Blu-Ray Problems - Samsung - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a low end Samsung Blu-Ray player. It is less than a year old. When we play movies it freezes up on the start up. Only on the start up. Never during the movie. The previews will play but then it freezes when it is time to play the movie. Almost like it cant load up. We have to power the unit off, remove the disc and then try it again. It usually works on the second try.... this is on rented Blu-Rays as well as new ones we purcahse right out of the case. When I had my home theater room built, purchased the equipment and had it installed we did not pay much attention to the Blu-Ray player. He actually threw it in for free. So I am sure it is a low end machine. Would upgrading to a higher end machine do anything for me? What do you guys recomend? Thanks guys....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 38
First, check for a Samsung firmware update. IMO, Samsung players are not very reliable, so yes, you should try another player (check out the OFFICIAL HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER thread) to solicit recommendations. Popular choices are Panasonic, Sony, and Oppo, depending on your needs and budget.
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page