Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 797 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 749Likes

post #23881 of 23884 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
More information on the UDP-203 in this Forbes article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarch.../#1462a7ca4d3a

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23882 of 23884 Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
It's killing me waiting for this deck! I love my oppo, and will wait for a dv oppo to replace it. Here's hoping dv mastered content hits the market soon too.

It makes such a difference on the streaming content. To have a player that can produce that picture quality with the audio quality I expect from oppo is a dream come true.

Overcomes the frustration of being limited to dd on the e6 arc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #23883 of 23884 Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningbull View Post
It's killing me waiting for this deck! I love my oppo, and will wait for a dv oppo to replace it. Here's hoping dv mastered content hits the market soon too.

It makes such a difference on the streaming content. To have a player that can produce that picture quality with the audio quality I expect from oppo is a dream come true.

Overcomes the frustration of being limited to dd on the e6 arc.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I don't think having a player that can produce the picture quality of DV streaming content is a dream come true. Compare the video quality of normal 1080p streamed content with the video quality of 1080p BD from your 103 or my 105 and I don't think you would be happy if your 103 simply delivered the picture quality of streamed content. Our BD players surpass the picture quality of streamed 1080p content and I, for one, want a UHD player that surpasses the picture quality of streamed HDR content.

And what can we expect in real life? Well, when I bought my LG E6, I also bought the Samsung UHD player as a stopgap to tide me over with UHD discs until the Oppo player comes out. The Samsung player doesn't do DV, it only does HDR10, but I can tell you that native 4K HDR content from it looks noticeably better than a show like Marco Polo streamed in 4K with DV from Netflix does and that's what we should expect from the 203 as well. John Archer comments in the article in the link above that he thought the 203 he saw demonstrated was producing a better picture than he had seen previously from the Samsung player.

I also am waiting eagerly for the 203 but I am going to be bitterly disappointed if all it can do for picture quality is to match the quality of 4K DV streamed content. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed. The Samsung player does better than that and I'm expecting results that are at least equal to those of the Samsung. I'm hoping for results that are better than that.
post #23884 of 23884 Old Today, 04:40 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked: 652
^ There's an Oppo UDP-203 anticipation thread where discussion about the upcoming player would be more appropriate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc