Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #5311 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I continue to have freezing problems with my A1 playing bluray disc's from Blockbuster. Yet it plays all the bluray discs that I own with no problems. My 3800 bluray player plays the Blockbuster disc's w/o freezing. What does this mean; is it that that my A1 is very sensitive to disc's that is not completely clean? I got my A1 back from repair about 6 months ago and they replaced the bluray drive so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I think it’s time get a new player and just use the A1 for music which it seems to excel at and doesn't have problems with music disc's (cd, dvd-a & sacd). So I have decided to go with my first Oppo either the 105 or 103. Since space is an issue and if I keep the A1 for music I would have to stack my Satellite HDR on top of whichever one I get, would that be a problem? I know I should probably opt for the 103 if I plan to keep the A1 for music, but I would like to get the 105 on the chance that it might sound as good as the A1 for music and in case the A1 conchs out completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5312 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post

I continue to have freezing problems with my A1 playing bluray disc's from Blockbuster. Yet it plays all the bluray discs that I own with no problems. My 3800 bluray player plays the Blockbuster disc's w/o freezing. What does this mean; is it that that my A1 is very sensitive to disc's that is not completely clean? I got my A1 back from repair about 6 months ago and they replaced the bluray drive so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I think it’s time get a new player and just use the A1 for music which it seems to excel at and doesn't have problems with music disc's (cd, dvd-a & sacd).
Just in case some people have no idea what an "A1" is, it's Denon's flagship DVD-A1UDCI bluray player.
Quote:
So I have decided to go with my first Oppo either the 105 or 103. Since space is an issue and if I keep the A1 for music I would have to stack my Satellite HDR on top of whichever one I get, would that be a problem? I know I should probably opt for the 103 if I plan to keep the A1 for music, but I would like to get the 105 on the chance that it might sound as good as the A1 for music and in case the A1 conchs out completely.
The 105 has vents on the top, which I wouldn't recommend stacking another component over. Plan on having some room for air to circulate.
post #5313 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by namakudol View Post

The DAC is Wadia 121 or Onix DAC25B,what do you think?
is that more worth i get one of that DAC instead and get the Oppo 103 or Philips 9700?
What are the reason to choose Oppo 105 than i use separate DAC and get 103 or philips 9700?
Pls give some advice bcause im still not familiar with this smile.gif many thanks
Neither of those dacs you mentioned has the ability to receive high rez audio files through your home network(100base-T). The 105 can. If you've never been able to do that before with your audio files, it is a big convenience. The 105 has two 32 bit reference dacs...one for audio, another for video. It's a great unit. You should try it first before spending thousands of dollars on a dedicated dac unit, a separate blu-ray player, and associated interconnects.
post #5314 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 292

So Oppo can't read my 2TB of music :(

AIFC and AIFF-C
Theoretically, the "C" in AIFC and AIFF-C stands for compressed versions of AIFF. However, starting with Mac OS X, music CDs that are ripped to AIFF in iTunes or copied to the Mac desktop are stored in the AIFF-C/sowt format, which is not compressed. The "sowt," which stands for "twos" in reverse, refers to the little endian byte order of the Intel architecture (see byte order). Older Mac applications may not recognize this AIFF format and require conversion.

post #5315 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How can I play music via network without using the television. I am missing a proper app - like the onkyo app where you see the files on the device.
post #5316 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:18 AM

and by the way the dropouts with airport express are gone since the update - I am happy can now play via airport express and optical in music from the handy. :-)
I am waiting for this since xmas - it is only a matter of time oppo.......
post #5317 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlhaus View Post

How can I play music via network without using the television. I am missing a proper app - like the onkyo app where you see the files on the device.

With a Digital Media Controller you can push files to the player over DLNA. The apps I know about are listed in the FAQ: Is the player a Digital Media Renderer?

-Bill
post #5318 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Thank you very much Bill - I was so blind - now i just played with twonky beam - works great 10 minutes and all up and running - G R E A T biggrin.gif
post #5319 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Issue post firmware "update" and factory reset. When playing files from two recent HDTracks downloads using the 105 as a renderer, after each song there are several seconds of loud static. When pushing the same files to an iPad, no problem. In both cases I am using MC18 and JRemote. When playing them on the computer, no problem. Hence, this is not a problem with the downloaded files but with the new firmware (the files also played fine prior to the "update").

I have tried unplugging the unit, etc. Any ideas?
post #5320 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

Just in case some people have no idea what an "A1" is, it's Denon's flagship DVD-A1UDCI bluray player.
The 105 has vents on the top, which I wouldn't recommend stacking another component over. Plan on having some room for air to circulate.

I have some vibration devices that I got from Music Direct that would elevate the satellite hdr about one inch, would that work? I know it's not ideal. I guess I could use those same vibration devices and put the 103/105 on top of the satellite hdr. I guess I could always start out getting the 105 and hope that it rivals the sound of the A1 for 2-channel music and than I wouldn't have this issue other than what do I do with the A1. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it with it's bluray Disc sensitivity issues. If the 105 doesn't sound as good as my A1 to my ears, I could exchange it for the 103 and just be out the shipping cost.
post #5321 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 04:20 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post

I have some vibration devices that I got from Music Direct that would elevate the satellite hdr about one inch, would that work? I know it's not ideal. I guess I could use those same vibration devices and put the 103/105 on top of the satellite hdr. I guess I could always start out getting the 105 and hope that it rivals the sound of the A1 for 2-channel music and than I wouldn't have this issue other than what do I do with the A1. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it with it's bluray Disc sensitivity issues. If the 105 doesn't sound as good as my A1 to my ears, I could exchange it for the 103 and just be out the shipping cost.
If the satellite DVR doesn't give off a ton of heat through the top, yes it would be better to put the 105 on top of it.

As far as selling the Denon DVD-A1UDCI goes, I wouldn't see a problem with doing that as long as you disclose the issue when you're selling it and you'd obviously have to adjust your asking price accordingly.
post #5322 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

I think he meant that you should do a factory reset in the Settings menu and then power off and on again. Then you can refresh the settings you had. You should, of course, write down your current settings before doing this.

I did a factory rest, still it freezes up. Called Oppo tech support also, they could not help. 

post #5323 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post

Issue post firmware "update" and factory reset. When playing files from two recent HDTracks downloads using the 105 as a renderer, after each song there are several seconds of loud static. When pushing the same files to an iPad, no problem. In both cases I am using MC18 and JRemote. When playing them on the computer, no problem. Hence, this is not a problem with the downloaded files but with the new firmware (the files also played fine prior to the "update").

I have tried unplugging the unit, etc. Any ideas?

First try playing the same tracks from a hard drive directly attached to the player's USB port. This will tell if the problem is in the handling of those tracks vs. the DLNA Renderer stuff. Once you have the answer, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support with the info on the tracks and what you discovered and they can check it out.

In the past, issues between DLNA servers and the OPPO players after an OPPO firmware update have been fixed simply by rebooting the DLNA server (so it can update it's info on how to talk to the OPPO). So that, too, would be worth a try.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #5324 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm25 View Post

Since last firmware upgrade my Oppo 105 started to freeze when trying to access USB WD Passport Hard Drive. Anyone experiencing thins problem. Any solutions. Thanks.

Start by taking the drive back to your computer and doing a disk check on it to make sure the drive has not become corrupted.

Next try turning off GraceNote in the 105. If that fixes the problem then the issue may be with your networking, or with the previously produced GraceNote data folder on the hard drive. (If the media data folder is present on the hard drive you can delete it using your computer -- the OPPO will re-create it.)
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #5325 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 08:11 PM

Liked: 12
Just updated the firmware to try to resolve the lip-synch issue and it caused the following issues that were not there before. Anyone else have this?

Setup:

1. Uverse DVR hooked via HDMI into the 105.
2. Analog outputs into the pre-amp
3. HDMI out into the TV (video only setting)

Issues:

1. When 5.1 Dolby sound comes in from an HD TV channel, a constant very high pitched noise is emitted from both left and right channels. Even when the DVR is paused. This is not the case when a 2 channel LPCM TV channel is playing. When using the optical input to analog out it does not have the high pitched noise coming out of the left and right channels. Definitely an HDMI conversion issue.

2. When switching from an HD channel with 5.1 Dolby sound and you switch to a channel with 2 channel LPCM a loud crackle/pop occurs over the Left and Right speaker

3. When pausing a TV channel with 5.1 Dolby audio, you can see (when clicking Info button) the audio change to 2 channel after a second or two. As soon as you press play again, 5.1 channel sound is playing again, but not before a loud crackle/pop is heard over Left and Right channels

4. Audio dropouts are happening more than before over the HDMI input to Analog outs

5. The lipsynch is not sensitive enough with 10ms gaps. It was horrendous before and certainly better now, but still not acceptable. In addition it seems to be inconsistent.

By the way, as a workaround, is there any way to have a DVR connected to the 105 via HDMI for video, have the HDMI video out go to the TV from the 105, have optical out from the DVR go into the Optical input and the analog out sound coming from the optical in? The 105's optical input to analog out does not have the high pitched noise coming out of the left and right channels. However, the video through the Oppo is better than directly from the DVR into the TV.

All these issue did not exist prior to the firmware upgrade !

Cheers.
post #5326 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

I was excited yesterday when the new FW was released. I downloaded it to my 105 and reset to Factory Defaults. And, yes...I did forget to adjust the volume of the player to something other than LOUD. I took the HDMI cable from the cable box, removed it from the TV and ran it to the 105. I tuned to YES to watch my beloved Yankees in HD AND listen to the game through my speakers. Well, let's just say, I went from 100ms to -100ms and the dreaded lip-sync issue is still there. I have just updated the cable boxes to new Samsung SMT-H3362 units. Am I the only one still with the lip-sync issues?

Hi Mongo171,

Nope, you are not the only one. Even though you can tune it a little better now, I still have synch issues as well. Perhaps if they allow 5ms it will resolve it? It also did not seem consistent for me.
post #5327 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RouslanB View Post

Which DAC?
Oppo replaced my $800 dollar DAC which I choose over many other DACs under 1000.

If money is not a consideration at all, you friends are 100% correct. You can get a better DAC and a better 3D player, but I couldn't find anything near the same price range.

Plus, count all the cables and preamp you have to put into your system if you have more than one anAlog source...

Hi namakudol ,

I second RouslanB's observation. When I bought the 105 I was also curious how it would fare against e.g. a Benchmark DAC and, although the 105 is decent it does not beat something like the Benchmark. You can also use the Oppo as a USB to SPDIF converter and go digital into a DAC that does not have a USB. You can get a tasty second hand non-USB DAC and tie it to the OPPO. A pretty decent outcome.as well.
post #5328 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM

To anyone thinking about upgrading the firmware please take this into consideration. I just read the release notes of the new firmware, and the following "fixes" have actually made things a lot worse on the AT&T Uverse DVR Motorola VIP2250. So much so that I can not use the HDMI input anymore!!

12. Added a feature that allows the adjustment of the audio delay time within the range of -100ms to +100ms. This can be set in "Setup Menu"->"Audio Processing" -> "A/V Sync", and the delayed time will be applied to all output terminals including HDMI 1 and 2, Coaxial, Optical, and 7.1 outputs (including the Stereo outputs of the BDP-105).

- A great idea but it still does not resolve the lip-synch issue. Perhaps a 5ms setting will do the trick?

13. Resolved the brief audio pop issue found on the 7.1 and Stereo audio outputs. This popping noise could happen when the player is processing content from a television cable box (through the HDMI inputs), and when channels are switched on the cable box. This issue has been resolved.

- This was not an issue before but is now! When switching from a 5.1 to a 2 channel audio TV channel a loud popping/cracking noise is heard through the Left and Right speakers
- In addition, a high pitched noise is now emitting from left and right channels on 5.1 HD TV channels. Even when you have paused playback you will get a headache in no time.

15. Improved compatibility with some cable TV boxes, especially from Motorola. Customers have reported that HDMI handshake failures (such as blank green screens, flickering images, and frequent audio drops) could happen when these TV boxes were connected to the HDMI IN port (Front and Back). This issue has been significantly improved in this firmware. (We are aware of an occasional frame drop and audio/video synchronization issue that may still happen when accepting 480i, 576i or 1080i signals from certain cable boxes, and are working to resolve it in a future firmware version.)

- Video dropouts were not there on the Motorola VIP2250, but audio drop outs were. However, audio drop outs now occur far more frequently than before!

Swing and a miss in my experience.......and it looks like I cannot revert back.
post #5329 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 PM

The new firmware update seems to have caused some issues for me also. I've only watched Netflix since the update and am now experiencing audio sync (audio is ahead of video) that was not there before and cannot be corrected with the 100ms delay. I seem to have many lockup issues that require a power down to get control back when using Netflix.
post #5330 of 11417 Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by massprince View Post

After i upgraded may3rd fimware on BDP 105, theres no sound from streaming programs such as Netflix and Vudu! Blu ray works well. Any suggestions?

I've gone to using a PC (Windows 7, I5, AMD HD7770 graphics) to run Netflix and other Internet-based sources. It is just simpler using a PC, and the PC also has a better interface plus a mouse, keyboard, etc. I've not had the sort of problems discussed here with Internet-sourced video. The 10-year old daughter of a friend often visits and has no trouble navigating Netflix accessed from a browser. The video and sound quality is excellent. It is also often handy to have a PC at hand at times in the media room.

I feed the PC in to a Marantz AV8801 pre/pro via HDMI and then to power amps. I tried connecting the PC to the BDP-105 but the 105's sound capabilities with multi-channel are ultimately just too limited. (Ability to generate extra channels, availability of auto equalization programs, etc.)

I connected a DirecTV receiver to the BDP-105 but the lip sync issue drove me away. The beta was better but not great, I haven't tried the latest official firmware since I really like the AV8801 in the middle of everything, again the BDP-105 really has too limited capabilities with multi-channel even if the lip sync issue is solved.

CD's played through the BDP-105, taken to the AV8801, with the output set on direct in the AV8801 and using the balanced outputs, sound heavenly. 2-channel music is the most important use of my system and OPPO gets that right. I don't know why but the AV8801 sounds better driving my amps than the BDP-105 did when directly connected. Both have similar output impedances, 100 to 200 Ohms I believe, and both have sufficient voltage output to drive my amps, so that really doesn't make sense to me.

Jeff
post #5331 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

First try playing the same tracks from a hard drive directly attached to the player's USB port. This will tell if the problem is in the handling of those tracks vs. the DLNA Renderer stuff. Once you have the answer, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support with the info on the tracks and what you discovered and they can check it out.

In the past, issues between DLNA servers and the OPPO players after an OPPO firmware update have been fixed simply by rebooting the DLNA server (so it can update it's info on how to talk to the OPPO). So that, too, would be worth a try.
--Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes, same problem when playing straight from the front USB port. Songs play. Songs end. After each song several seconds of loud static. Playing on the computer or pushed to the iPad, no problem at all. Also, these albums played fine through the 105 prior to the firmware update.

I also had earlier tried the reboot everything route to no avail.
post #5332 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM

Liked: 27
...making me afraid to upgrade...is anyone "loving" the new firmware? some features sound tempting, but my player has been doing great lately.

Stephen Powell
post #5333 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

With a Digital Media Controller you can push files to the player over DLNA. The apps I know about are listed in the FAQ: Is the player a Digital Media Renderer?

-Bill

Has Oppo's Digital Media Controller app been updated to work with the 103/105? When I saw it on Google Play, it says that it only works for 93/95.
post #5334 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post

I've gone to using a PC (Windows 7, I5, AMD HD7770 graphics) to run Netflix and other Internet-based sources. It is just simpler using a PC, and the PC also has a better interface plus a mouse, keyboard, etc. I've not had the sort of problems discussed here with Internet-sourced video. The 10-year old daughter of a friend often visits and has no trouble navigating Netflix accessed from a browser. The video and sound quality is excellent. It is also often handy to have a PC at hand at times in the media room.

I feed the PC in to a Marantz AV8801 pre/pro via HDMI and then to power amps. I tried connecting the PC to the BDP-105 but the 105's sound capabilities with multi-channel are ultimately just too limited. (Ability to generate extra channels, availability of auto equalization programs, etc.)

Jeff

Jeff, I also like navigating Netflix through a computer rather than the Oppo. I use Windows Media Center and find it much more robust. However, the audio you receive via a computer for Netflix is Dolby Pro Logic. When you access Netflix through the Oppo (or another set-top device), the audio from Netflix is Dolby Digital.

If you feed your computer's signal to the Oppo direct (via any of the digital inputs), you only get two channel output because the Oppo can't decode the old Dolby Pro Logic signal. But you can put it in DTS NEO 6 to get simulated surround. However, your Marantz is much more robust in having different modes available and it also handles Dolby Pro Logic. But overall, you'd get better audio from Dolby Digital if you use your Oppo to access Netflix.

You can alternatively feed the PC's output (HDMI, optical, etc.) directly into the Oppo, then output Oppo's digital output (HDMI, optical, etc.) to your AV8801. The Oppo will output any digital signal received back through it's analog and digital outputs. This gives you more flexibility to do A/B tests.

McIntosh MX-119 Pre/Pro
Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
post #5335 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Read the FAQ!

As already noted in the 103 Owner's Thread, OPPO UK has now posted the "Official" 0422 firmware release version for the European model players -- the BDP-103EU and the BDP-105EU:

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/customer-services/bdp-103-105eu/

--Bob

post #5336 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLitz View Post

Has Oppo's Digital Media Controller app been updated to work with the 103/105? When I saw it on Google Play, it says that it only works for 93/95.

It has not.

Although OPPO is working on updated apps that take advantage of the new features of the 103/105, they are not yet out. In the interim use the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) functionality of the 103/105 with a DLNA Server and a matching Digital Media Controller (DMC) app that works with that server.
--Bob

post #5337 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

--Bob

Thanks Bob. Yes, same problem when playing straight from the front USB port. Songs play. Songs end. After each song several seconds of loud static. Playing on the computer or pushed to the iPad, no problem at all. Also, these albums played fine through the 105 prior to the firmware update.

I also had earlier tried the reboot everything route to no avail.
Get the details of those tracks to OPPO Tech Support and they can check what's up. There have been previous instances of faulty coding of a few HDTracks releases. It may be that this is such a case and that the new firmware is more sensitive to the faulty coding than the old firmware. Or of course it could be a new bug in the new firmware. In either case, OPPO can sort it out for you.
--Bob
lanping09 likes this.

post #5338 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr@nz View Post

Just updated the firmware to try to resolve the lip-synch issue and it caused the following issues that were not there before. Anyone else have this?

Setup:

1. Uverse DVR hooked via HDMI into the 105.
2. Analog outputs into the pre-amp
3. HDMI out into the TV (video only setting)

Issues:

1. When 5.1 Dolby sound comes in from an HD TV channel, a constant very high pitched noise is emitted from both left and right channels. Even when the DVR is paused. This is not the case when a 2 channel LPCM TV channel is playing. When using the optical input to analog out it does not have the high pitched noise coming out of the left and right channels. Definitely an HDMI conversion issue.

2. When switching from an HD channel with 5.1 Dolby sound and you switch to a channel with 2 channel LPCM a loud crackle/pop occurs over the Left and Right speaker

3. When pausing a TV channel with 5.1 Dolby audio, you can see (when clicking Info button) the audio change to 2 channel after a second or two. As soon as you press play again, 5.1 channel sound is playing again, but not before a loud crackle/pop is heard over Left and Right channels

4. Audio dropouts are happening more than before over the HDMI input to Analog outs

5. The lipsynch is not sensitive enough with 10ms gaps. It was horrendous before and certainly better now, but still not acceptable. In addition it seems to be inconsistent.

By the way, as a workaround, is there any way to have a DVR connected to the 105 via HDMI for video, have the HDMI video out go to the TV from the 105, have optical out from the DVR go into the Optical input and the analog out sound coming from the optical in? The 105's optical input to analog out does not have the high pitched noise coming out of the left and right channels. However, the video through the Oppo is better than directly from the DVR into the TV.

All these issue did not exist prior to the firmware upgrade !

Cheers.

Only one Input can be active on the OPPO at a time. Thus there is no way to mix video from say the Rear HDMI Input with audio from the Optical Digital Input.

How are you judging A/V Sync to 5ms precision? It is a rare person who can spot anything under 25ms sync error. If you consider, at 60 frames a second, each frame time is 17ms. HDTV is actually 30 frames a second (1080i/60 -- 60 interlaced half frames each second making up 30 full frames). At 30 frames a second each frame time is 33ms. Thus a 5ms error in a 1080i HDTV channel would be about 1/7th of a frame time. Although the ear can hear simultaneity (or lack thereof) of two SOUNDS to high precision, the ability for the brain to detect simultaneity of vision and sound to that precision simply ain't there.

For your Uverse / Motorola DVR, check carefully through its settings to see if it has a Lip Sync function enabled. In particular, if you find an AUTO Lip Sync function, try turning that OFF.

For Comcast / Motorola boxes this is found by turning the DVR OFF with its remote, then press the Menu button on the remote which will bring up the special settings Menu on the supposedly OFF DVR. Check through the various settings -- the Auto Lip Sync may be on a page of "Additional Settings" or "Advanced Settings". I've no idea whether the same is true about your Uverse / Motorola box but it is worth a look -- or go to the forum here for set top boxes and see if you can find the answer there.

For the noise issue related to Bitstream output from that Uverse box, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support. They have history with the Uverse boxes and may have an answer for you.
--Bob

post #5339 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I downloaded the new firmware, did the factory reset, then reset for my application. I was unable to reach a satisfactory lib sync adjustment with DirecTV HD-DVR as the source; Blu-ray was right on. I finally gave up and went to bed. The next day when I fired up the system, lip synch was right on for both HD-DVR and Blu-ray. I recalled that the first time I installed the 105 I had a lip sync problem that was cured the next day. I assume the power cycle was the fix in both cases.

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
Ayre C-5xeMP & Oppo BDP-105
Parasound JC-2 preamp into Proceed HPA amps
KEF Reference 107/2 mains & 102 surrounds
Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers & a pair of HGS-15 subs
post #5340 of 11417 Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ It may also be that there was inherent, and varying, lip sync error in the DirecTV content you were watching last night. It happens.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page