Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 795 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 742Likes

post #23821 of 23822 Old Today, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulisdead View Post
I couldn't find a reference to this issue:

The TIDAL section of the Media Control app is not working on my iPhone SE.

I can log in to TIDAL and search for a song, but it hangs when you press PLAY and does not sync with the Oppo player. My phone is currently on Ois 9.3.4 and the Media Control app is V4.0

Is this a common problem? Is there a work around? I noticed the latest firmware Beta mentions nothing about TIDAL.
First always make sure you are running the most current official version of firmware.
There was one released just a couple of weeks ago. http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-1...3-Support.aspx
If your player is authorized for network access, you should be able to update the firmware with wifi or ethernet through the
settings menu of the player.

I don't currently have an active Tidal account, so I can't test it to corroborate, but you could try the iOS 9.3.5 update
and see if anything changes for the better.

Other things to try would be to do an Energy Efficient power cycle of the player.
To keep that simple, just power off the player, then pull the power cord from the back of the player or the power
socket it's plugged into, with it unplugged, press the power button on the player once, then plug it back in and turn it on.

You will also want to try exiting the Oppo MC app as well as all apps on your iPhone, clear the open background apps,
and then do a power cycle of your iPhone.

Try to do both procedures at the same time before you try re-entering the MC app or Tidal portion of the MC app.
In other words, start with a clean slate to see if that helps your issue.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23822 of 23822 Old Today, 09:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by green giant View Post
Quick question - Just got around to signing up for Amazon Prime. What is the best way to stream through the 103, and get full surround sound from Amazon Prime? Buy a stick?

Thanks.
Amazon sells different variations of the their streaming products or you can try something like a Roku,
or several other streaming boxes/sticks on the market.
Some offer Amazon streaming and some don't. Not all offer the best audio/video output either so you
will have to do some homework and decide which one is right for you according to specs and how much you're willing to spend.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page