Okay gents, I set it to "quick start" mode but I think something is wrong with my killawatt EZ p3 unit. It shows 0.00 amp, 0.00 watt. killawatt ez p3 unit is running for 5 minutes so I will check back when it clocked in at 60 minutes of running time and check the kwh to see if we got any movement. Very strange because I checked my laptop and it clocked in at around 125 watt with a 24" lcd and a router and some other peripherals like usb hdd, kb, and mouse and a usb hub.
Update: I figured out why my killawatt unit did not report the correct watt. It appears that if you unplug the 105 then plug it back in, you would need to turn it on then turn it off for the quick start mode to operate. After all said and done, it reported 6 watts or 0.09 amp. That is equivalent to $5.36 a year out the window if I leave it on "quick start" mode. $5.36 is a very cheap price for convenient and to complete dump the original remote. All in all, now I can control the TV, bdp-105 and my laptop from my phone. My amp is auto on/off. I have no pre-amp. Centrally managed is what I love.