Release date: December 27, 2013
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-68-1225B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), , MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D)
1. Improved Gapless Playback performance and resolved several issues involving Gapless Player, such as the track title not getting refreshed in the Now Playing interface, and the player becoming unresponsive when trying to access a disc in the tray without stopping the currently ongoing Gapless Playback.
2. Improved HDMI handshake performance for the HDMI input ports.
3. Resolved the Wi-Fi connection failure with access points or routers using WEP security. This error was introduced by 67-1204 firmware and this version corrects it.
4. Resolved an audio truncation issue occurring with several DVD-Audio discs. Customers reported that the first note or two was cut off between track changes, and when the PREV button was used to restart the current track. Sample discs included "Queen: A Night At The Opera", "Buena Vista Social Club", "Beatles: Love" and "R.E.M.: New Adventures in Hi-Fi". This error was introduced by 67-1204 firmware and this version corrects it.
5. Resolved the playback failure with certain customer-encoded audio files in WAV, FLAC and AIFF formats. Symptoms included files being skipped, files being played with static noise, and files causing the player to freeze. The 67-1204 firmware adds more support to meta data tags in these files but encounters this problem if the meta data tags are in non-standard location. This version further improves the support for meta data tags and corrects the problem.
All features and improvements of the previous firmware are also included in this version.