Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 822 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 896Likes

post #24631 of 24646 Old 05-07-2017, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Don't have an answer, but do have some suggestions of things to try.

One suggestion is to disable CEC everywhere (all your devices) and see if that makes any difference.

Another thing to try might be to reset the player to factory defaults. And/or reload the latest firmware. (And then make sure resolution is 1080 rather than 4K, plus go through all the settings and make sure they are also right.)

And if that cable you used to hook up to your 4K set is different than those you are having trouble with, try using different cables.

Just some ideas.
Already tried them when CEC had stopped working.. Reset and installer the firmware several times and now on official Release (earlier on beta ones to allow TruHD passthrough which wasn't working on my AVR even when bitstream was forced).

Will try once again on official version (factory reset did not help).

Another question - why do I see a huge difference in color saturation and noise if I connect the TV directly through Oppo and passed through the AVR? I have set the AVR not to touch the video signals and pass them without overlay or processing. Does this happen on the latest HDMI 2.0a capable AVRs? I have seen minor chroma related losses on my Marantz 6005 which also has got this strange HDMI output handshake issues now and hence moved to a used Denon 4311. Both use ABT2015 video processor which was probably used in BDP 93 and is considered one of the best.

Can someone point to Oppo US escalation contacts as I don't get any reply for the messages sent through their website.

Appreciate everyone's time here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ OPPO Digital Tech Support in the US usually responds to emails within a day -- often within an hour -- typically even on weekends and holidays.

If you've been using their Email Us page -- just linked above -- and have not gotten a response, check your Spam or Junk mail filtering.

OPPO in the US can also be reached by phone during normal weekday business hours. The phone number is on that Email Us page. They are in California, so west coast time in the US -- Pacific Standard or Daylight Time.
--Bob
I referred to the same form. Never got a reply and I believed to have messaged them twice.. Don't remember seeing my spam though. Let me try again.

Do we have an email ID which we can refer as I do not have any proof of approaching them earlier and don't wish to call international just because they choose to keep mum and let the warranty and product rot? Sorry but quite frustrated sitting on this for almost an year after paying Amazon.com import tax I never got a refund despite their assurance.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Prankey

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24632 of 24646 Old 05-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3117 Post(s)
Liked: 4031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prankey View Post
I referred to the same form. Never got a reply and I believed to have messaged them twice.. Don't remember seeing my spam though. Let me try again.

Do we have an email ID which we can refer as I do not have any proof of approaching them earlier and don't wish to call international just because they choose to keep mum and let the warranty and product rot? Sorry but quite frustrated sitting on this for almost an year after paying Amazon.com import tax I never got a refund despite their assurance.

Appreciate your time.

Regards
Prankey

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
At this point your best bet is probably to deal with the time zone difference and call OPPO Tech Support during office hours in California.

That Email Us page really is the BEST way to initiate email contact with them as it is monitored by the entire Tech Support team, even when the phone line is closed.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #24633 of 24646 Old 05-17-2017, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 55
For automating the use of the BDP-103D I have, I noticed that if it is turned off, there is no network connection.

Does this mean that I need to use IR to turn on the Oppo player, then I can use network commands for the rest of it?

Or is there a way to turn it on using network commands, perhaps there's a different standby mode?

Thanks!

Hardware and System engineer. Enjoy theaters, automation, media and the outdoors.
Love the hobby, but always have to remember to keep family first!
"The Escape Pod" - First Theater Build

post #24634 of 24646 Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielrg View Post
For automating the use of the BDP-103D I have, I noticed that if it is turned off, there is no network connection.

Does this mean that I need to use IR to turn on the Oppo player, then I can use network commands for the rest of it?

Or is there a way to turn it on using network commands, perhaps there's a different standby mode?

Thanks!
Change Standby Mode from Energy Efficient to Quick Start and networking will be kept live while the player is "Off".
--Bob
danielrg likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #24635 of 24646 Old 05-22-2017, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Down mixing on a 103?

I connected the FL and FR analog outputs from my 103 to my Denon 6200 Zone 2 inputs so I can down mix multichannel audio to stereo in the Zone 2 area of my home while the Main Zone is playing multichannel DSD via HDMI. I set up the 103's speaker configuration to down mix to stereo (2.0). This has SEEMED to worked well for months. However, I recently observed that when I play The Doors L.A. Woman, a 5.1 SACD, the vocals are missing in the stereo down mix. Morrison's vocals are only coming from the center channel in the 5.1 mix. If I change the 103 to convert DSD to PCM, the 103 down mixes as expected. Apparently, the 103 cannot down mix DSD. I see nothing in the Oppo 103 manual that states that DSD files cannot be down mixed. In summary, the 103 can only down mix PCM, not DSD - correct?

My signature:
Link: avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet

I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me.
post #24636 of 24646 Old 05-22-2017, 11:19 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ Correct. No audio processing of any type can happen when you engage DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion. That includes down-mixing.

If you prefer to continue using DSD to the DACs, see if the disc includes a stereo track in addition to its 5.1 track. Audio button in the remote will toggle between them, and you can set the default choice (for discs that include both) in Setup.
--Bob

post #24637 of 24646 Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Correct. No audio processing of any type can happen when you engage DSD-Direct-to-Analog Conversion. That includes down-mixing.

If you prefer to continue using DSD to the DACs, see if the disc includes a stereo track in addition to its 5.1 track. Audio button in the remote will toggle between them, and you can set the default choice (for discs that include both) in Setup.
--Bob
Thanks Bob.

My signature:

post #24638 of 24646 Old Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Best Buy offered me an oppo 103 display unit for price you get if you multiply player number by 2. I already own the 83 and Im wondering if this is a good deal that I should jump on.Not sure what a unit connected to a tv in a store does to its longevity. Salesman said it didnt get that much use and comes with remote. Any opinions would help. thanks

Matt
post #24639 of 24646 Old Today, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
Best Buy offered me an oppo 103 display unit for price you get if you multiply player number by 2. I already own the 83 and Im wondering if this is a good deal that I should jump on.Not sure what a unit connected to a tv in a store does to its longevity. Salesman said it didnt get that much use and comes with remote. Any opinions would help. thanks
$206??? Hell yeah!

My signature:

post #24640 of 24646 Old Today, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 2162
Absolutely a good deal, grab it quick!
post #24641 of 24646 Old Today, 03:07 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1160 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Better yet, let me know which Best Buy it was so I can buy it and save you from making a HUGE mistake.
Keenan and lujan like this.
post #24642 of 24646 Old Today, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Better yet, let me know which Best Buy it was so I can buy it and save you from making a HUGE mistake.
Best Buys in Massachusetts
post #24643 of 24646 Old Today, 04:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 187
LOL--didnt expect this reponse--on my way to buy it
Keenan likes this.

Matt
post #24644 of 24646 Old Today, 05:24 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1160 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
LOL--didnt expect this reponse--on my way to buy it
You clearly aren't very good at taking advice...
mattg3 likes this.
post #24645 of 24646 Old Today, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
YES and YES
A Best Buy did the same near me. I also have an 83 and did not hesitate. It will have full warranty and does so much more than the 83, excellent find my man!
mattg3 likes this.

HT, Mitsubishi HC6500, 106" screen, Panasonic TC-P50G10, Oppo BDP-103, Toshiba A35, Panasonic LX-1000U, Pioneer Elite CLD-95, Faroudja NRS, DirecTV H21-100, PS3, Pioneer Elite SC-85, Def Tech; SM 450, CLR 2002, BP2X, Klipsch KSB 1.1(X4), Pro Sub 100, Polk PSW125
Old School, Sony PS-5500->Denon 103r->AU-320 SUT, Dual 1219->Shure M91ED, Kyocera DA-610cx, Pioneer SA-1000, Polk Monitor 10A

Last edited by bguzman; Today at 06:13 PM.
post #24646 of 24646 Old Today, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2227 Post(s)
Liked: 1564
Quote:
You can flip it on eBay and make a few bucks. Helps if it has all the factory packing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page