Originally Posted by wmcclain
- make sure the firmware is the most recent
- reset factory defaults and erase persistent storage
- check that each disc type plays: CD, DVD, Blu-ray
- verify network functions: there is a Connection Test in Setup
- test the USB ports
I also have a similar story to this user. I went to a Best Buy Magnolia+ store in Naples Florida. They had an OPPO BDP-103 for $150 because it did not have a remote control or a power cord. But the unit itself was in MINT condition. I asked them if the unit had the original box?
The employee came out of the back carrying a black cloth bag and inside the bag was a black box that had:
1. Brand New Sealed Remote
2. Brand New Sealed Power Cord
3. Brand New Sealed HDMI Cable
4. Brand New Sealed Batteries
5. Brand New Wireless Adapter
6. Another cable that I don't even know what it is.
The employee told me that the unit was a part of the McIntosh Display but that particular unit was never used, it was just there for show. I haven't had a chance to turn it on yet because my house is being renovated right now but since I'm an OPPO rookie, #1
- Did I get a good deal on this? #2
Do I need to upgrade the firmware and how? No manual unless it's in that box. #3
- Final question. I have a 70" Sony 4K HDTV (XBR-70X-850B). My 4K TV supposedly upscales everything automatically so should I turn on the OPPO 4K upscaler or leave the TV to do that?
Thanks guys! I've always wanted an OPPO so I'm excited to use it! I hope I got a good deal?