Originally Posted by audionuts
What is going on with my Oppo 105. The player just stop in the middle of the play (Celtic Thunder- it's entertainment blu ray disc) and I can not do anything to it. I got no picture, no sound. I even unplug the power outlet and wait a little bit but gotno luck. My disc is stuck inside the player. Now all I got is the blue light on but my home screen on my tv is blank and still got no respone from the player. I can not even eject my disc. I will contact Oppo soon but just ask here to see if anyone got the same experience.
OK, this is not good. Your player likely needs service (it's acting like it has a power supply problem).
1) Disconnect EVERYTHING from the player -- even the Wifi stick or any USB sticks, and take the player and its power cord to another room that's fed with a different wall power circuit.
2) Wait half an hour with the player unplugged.
3) With the player still unplugged, PRESS AND HOLD the power button on its Front Panel for 10 seconds. This is to discharge any lingering power in the circuitry.
4) Plug in the player, wait for its Red power light to show near the Front Panel power button. Do not press that Power Button.
5) Instead, press the TRAY OPEN button on the Front Panel. This should both power up the player and immediately eject the Tray.
If the player powers up normally and the Tray opens, then remove the disc, power off, and try power cycling a few more times. If still no problem then take the player back to your normal setup and hook it up one step at a time -- starting with just the power cord. The problem might either be a voltage problem on the power feed there, or a short or other electrical issue on the various things you have connected to the player. Isolate which connection is causing the problem.
If the player does NOT power up normally when disconnected and moved, then email OPPO Tech Support to arrange warranty service (or call them tomorrow during work hours).