left them alone watching a movie.

Media Room: Epson 5030 / Pioneer VSX-822 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
House Audio: Onkyo NR-709 & Monoprice in-wall speakers
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC:Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked: 1341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckronengold View Post
Odd issue.

My OPPO 103 has stopped responding to the remote's directional buttons for navigation. It still responds to the Netflix or VUDU buttons.

I changed the batteries, but didn't seem to help. Is there a way to manually factory reset the player? Or reset the remote? I wasn't dropped (as far as I know), but maybe the kids were playing with it when I left them alone watching a movie.
First check that both batteries are inserted the correct way around. Then try ANOTHER new set of batteries. Batteries do go bad sitting on the shelf.

Check whether the Arrow buttons on the front panel respond normally. Also check the remote while standing close to the player. If the front panel buttons work, and the remote works while standing close, but still doesn't work from a normal distance, you may have added something to your room which is producing IR light that interfere's with the player's ability to see the remote. The usual culprit would be an IR emitter used by a 3D TV to sync the 3D glasses.

You can also try switching to one of the 2 alternate sets of remote control codes. The selector switch is in the battery compartment of the remote. After changing that slider, open the tray of the player (using the front panel button) and then, while the tray remains open, press and hold the Enter button of the remote for a few seconds. A message will come up in the front panel that the alternate remote code set is now in use.

If still no luck, then your remote may have failed. Give OPPO Tech Support a call. They sell replacement remotes quite inexpensively for players out of warranty.
--Bob
ckronengold likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
as usual, you are a life saver. thanks.

Media Room: Epson 5030 / Pioneer VSX-822 / OPPO-103
Paradigm Mini Monitors v2 / Atoms (rears) / CC-370
House Audio: Onkyo NR-709 & Monoprice in-wall speakers
Server: WHS2011, i5 2500k CPU
HTPC:Win8 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
Old 03-13-2016, 01:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Is there any way to stream .dts files? I have a number of .dts music files and while I can stream a lot of other music files, I can't seem to get them to even list on the Oppo.
Yes... You can re-mux the .dts audio stream into the .mka container using MKVmergeGUI.

The Oppo's can see/play .mka contained files locally and via SMB and UPnP

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
Old 03-13-2016, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Let the Crowns do the EQing or the OPPO, not both. Having both doing the EQing will foul things up.
Thanks for the information. I am pretty sure the only thing the Oppo is doing is a crossover of 40 hz and I cant seem to get rid of it either. I would prefer to have full range of all channels and not interfered with. My system can certainly handle any frequencies I through at it even extreme LF in all channels.

Is there a way to set the Oppo in a non-interfering mode some how?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ If you set all speakers to LARGE the Crossover is not active. Set the Crossover value up to something large like 120Hz and you'll be able to prove this to yourself easily enough.

Note that Crossover only applies to the multi-channel Analog audio outputs.

While we're at it, check to make sure you have DTS Neo:6 Mode set to OFF, too.

---------------------------------

With the Crossover disabled in this fashion, if you have no Subwoofer you should consider leaving Subwoofer set to ON anyway, even though there is nothing cabled to the player's Analog Sub output. This will discard LFE content when playing multi-channel tracks, rather than down-mixing LFE it into Left Front and Right Front. Setting Subwoofer to OFF will retain LFE content (the .1 channel of 5.1 or 7.1 tracks), but due to the way LFE is recorded, this requires a substantial dose of down-mix attenuation in the rest of the speakers, which necessarily raises their noise floor.

(Audio mixers are not supposed to assume the listener has a Sub. Thus bass all the way down in frequency range is authored into the main speaker channels and will go to those speakers if you don't use the Crossover. The LFE channel is a special channel reserved for LOUD bass.)

If you don't want the OPPO to do speaker distance adjustment, set all speakers and Sub to the same distance. Any distance will do so long as they are all the same. For example, you can leave the factory default, 12 foot setting.

If you don't want the OPPO to do speaker volume trims, set the individual speaker volume trims to 0dB for all speakers and Sub.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ If you set all speakers to LARGE the Crossover is not active. Set the Crossover value up to something large like 120Hz and you'll be able to prove this to yourself easily enough.

Note that Crossover only applies to the multi-channel Analog audio outputs.

While we're at it, check to make sure you have DTS Neo:6 Mode set to OFF, too.

With the Crossover disabled in this fashion, if you have no Subwoofer you should consider leaving Subwoofer set to ON anyway, even though there is nothing cabled to the player's Analog Sub output. This will discard LFE content when playing multi-channel tracks, rather than down-mixing LFE it into Left Front and Right Front. Setting Subwoofer to OFF will retain LFE content (the .1 channel of 5.1 or 7.1 tracks), but due to the way LFE is recorded, this requires a substantial dose of down-mix attenuation in the rest of the speakers, which necessarily raises their noise floor.

(Audio mixers are not supposed to assume the listener has a Sub. Thus bass all the way down in frequency range is authored into the main speaker channels and will go to those speakers if you don't use the Crossover. The LFE channel is a special channel reserved for LOUD bass.)

If you don't want the OPPO to do speaker distance adjustment, set all speakers and Sub to the same distance. Any distance will do so long as they are all the same. For example, you can leave the factory default, 12 foot setting.

If you don't want the OPPO to do speaker volume trims, set the individual speaker volume trims to 0dB for all speakers and Sub.
--Bob
Hi Bob, just a thought... leaving the analog out speaker distances set to 12 feet will offset the audio delay to ensure lipsync is in sync with video when speakers are set 12 feet away from the listener. Most other analog out players didn't have the option to use them as a surround preamp thus they did not have speaker distance settings. People who are using analog outputs with a another receiver or preamp should set the distance to zero in all channels when not using the oppo as a preamp. Let your receiver/preamp adjust the lipsync timing.

Ron
Old 03-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ The speaker distance adjustments in the OPPO only use the DIFFERENCE between the speaker distances you specify. There's a separate setting if you find you need to adjust A/V Sync.
--Bob.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
^ The speaker distance adjustments in the OPPO only use the DIFFERENCE between the speaker distances you specify. There's a separate setting if you find you need to adjust A/V Sync.
--Bob.
Interesting! I will run some experiments to verify that. I would think the video would be delayed 10.6ms when distance is 12 feet since sound travels much slower than light. When I change speaker distance in my preamp I have to readjust overall lipsync if I have not physically changed the distance I am sitting from my speakers.

Last edited by Ronomy; 03-13-2016 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks a ton for the clarification Bob!! This really helps. I will try these settings and report back!!
Old 03-13-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
--Bob.
Hi Bob, You are correct! Distance adjustments are only for offsets between different speaker distances. This also explains to me why the negative lipsync settings for overall lipsync. My preamp does not work this way. I set the distances to 50 feet on the oppo and I would have seen a full frame of delay shift and its not there.

That's good...it avoids confusion some people might have when using an external processor and if they didn't reset the distances to zero. The way they did this avoids differences between other video sources and lipsync. Nice job oppo!

Cheers,

Ron
Old 03-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Right now i have a denon avr s919w that is only 5.2.2 atmos, with an oppo 103 could i use the analog out to a seperate a channel amp to get 5.2.4? 4 channels of atmos?
Old 03-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8613 View Post
Right now i have a denon avr s919w that is only 5.2.2 atmos, with an oppo 103 could i use the analog out to a seperate a channel amp to get 5.2.4? 4 channels of atmos?
The Oppo can't decode the height channels in an Atmos soundtrack, just the normal surround channels. You can't get the Atmos height channels from the Oppo so the answer is "No". It simply cannot be done.

Even if it could be done, you'd run into problems because you're passing a digital signal to the AVR and the Oppo's volume control does not affect digital audio levels, only the AVR's volume control would control the 5.2.2 channels, and the AVR can't control the output levels from the Oppo's analog outputs, only the Oppo's volume control can do that, so you would have no way of keeping the volume levels of all channels matched as you increase/decrease volume. You'd have to use 2 separate volume controls every time you wanted to adjust volume and you'd always be guessing how much to adjust the second control so that the channels controlled by that volume control ended up with their levels matched to the level of the channels you adjusted first.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Whether it is possible to come on Oppo-103 under the SSH protocol?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
This has likely been answered before, but could someone assist me with something?

I was under the impression that since I didn’t have a 3D capable TV, that I wouldn’t be able to even run a 3D Blu-ray at all. Is this correct or is there a workaround that would allow me to watch a 3D Blu-ray via my BDP-103?

Someone in another thread suggested that it is possible by simply turning “Off” 3D playback so that it will force the player to play in 2D only. I tried that but it doesn’t work. Whatever 3D discs I’ve tried will begin to load and then give me the disc-specific unpassable “Warning” basically saying that I have to have both a 3D capable Blu-ray Player and 3D capable TV in order to even access the disc.

Is there a workaround for this? Or is it as I initially presumed and I will not be able to access the 3D versions (without significant workaround)?

Normally this isn’t a big deal, but I did want to experience Transformers Age of Extinction with the switching IMAX aspect ratios, but it is only available on the 3D disc.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Old 03-14-2016, 10:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post
This has likely been answered before, but could someone assist me with something?

I was under the impression that since I didn’t have a 3D capable TV, that I wouldn’t be able to even run a 3D Blu-ray at all. Is this correct or is there a workaround that would allow me to watch a 3D Blu-ray via my BDP-103?

Someone in another thread suggested that it is possible by simply turning “Off” 3D playback so that it will force the player to play in 2D only. I tried that but it doesn’t work. Whatever 3D discs I’ve tried will begin to load and then give me the disc-specific unpassable “Warning” basically saying that I have to have both a 3D capable Blu-ray Player and 3D capable TV in order to even access the disc.

Is there a workaround for this? Or is it as I initially presumed and I will not be able to access the 3D versions (without significant workaround)?

Normally this isn’t a big deal, but I did want to experience Transformers Age of Extinction with the switching IMAX aspect ratios, but it is only available on the 3D disc.
More often than not, if you play a 3D disc without a 3D-capable TV connected, you'll get 2D. That said, most all 3D release come with a 2D disc so its not a huge issue. Contrast, color and brightness will be out of whack in 2D from a 3D disc.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Yep, as I mentioned, this normally isn't a big deal (for the reason you stated) the vast majority of the time. The only instance where I wanted to force play the 3D version and convert it is when filmmakers decided to do exclusive content, like Transformers Age of Extinction Switching aspect ratio ONLY for 3D.

It won't even "play" the disc, it always stops at the 3D compatibility notice, so I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
Old 03-14-2016, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherhole View Post

It won't even "play" the disc, it always stops at the 3D compatibility notice, so I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.
That's a restriction placed on you by the makers of the disc. Sounds like a case for ripping it.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Hello everyone, I have read through the thread and believe I have the answer fro my question and would like to have it confirmed from the experts here

I am currently using a Pioneer Elite SC-85 that does all my DSD decoding and everything else. I am looking at upgrading to the new Anthem AVM60 for a couple of reasons and it does not offer DSD decoding. From what I understand is that I would need to run audio from the analogue outputs of the Oppo to have it send the decoded DSD signal. Will the analogue outputs also send the audio for all the HT/BD functions as well? Also, what HDMI output would I use to send the video to the Anthem and will that interfere with the audio from the analogue outputs?

Thank you for the help as always!

My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus
Old 03-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ This is only an issue if you care about whether the DSD content is converted to LPCM before being converted to Analog.

If you don't care (which is what I suggest), then set SACD Output PCM in the OPPO 103 and you can use HDMI to the AVM 60 -- same cable you are using for video.

If you do care. That is if you want the DSD content converted DIRECTLY to Analog without the preliminary step of conversion to LPCM. Then set SACD Output DSD in the OPPO 103 and cable Stereo Analog to the AVM 60. Note that the AVM 60 does not have multi-channel Analog inputs, so you will only be able to wire for Stereo this way.

Also note that when DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion is in effect -- i.e., with SACD Output set to DSD and the Analog audio outs in use -- no audio processing of any sort is available in the OPPO 103. No Volume control, no down-mixing, no Crossover processing -- nothing. So if you play a multi-channel SACD track you will only get audio from the Left Front and Right Front channels since there's no way to wire the other channels to the AVM 60 and no down-mixing from 5.1 to 2.0 audio output can be done.

With this in mind, the rest of your setup is easy. All of the outputs of the OPPO are live, so you can still send video the AVM 60 via HDMI 1 output from the OPPO. In the AVM 60, you specify the HDMI input for video and the wired Stereo Analog input for audio. That's for playing your Stereo DSD content.

Meanwhile, set up second Input definition in the AVM 60 which uses that HDMI Input (i.e., HDMI 1 output from the OPPO) for both audio and video. That's for all the rest of your content.

-------------------------------

My recommendation would be that you set SACD Output PCM in the OPPO 103 and use HDMI for both audio and video even when playing your DSD content. The OPPO will send HDMI LPCM 88.2kHz 24-bit up to 5.1 channels when playing DSD content this way. But of course you can set it up both ways (HDMI audio and Stereo Analog audio) and compare for yourself.
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 03-15-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
^ This is only an issue if you care about whether the DSD content is converted to LPCM before being converted to Analog.

If you don't care (which is what I suggest), then set SACD Output PCM in the OPPO 103 and you can use HDMI to the AVM 60 -- same cable you are using for video.

If you do care. That is if you want the DSD content converted DIRECTLY to Analog without the preliminary step of conversion to LPCM. Then set SACD Output DSD in the OPPO 103 and cable Stereo Analog to the AVM 60. Note that the AVM 60 does not have multi-channel Analog inputs, so you will only be able to wire for Stereo this way.

Also note that when DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion is in effect -- i.e., with SACD Output set to DSD and the Analog audio outs in use -- no audio processing of any sort is available in the OPPO 103. No Volume control, no down-mixing, no Crossover processing -- nothing. So if you play a multi-channel SACD track you will only get audio from the Left Front and Right Front channels since there's no way to wire the other channels to the AVM 60 and no down-mixing from 5.1 to 2.0 audio output can be done.

With this in mind, the rest of your setup is easy. All of the outputs of the OPPO are live, so you can still send video the AVM 60 via HDMI 1 output from the OPPO. In the AVM 60, you specify the HDMI input for video and the wired Stereo Analog input for audio. That's for playing your Stereo DSD content.

Meanwhile, set up second Input definition in the AVM 60 which uses that HDMI Input (i.e., HDMI 1 output from the OPPO) for both audio and video. That's for all the rest of your content.

-------------------------------

My recommendation would be that you set SACD Output PCM in the OPPO 103 and use HDMI for both audio and video even when playing your DSD content. The OPPO will send HDMI LPCM 88.2kHz 24-bit up to 5.1 channels when playing DSD content this way. But of course you can set it up both ways (HDMI audio and Stereo Analog audio) and compare for yourself.
--Bob
^^
Thank you Bob, that is great info. I thought the AVM60 had MCH analogue inputs so thank you for that clarification! I looked at the pic of the back and saw analogue input above the analogue outputs and well...am glad I have not made the purchase yet.

With your recommendation to use PCM output, would there not be a sound difference between DSD and PCM?

Also, are you saying that I am able to run both HDMI audio and stereo audio out from the Oppo simultaneously, or will I have to make the manual switch each time?

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, SVS SB13 Plus

Last edited by decibels; 03-15-2016 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Further Clarification
Old 03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ All audio outputs from the OPPO are live simultaneously. You select which to listen to in the AVR.

Theoretically you should not be able to hear a difference between DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion and DSD first converted to LPCM digital audio in the manner the OPPO does that. This is a subject of some debate, and of course you may want to try it both ways. Comparison can be tricky as you have to get volume matched both ways and account for differences in audio processing each way.

Personally, I use the DSD conversion to LPCM in the OPPO. That's with an Anthem Statement D2v / 3D.
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 03-16-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
^ All audio outputs from the OPPO are live simultaneously. You select which to listen to in the AVR.

Theoretically you should not be able to hear a difference between DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion and DSD first converted to LPCM digital audio in the manner the OPPO does that. This is a subject of some debate, and of course you may want to try it both ways. Comparison can be tricky as you have to get volume matched both ways and account for differences in audio processing each way.

Personally, I use the DSD conversation to LPCM in the OPPO. That's with an Anthem Statement D2v / 3D.
--Bob
^
Thanks Bob, how do like your D2v? I saw a good price on a used one that tempted me over the weekend.

I will try both with my current setup to see if there is a difference that I hear.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Hi, I'm a relative newbie to home theater setups. I'm an owner of a Oppo BDP-93 and posting here because that official thread seems inactive and my question is hopefully universal to all Oppo players. I have my BDP-93 connected via HDMI to a Marantz 1604 receiver. Can someone help me with choosing the best audio settings to use for Blu ray movies and SACD/DVD-Audio? When I go into the audio settings menu I feel a little overwhelmed.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 62
^
Really, if your receiver can process both bitstream and LPCM for all movie audio formats it shouldn't make a difference. If your receiver is an old model which can't decode the lossless formats then you need to use LPCM in order to take advantage of those formats. With SACD it also shouldn't make a significant difference if your receiver can process both DSD and LPCM but if it can't process DSD then LPCM is the only viable option. The one problem you may strike with DSD is that things like Audyssey room correction and bass management require LPCM so they may not work if you send DSD to the receiver so if you want that functionality with SACD then that could be another reason for choosing LPCM over DSD.

Basically what it comes down to is whether your receiver can handle the audio formats the Oppo sends to it. If it can there's unlikely to be a difference one way or the other, or at least not a significant difference. If the receiver can't handle some audio formats then LPCM is definitely the best, and only choice, for what to send to the receiver because all receivers with a DAC will handle LPCM.
PTV Programmer likes this.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:12 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Both my Oppo 103's are locking up when I go into Network on Home menu, any thoughts on this?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1901 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
Both my Oppo 103's are locking up when I go into Network on Home menu, any thoughts on this?
Does it happen if you have networking turned off, or if you disconnect the ethernet cable? Have you tried rebooting the router?

Are you running current firmware?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Thanks for the response Bill. It is only locking up when I enter the network menu, and start to scroll. I have rebooted router and switchers, also I am unable to stream from Netlix on the Oppo but am fine with Roku, its really odd that it affecting both oppos. Latest firmware also
Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1901 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:
Thanks for the response Bill. It is only locking up when I enter the network menu, and start to scroll. I have rebooted router and switchers, also I am unable to stream from Netlix on the Oppo but am fine with Roku, its really odd that it affecting both oppos. Latest firmware also
That is odd.

So you are getting to the server and scrolling through a list of files and directories when it locks up?

Is this with DLNA or SMB? Could you try the other?

If it is easily replicable, get the details to OPPO support. They'll need to know about the server.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
I have had some situations where the Oppo locks up when I'm browsing and I hit upon certain video files (so as you're scrolling, it peeks into the file so it can display the resolution, length, frame rate, image if it has one...). If you can note which file you're browsing when it freezes and then temporarily move or hide that file, you might solve your problem.

I usually reprocess those video files to clean them up and the problem goes away....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc