Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis999 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

David;

I have the DS1812+ NAS and being new to this box, I'm at a loss on how to effectively setup my music and movie directory file structure on the NAS. How are you set up on your NAS?

David

Hi David,
That's a big NAS. You must already possess or plan to rip a lot more movie files than I would ever find time to watch!

If you are asking me whether the use of a NAS makes a difference to the directory structure for your media files then my answer would be no. I originally stored my music files on the disks fitted to my desktop PC and this structure was simply copied to my NAS under the 'music' shared folder. I can provide the exact details of this music folder structure if you want but it can be summarised as being focused on filing by composer name for classical CDs devoted to a single composer or under the heading of 'Classical compilations' for multiple composer CDs. Non-classical CDs are filed under the artist or band name. If I had any non-classical compilation CDs featuring a range of different artists then I would create a top level folder for that category. Under these high level folders, everything is stored within dedicated album folders (multiple disk albums are stored under a single album folder).

My MKV rips of DVDs and Blu-rays are stored within dedicated folders for each movie. These folders are either stored under 'Movies' or 'Music videos' and those two high level folders sit within the 'video' shared folder. The common theme in my choice of file directory structure for both music and video is to retain a clear connection to the original shiny disk.

The serving of the media files from my NAS is done using Synology's own Media Server app for video and MinimServer for music. I think I just used the default settings for Media Server but MinimServer (which has many benefits for classical music) requires a bit more initial work to get the best out of it. I have a proper metadata tag process in place for all my music (with these tags stored in the FLAC files) but have not yet fully developed a tagging scheme for my video files. I only bought my NAS boxes a few weeks ago and most of my video collection has still to be ripped.

I won't say any more until it is clearer which part of the process you are struggling with. Overall, this can be a very confusing topic and this forum has proved invaluable for clearing the fog from my own head!

David

David:

Thanks for the detailed explanation of your NAS setup. My struggle(all my life actually) is that I'm a  visual learner:) ... I see a picture of something and then I understand it. That's why I failed dynamic mechanics classes in college where I was required to imagine weird 2D objects on flat surfaces and then draw their 3D projections in space:eek:. Let's just say I was courteously given a passing grade out of sympathy and was made to promise never to become a mechanical engineer. I heartily agreed:).

If you could show a pic of how you've arranged your directories by composer, album, movie name, actor or whatever on your computer, that would be of great help.

Thanks for your help David ..,

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

David:
Thanks for the detailed explanation of your NAS setup. My struggle(all my life actually) is that I'm a  visual learner:)  ... I see a picture of something and then I understand it. That's why I failed dynamic mechanics classes in college where I was required to imagine weird 2D objects on flat surfaces and then draw their 3D projections in space:eek: . Let's just say I was courteously given a passing grade out of sympathy and was made to promise never to become a mechanical engineer. I heartily agreed:) .

If you could show a pic of how you've arranged your directories by composer, album, movie name, actor or whatever on your computer, that would be of great help.

I am well aware that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are some screenshots that will hopefully make my chosen folder structure a little clearer.

David

NAS media folders #1.jpg 275k .jpg file

NAS media folders #2.jpg 168k .jpg file

NAS media folders #3.jpg 161k .jpg file

NAS media folders #4.jpg 141k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NAS media folders #4.jpg (141.1 KB, 36 views)
post #7473 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwillia33 View Post

The Harmony One remote may not qualify as "cheap", but it is easy to set up (once you understand the quirks of the process) and the Harmony database holds the key-codes for most TV/player/tuner/etc models in the real world.

I have a Harmony One and a BDP (93 not 105) and I could never get the Harmony to reproduce the "PAGE UP" and "PAGE DOWN" functions of the Oppo, for example when trying to page through a media list on a USB drive. Does this work on the One with the BDP-105?
post #7474 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 70
You have to program the commands manually with the original remote... For some reason, the Harmony code does not work....

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #7475 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
just upgraded my 95 to 105, any recommended settings ?
post #7476 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 06:05 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp34 View Post

just upgraded my 95 to 105, any recommended settings ?

The manual has recommended audio settings for a variety of configurations.

Otherwise: What are the recommended settings for the OPPO BDP-103?

(The -103 and -105 run the same firmware, so the recommendations are the same except for 105 specific features like XLR and Headphone output).

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #7477 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I've had my 105 only a few days now, and I need some help with my HDMI IN: I feed my Comcast/Motorola STB into HDMI-IN on the 105. I realized today that my STB box had dropped out of native mode and was feeding 1080i from all channels regardless of their resolution. After I reset the STB to native mode, when I change channels, depending on whether I go to a channel that has a different resolution than the current channel, I may get: a black screen, a screen with greenish vertical bars, or possibly a flash of screen noise--then black--then the channel properly upscaled. If I change back out of native mode, the problem disappears, but of course I don't get the Oppo upscaling. I've tried different HDMI cables, re-setting to factory defaults, etc, to no avail. When the screen goes black or has the vertical pattern, I can't even change the input on the Oppo: essentially it is dead, and I have to power it down and up for it to respond again.

Ideas?
post #7478 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 211
^ Don't use native mode for your STB. Your tv automatically upscales and/or de-interlaces to its native resolution (i.e. 1080p) internally, no matter what resolution you're inputting to it. You don't need the 105 to do any upscaling, unless you think the 105 can do a better job than your tv can at upscaling/de-interlacing.
post #7479 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

^ Don't use native mode for your STB. Your tv automatically upscales to its native resolution (i.e. 1080p) internally, no matter what resolution you're inputting to it.
I disagree. You do want to output native resolution since the scaling by the STB is likely worse than by the display or the Oppo.
post #7480 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Quote:

^ Don't use native mode for your STB. Your tv automatically upscales and/or de-interlaces to its native resolution (i.e. 1080p) internally, no matter what resolution you're inputting to it. You don't need the 105 to do any upscaling, unless you think the 105 can do a better job than your tv can at upscaling/de-interlacing.

Uh, no. If you don't use "native" output from the set top box, then it is the SET TOP BOX which is doing the de-interlacing and upscaling, which is precisely what you are trying to avoid.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #7481 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul54 View Post

I've had my 105 only a few days now, and I need some help with my HDMI IN: I feed my Comcast/Motorola STB into HDMI-IN on the 105. I realized today that my STB box had dropped out of native mode and was feeding 1080i from all channels regardless of their resolution. After I reset the STB to native mode, when I change channels, depending on whether I go to a channel that has a different resolution than the current channel, I may get: a black screen, a screen with greenish vertical bars, or possibly a flash of screen noise--then black--then the channel properly upscaled. If I change back out of native mode, the problem disappears, but of course I don't get the Oppo upscaling. I've tried different HDMI cables, re-setting to factory defaults, etc, to no avail. When the screen goes black or has the vertical pattern, I can't even change the input on the Oppo: essentially it is dead, and I have to power it down and up for it to respond again.

Ideas?

If you've not already done so, update to the 0808B Public Beta firmware. Download it from the OPPO Digital support page for install via a USB stick. On the first power up after doing the install you will be offered a Recommended Reset. Do that.

Then try again with your Comcast box. Unfortunately some of these set top boxes have really crappy HDMI implementations, but the new firmware should be more tolerant.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #7482 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

I disagree. You do want to output native resolution since the scaling by the STB is likely worse than by the display or the Oppo.
I disagree. I had my STB set to output native resolution for the past 4 months. i was getting tired of the channel switching delay that occurs by either the tv or the 105 when it had to upscale/de-intelace from a previous different channel resolution. When I fixed the STB to 1080i, I had no more channel switch delay. It was nice and snappy. I also didn't notice any loss of picture quality when doing so. Besides, the ota video is converted/compressed to an mpeg-encoded format by the cable companies anyway. It's really not a true native(pixel for pixel) copy of ota broadcasts.

Bob, my STB does not output 1080p....only 1080i or 720p at best. It's up to your tv to upscale and/or de-interlace to its native resolution(i.e. 1080p).
post #7483 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Dan, that's fine for 1080i channels, but for 720p and 480i channels you are at the mercy of the video processing in the Set Top Box. And for most of those, this is simply godawful.
--Bob

post #7484 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

^ Bob, I haven't noticed any difference in picture quality either way. I have a new Samsung plasma display also. Besides, the channel lag when sending native video to my tv or the 105 causes my Samsung tv to display an hdmi timeout window. It doesn't happen on every channel switch to a different resolution broadcast, but it happens enough to be quite a nuisance. You either have to hit "ok" on the tv's remote or wait 30 seconds for the timeout window to automatically go away. I realize this is a Samsung issue, but I might have lived with this anamoly if I even thought that the picture quality was dramatically better having the STB output native video, but I have not noticed a dramatic visual enhancement. Mpeg encoding is mpeg encoding no matter what way you slice it and dice it. lol
post #7485 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

If you've not already done so, update to the 0808B Public Beta firmware. Download it from the OPPO Digital support page for install via a USB stick. On the first power up after doing the install you will be offered a Recommended Reset. Do that.

Then try again with your Comcast box. Unfortunately some of these set top boxes have really crappy HDMI implementations, but the new firmware should be more tolerant.
--Bob

Thanks. I'll update the firmware tomorrow.
post #7486 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I'll update the firmware tomorrow.

Well, I didn't wait to update. Not much different, although there's fewer psychedelic effects when changing channels. The bottom line is in STB native mode as long as I switch between channels with like resolution, the Oppo does its upscaling thing just fine. If I change to a channel with different resolution, either 720p to 1080i or vice-versa, the screen goes gray, and audio out the dedicated stereo outs plays normally, but otherwise the Oppo is "locked up" and I have to power cycle for the picture to come back. In NON-native mode, with the STB outputting 1080p, all is fine. When going to an SD channel (480), which the STB does not upscale, all works fine, even switching back to an HD channel from the SD. The sad thing is I think the video is better when the Oppo is doing the work. I have another STB in another room I may switch as an experiment…I'd hate to think it's an issue with my particular 105 and not a generic STB HDMI issue…I really like the Oppo, but one reason I got it was to run my STB through it. It's new so maybe I'll exchange it.
post #7487 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 09:41 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Sure, give OPPO a call with the details on which model of Set Top Box is giving you the problems and they may have additional suggestions for you.
--Bob

post #7488 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, I didn't wait to update. Not much different, although there's fewer psychedelic effects when changing channels. The bottom line is in STB native mode as long as I switch between channels with like resolution, the Oppo does its upscaling thing just fine. If I change to a channel with different resolution, either 720p to 1080i or vice-versa, the screen goes gray, and audio out the dedicated stereo outs plays normally, but otherwise the Oppo is "locked up" and I have to power cycle for the picture to come back. In NON-native mode, with the STB outputting 1080p, all is fine. When going to an SD channel (480), which the STB does not upscale, all works fine, even switching back to an HD channel from the SD. The sad thing is I think the video is better when the Oppo is doing the work. I have another STB in another room I may switch as an experiment…I'd hate to think it's an issue with my particular 105 and not a generic STB HDMI issue…I really like the Oppo, but one reason I got it was to run my STB through it. It's new so maybe I'll exchange it.
Hey Paul, don't feel too crushed if you don't find a way to get your stb and 105 to communicate smoothly with each other. Choosing to hook your stb through your 105 can create other nuisances you may not be aware of yet. One is that you'll need to keep your 105 on 24/7 or face having to switch the 105's input selection (to hdmi-in) each time you want to watch tv. The 105 doesn't remember the last input selection after turning it off. You may also still see occasional audio/video sync issues. This problem was more frequent with earlier 105 firmware versions, but some 105 customers are still having syncing problems with their stb's communicating thru the 105. Also, you will still have a channel switching lag/delay everytime you change channels having different native resolutions. Oppo says this lag is normal to allow its processor to upscale/de-interlace.
post #7489 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:

Hey Paul, don't feel too crushed if you don't find a way to get your stb and 105 to communicate smoothly with each other. Choosing to hook your stb through your 105 can create other nuisances you may not be aware of yet. One is that you'll need to keep your 105 on 24/7 or face having to switch the 105's input selection (to hdmi-in) each time you want to watch tv. The 105 doesn't remember the last input selection after turning it off. You may also still see occasional audio/video sync issues. This problem was more frequent with earlier 105 firmware versions, but some 105 coustomers are still seeing syncing problems with their stb's communicating thru the 105. Also, you will still have a channel switching lag/delay everytime you change channels having different native resolutions. Oppo says this lag is normal to allow its processor to upscale/de-interlace.

Dan,

Yes, the charm of that signal path is wearing off, although I like the video processing available in the Oppo. I've already gotten used to the input default issue at turn-on. No matter what I'm going to run my TV audio through the 105 so I'd have to change that input (optical if not HDMI in) on turn-on anyway… The trade-off would be between letting my TV do the scaling (the STB in native mode gets along fine with the TV), vs. losing the processing ability in the Oppo. There's a channel change lag in the TV, but it's not too annoying. Knock on wood, I've not seen any audio/video sync issues, which was (ironically) my biggest concern going into this adventure.

Thanks

Paul
post #7490 of 12050 Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

^ You might notice audio/video sync issues if you decide to only feed audio (optical in) into the 105 from a tv broadcast and not its corresponding video. If you do, hopefully you'll be able to set the proper A/V sync setting in the 105 to resolve any out-of-sync conditions.
post #7491 of 12050 Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

David:
Thanks for the detailed explanation of your NAS setup. My struggle(all my life actually) is that I'm a  visual learner:)  ... I see a picture of something and then I understand it. That's why I failed dynamic mechanics classes in college where I was required to imagine weird 2D objects on flat surfaces and then draw their 3D projections in space:eek: . Let's just say I was courteously given a passing grade out of sympathy and was made to promise never to become a mechanical engineer. I heartily agreed:) .

I am well aware that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are some screenshots that will hopefully make my chosen folder structure a little clearer.

David

NAS media folders #1.jpg 275k .jpg file

NAS media folders #2.jpg 168k .jpg file

NAS media folders #3.jpg 161k .jpg file

NAS media folders #4.jpg 141k .jpg file

Awesome David .... Thank you very much:) !

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #7492 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Awesome David .... Thank you very much:)  !

Hi David,
Many kind people here have helped me to thrust through the thickets of ignorance and I am more than happy to return the favour when I can. If you need any more screenshots then just let me know.

As I said earlier, the main objective of my chosen file directory structure is to retain a clear connection to the original shiny disks. A coherent directory structure also facilitates browsing if you are using an SMB/CIFS connection to your media storage from the Oppo. Some people are happy to use SMB/CIFS but I much prefer a UPnP/DLNA connection, as it enables the exploitation of metadata tags. For my purposes, I find metadata-based browsing much more powerful than location-based browsing.

What approach are you planning to use for accessing your own media collection?

David
post #7493 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI

Asking to Canadian owner:

Any point in buying a bdp-105 with Ruko streaming stick in Canada?
post #7494 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 04:20 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 376

Any words on a Oppo BDP-105D?

post #7495 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 188
None. OPPO has not committed to a BDP-105D. They are still evaluating the demand.
post #7496 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 08:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Awesome David .... Thank you very much:)  !

Hi David,
Many kind people here have helped me to thrust through the thickets of ignorance and I am more than happy to return the favour when I can. If you need any more screenshots then just let me know.

As I said earlier, the main objective of my chosen file directory structure is to retain a clear connection to the original shiny disks. A coherent directory structure also facilitates browsing if you are using an SMB/CIFS connection to your media storage from the Oppo. Some people are happy to use SMB/CIFS but I much prefer a UPnP/DLNA connection, as it enables the exploitation of metadata tags. For my purposes, I find metadata-based browsing much more powerful than location-based browsing.

What approach are you planning to use for accessing your own media collection?

David

You are assuming I know the techno-babble you are referring to:) ... I plan to access it using KooKaRoo Media from my laptop. And when I feel lazy and don't feel like firing up my laptop, I will access the Oppo directly. So which techno word would you use to refer to my setup?

post #7497 of 12050 Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 122
^^
KooKaRoo is DLNA/uPnP - if you read their marketing lit.

The Oppo is a computer. It is specialized, so it only does specific things, but it IS a computer.

You can share files with a computer in a bunch of different ways. A couple of the most common ways to do so are:
1) Make the files you want to share LOOK like a local disk drive that is already attached to the computer. Access it as though the files are local, even though they are not. This is SMB/CIFS. In this case, files are presented as-organized on the disk that they actually exist on.
2) Present the files through a web server. In this case, the Web server can present the files any way it wants to. It knows WHERE the files are, and hence KNOWS the way that the disk(s) are organized - but does not necessarily (or usually) present this to the user this way. Instead, the server presents a "facade" - it presents the files organized, well, by however it wants to - independent of the ACTUAL directory/file structure. This is how DLNA/uPnP does it. Its facade is constructed by looking at the properties of the files (called tags, most common examples being "genre", "artist", "album", but also sometimes including "bit depth" <16 or 24> or "channels" [being 2 for stereo and 6 for common multichannel surround music.]

So, as stated earlier, the Oppo is just a computer. It can use ("play") files that come from servers over a network. HOW the Oppo accesses the files and HOW the files are presented to the Oppo determines the difference between SMB/CIFS and DLNA/uPnP. The Oppo can do both, and often the same media is available to the Oppo BOTH ways.

If you are accessing files using a Windows login (or a file sharing login on a Mac), then your are probably using SMB/CIFS. If you are accessing files via KooRaRu, Twonky Server, jRiver Media Center, Plex, MinimServer, DeadPuppiesArentMuchFunMediaServer, etc., then you are using DLNA.

And - yes - DLNA/UPnP is a TON more flexible in how it presents files for playback.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #7498 of 12050 Old 10-19-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:

--Bob

WIth some help from a kind soul on the DCX HD DVR (my Motorola/Xfinity STB) forum here, I've discovered that the issue is more with my TV (Vizio M601d). If it is disconnected (HDMI unplugged) WHILE the resolution change is negotiated by the STB and the Oppo, and then re-connected, the handshaking goes fine. The same is not true if I unplug the HDMI output of the STB. The TV being in the chain causes the problem. I'll call Oppo with this on Monday. I spoke with them today before I had this information, and they said they had seen the handshaking problem I was describing and they'd been working on it. (Apparently apart from the recent firmware update that resolved some handshaking problems.)
post #7499 of 12050 Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 AM

Liked: 32
Quote:

You are assuming I know the techno-babble you are referring to

My favourite post of the year. Thanks smile.gif
post #7500 of 12050 Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Quote:

--Bob

WIth some help from a kind soul on the DCX HD DVR (my Motorola/Xfinity STB) forum here, I've discovered that the issue is more with my TV (Vizio M601d). If it is disconnected (HDMI unplugged) WHILE the resolution change is negotiated by the STB and the Oppo, and then re-connected, the handshaking goes fine. The same is not true if I unplug the HDMI output of the STB. The TV being in the chain causes the problem. I'll call Oppo with this on Monday. I spoke with them today before I had this information, and they said they had seen the handshaking problem I was describing and they'd been working on it. (Apparently apart from the recent firmware update that resolved some handshaking problems.)

The way HDMI works, the Source device (the Comcast box in this case) controls the Handshake from end to end. For something like your TV, the Comcast box has to do that by communicating through the intervening devices (such as the OPPO in this case). This is called "repeater processing", and set top boxes have a long history of screwing it up.

There are a few things you can do to "simplify" the handshake and increase the odds that the Comcast can make it happen. First, do not use AUTO settings for audio or video output -- instead make explicit choices of things like Resolution, HDMI Color Space, and Audio as LPCM or Bitstream. Next, improve your HDMI cables. An HDMI retry due to a marginal cable may be just that one problem too many for the Comcast to deal with.

You don't need expensive HDMI cables, but you DO need to get HDMI cables that are tested for use as "High Speed" cables. They will be labeled as "High Speed" or "For 1080p" or "Category 2", all of which mean the same thing. Since HDMI is an end to end protocol, every cable in the HDMI chain should be suspect. Next, the ideal length for an HDMI cable between any two devices is 6 feet (2 meters). Most folks know that long cables may give problems, but don't realize that short cables can be equally annoying. (The new, Redmere technology cables have an active circuit in the plug at one end that makes whatever length they are work like an ideal length cable.)

Ideally you will have a single run of cable between any two devices. No daisy-chained cables, no adapters, wall plates, switches, or anything else. Again, the idea here is to minimize HDMI retries so that the Comcast doesn't get confused.

There may also be settings in your TV which will speed up its response to an HDMI handshake -- and thus minimize the chance for failures. Try turning off "enhancement" processing of any sort in the TV, and see if that makes a difference. If you can get the handshake working reliably, then you can start turning things back on that you really want to see how far you can go with that.

The OPPO 103/105/103D are dealing with all the same problems that Receiver makers have to deal with re HDMI. The problems are almost always caused by flaky HDMI implementations in Source devices (like the Comcast). To some degree, it is possible for the OPPO (or Receiver) to workaround the screw ups in the Source devices. The trick is to do that in a way that doesn't break things for other folks.
--Bob

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page