Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 828 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3144Likes

post #24811 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 06:41 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
Liked: 4823
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg3 View Post
I did that Bob but when i switched it back to remote 1 it would not talk to remote and I had to use front panel to get remote back to remote 3 to get it working. Im just going to reset everything to default and see what happens.
The player and remote have to be set to match of course. The slider switch on the OPPO remote is in its battery compartment.

If you accidentally change the player and want to return it to what matches the current slider switch setting in the OPPO remote, you can do that as follows:

1) Open the disc Tray using the Front Panel button

2) Press and Hold the Enter button on the remote for several seconds until the new remote code selection number appears in the Front Panel display.

—Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24812 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Thanks so much Bob. Totally forgot about the slider

Matt
post #24813 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
There's also a way to teach the Harmony to use the code-3 commands. But if you just set the player to use code 1 you should be OK too.
Well I reset my Oppo to factory default,changed the remote code to code1,changed the slder in Oppo remote to 1,deleted my Oppo 103 from harmony and reloaded it to harmony and it still didnt work. I tried letting harmony change the infrared setting by sending a command from Oppo remote to harmony remote and still nothing. Im completely out of ideas. The harmony works perfectly on all my other devices but the Oppo 103. Im open for any ideas thanks

Matt

post #24814 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3695 Post(s)
Liked: 4823
^ There’s a Harmony forum here on AVS where the Harmony experts hang out.
—Bob
mattg3 likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #24815 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'm not about to tempt the Harmony gods by deleting and trying to re-do it from scratch, but from my Devices settings my device seems to be "Oppo BDP-103". (Just playing a bit, add the device as manufacturer "Oppo", device model number as "BDP-103".) My recollection is that the only way for it to recognize my remote was to train it (it didn't work initially), probably by using the Add or Fix a Command feature for the Device, but I have it as remote code 2, so that's probably why. This was all done via the MyHarmony (Mac) application.

After I did enter Oppo and BDP-103 it day say "Oppo Home Theater" in the subsequent dialog, by the way, but that was I think the only mention of it during setup.

This was not with your version of the Harmony remote by the way.
post #24816 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I'm not about to tempt the Harmony gods by deleting and trying to re-do it from scratch, but from my Devices settings my device seems to be "Oppo BDP-103". (Just playing a bit, add the device as manufacturer "Oppo", device model number as "BDP-103".) My recollection is that the only way for it to recognize my remote was to train it (it didn't work initially), probably by using the Add or Fix a Command feature for the Device, but I have it as remote code 2, so that's probably why. This was all done via the MyHarmony (Mac) application.

After I did enter Oppo and BDP-103 it day say "Oppo Home Theater" in the subsequent dialog, by the way, but that was I think the only mention of it during setup.

This was not with your version of the Harmony remote by the way.
Is their any way to just teach the harmony 350 all the commands of the Oppo 103 remote,or at least the main ones that get it working? You said its only way you got yours to work. I do have the add or fix a command feature for the device and Ive used it successfully for my other devices but on the oppo nothing works and yet it shows most of the commands I need are already mapped out to the remote. Perhaps I should just switch to remote code 2 on my Oppo. Ive tried 1 and 3 with no luck. I actually like the way the 350 works but without control of my blu ray player its really not much use. I posted in remote area a few days ago but have gotten no replies.

Matt
post #24817 of 24819 Old 09-23-2017, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2471 Post(s)
Liked: 2315
Quote:
Is their any way to just teach the harmony 350 all the commands of the Oppo 103 remote,or at least the main ones that get it working? You said its only way you got yours to work. I do have the add or fix a command feature for the device and Ive used it successfully for my other devices but on the oppo nothing works and yet it shows most of the commands I need are already mapped out to the remote. Perhaps I should just switch to remote code 2 on my Oppo. Ive tried 1 and 3 with no luck. I actually like the way the 350 works but without control of my blu ray player its really not much use. I posted in remote area a few days ago but have gotten no replies.
You might try at Remote Control Central and the Logitech Harmony Forum.

Is the 350 a learning remote? If so, you shouldn't have any problem teaching the exact codes the Oppo remote is sending.
mattg3 likes this.
post #24818 of 24819 Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Actually that's not what I said. It works pretty much out of the box, but you may have to send it some commands from your original Oppo remote so the Harmony will know which corresponding set of command codes to send to the Oppo (likely based on whichever remote control code you picked). But yeah, I don't have the 350, so I don't know how your situation would differ from what I can pretty easily do with the Elite.

(Plus I was also going partly from memory, so what I might actually have had to do to get the Oppo remote recognized may have been a slightly different (but similarly simple) process of hitting a few buttons.)

Last edited by fmalczewski; 09-24-2017 at 11:54 AM.
post #24819 of 24819 Old 09-24-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 2257 Post(s)
Liked: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
...It works pretty much out of the box, but you may have to send it some commands from your original Oppo remote so the Harmony will know which corresponding set of command codes to send to the Oppo (likely based on whichever remote control code you picked). But yeah, I don't have the 350, so I don't know how your situation would differ from what I can pretty easily do with the Elite.
Solved in another thread. Essentially a quirk in how devices are chosen on the low end 350 model that handles 8 devices but only has 4 device buttons. I would never recommend a 350 to anyone when a 650 is only a few dollars more for about 10 times the functionality (8 activities instead of just one, LCD for additional functions/devices/activities, 20 step sequences, icons and logos, favorites). 350 is only suitable if you have one source (cable box or disc player or Roku), not many sources.
mattg3 and fmalczewski like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page