post #8821 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post

I think you are right where I was with my Denon 3805, except the Denon does not have HDMI. If you have HDMI 2 connected to your AV8801 and you go to Setup to Audio format and select HDMI audio "auto" for 7.1 movies. If you want to use your Rotel for a stereo SACD then connect the stereo RCA outs to your Rotel. In Setup go to Audio Processing and keep dropping down until you get to "stereo signal." Select "stereo."  Now, I think you will have to go to "Speaker Configuration" and downmix to stereo when you want to listen to SACD or any stereo audio source just through the Rotel and power down the AV8801. If you watch a movie select 7.1 downmix and power down the Rotel. This should give you some things to try. For myself, I found that the Oppo DAC's were so much better than the Denon 3805 that I took the Denon out of the loop completely. I'm directly connecting the 105 analog outs to my Rotel for the side speakers, a bridged NAD for the center speaker and I'll run the stereo outs to a CJ MV45 tube amp for the Front R/L speakers (to do this you change the stereo out from "stereo" to Front L/R) plus a powered sub. I have a downmix to 5.1. 

Meffy wants to be able to use ALL of the outputs into the AVR. He can't do it without unplugging wires and reconfiguring.

Life without bass is not worth living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Meffy wants to be able to use ALL of the outputs into the AVR. He can't do it without unplugging wires and reconfiguring.

Unless i get myself an RCA switcher but i don't want to go through that route, not just yet. I'm trying to find the best affortable sollution first
post #8823 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post

Unless i get myself an RCA switcher but i don't want to go through that route, not just yet. I'm trying to find the best affortable sollution first

Plus, you can't play the XLR outputs with the RCA MCH Outputs unless you drop the gain on the XLR Outputs. XLR is 4V, while the RCA's are 2V.

post #8824 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 PM
NW.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post

I am trying to access Youtube from the Oppo 105 home screen but I am required to enter a code that comes up on the screen. When I go to my computer to enter the code, I keep getting my Google sign-in screen for Youtube instead of a screen that allows me to enter the code. Youtube.com/activate is what I am trying to get to. This all happened after I installed latest beta FW. Thanks.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Shouldn't you be entering that code on the Oppo?

I hesitated about replying since I haven't done this on the OPPO myself and I don't have the latest beta, but here goes anyway.

JazzGuyy, this authentication process sounds very much like what I've encountered with my Roku. The other day I added the ability to play the Amazon Cloud Player through my Roku. When I chose the Cloud Player the first time from within the Amazon Prime account I already had set up on the Roku, the Roku generated a code and displayed it on my TV. I had to enter this code on the appropriate Amazon set-up page. After a few seconds the Roku announced that the set-up was complete. So...the idea that one would enter a code on a Google/YouTube page during set-up doesn't surprise me.

mdanderson, when I click on that link it redirects to https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/device/usercode?enable_delegation&enable_delegation with
"A device is requesting permission to connect with your account.
Enter the code displayed by your device:" above an entry box, "After clicking continue, you'll have a chance to approve or deny the request." below the box, and a Continue button. However, I'm already logged in to my Gmail account and my email address is displayed on the top right of the screen. Are you logged in when you do this? If you're not, have you tried logging in? If you are logged in, have you tried logging out and then back in again? If you don't have a Google account of some sort have you tried setting one up and using it or are you trying to stay away from that?

(Edited to change "unpacks" to "redirects".)
post #8825 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meffy View Post

Beacuse i have a 9.1 setup and i like the Audessey XT32 as well tongue.gif and besides, this AV costed me alot to buy it you know, i don't want to sale it

In my attempt to help, I didn't realize the AV8801 was a preamp and you have multichannel Rotel amps. You still should experiment with connecting your 105 analog and stereo outs directly to your Rotels and compare the sound. If you care about audio you want to find the best your system can do. I found that the volume of the 105 was much lower and the sound way better than going through my AVR. Your AV8801 pricy and you may get pretty close to the 105's DACs. But you should compare both setups if you care about sound. Really good lifelike sound trumps any gimics.

post #8826 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Liked: 17
I have my comcast box (hdmi ) link to my 105 and I notice at times that their is a 3 sec audio delay between comerical at times,is their anyway I can fix this issue? Thanks..
post #8827 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Zaaaaayyyy View Post

I have my comcast box (hdmi ) link to my 105 and I notice at times that their is a 3 sec audio delay between comerical at times,is their anyway I can fix this issue? Thanks..

No. That is audio changes from 2.0 stereo to 5.1 DD, and vice versa.
Mike Zaaaaayyyy likes this.

post #8828 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post

I am trying to access Youtube from the Oppo 105 home screen but I am required to enter a code that comes up on the screen. When I go to my computer to enter the code, I keep getting my Google sign-in screen for Youtube instead of a screen that allows me to enter the code. Youtube.com/activate is what I am trying to get to. This all happened after I installed latest beta FW. Thanks.

Matt

YouTube is owned by Google. To get to the YouTube "activate" page you have to log into your Google account. NOTE: Once you activate the player in YouTube you can log back out of your Google account on the computer.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #8829 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

YouTube is owned by Google. To get to the YouTube "activate" page you have to log into your Google account. NOTE: Once you activate the player in YouTube you can log back out of your Google account on the computer.
--Bob

Thanks for the information Bob. I have logged into my Google account like you mentioned but once I am on my YouTube main page, I don't see where to go to get to the activate page. I will keep searching on the page because I know it has to be there somewhere. Thanks.

Matt
post #8830 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Once you are logged in, just go to the address shown in the YouTube app
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #8831 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW. View Post

I hesitated about replying since I haven't done this on the OPPO myself and I don't have the latest beta, but here goes anyway.

mdanderson, when I click on that link it redirects to https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/device/usercode?enable_delegation&enable_delegation with
"A device is requesting permission to connect with your account.
Enter the code displayed by your device:" above an entry box, "After clicking continue, you'll have a chance to approve or deny the request." below the box, and a Continue button. However, I'm already logged in to my Gmail account and my email address is displayed on the top right of the screen. Are you logged in when you do this? If you're not, have you tried logging in? If you are logged in, have you tried logging out and then back in again? If you don't have a Google account of some sort have you tried setting one up and using it or are you trying to stay away from that?

(Edited to change "unpacks" to "redirects".)

Thanks NW. That link worked for me. I appreciate it.

Matt
post #8832 of 11901 Old 01-20-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ Once you are logged in, just go to the address shown in the YouTube app
--Bob

Thanks Bob. I finally got it to work. Thanks again for the help.

Matt
post #8833 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 12:36 AM

Liked: 20
In Setup Menu ..HDMI options ...I have selected 36 bits for deep color ..is it correct??
I have 105 connect to AV8801
Thank you
post #8834 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ There's no easy answer to that. There's no content out there with more than 24-bit color, and so even if you have a display which accepts 36-bit and "does the right thing" with it, the differences SHOULD be subtle -- basically variations in low-order bit rounding. However, practically speaking, some displays do exhibit more noticeable differences -- more than could be ascribed to better rounding -- where the lower quality choice(s) should probably be thought of as bugs. Since we're talking bugs, there's no logic to it, and thus 24-bit might look better. Or worse.

Basically it's a matter of trying it and seeing if you can detect an improvement one way or the other in YOUR gear, the way you use it. If you CAN'T, then use 24-bit (Deep Color OFF) because it puts less bandwidth on the HDMI cable, meaning you are less likely to experience HDMI handshake issues.
--Bob

post #8835 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 AM

Liked: 20
Thank you for your answer
post #8836 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My pre-pro is dead and I'm thinking of replacing it with 105. Quick question about connection. Can I hook up my mains to the stereo analog output and the other 6 channels to the 7.1 analog outs? Or do I need to connect everything to 7.1.

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend HTM200
Pre/Pro: Onkyo PR-SC5508,Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: D-sonic Magnum 7-3500
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch
post #8837 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post

My pre-pro is dead and I'm thinking of replacing it with 105. Quick question about connection. Can I hook up my mains to the stereo analog output and the other 6 channels to the 7.1 analog outs? Or do I need to connect everything to 7.1.

I experimented with that setup and didn't notice any difference. YMMV.

post #8838 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post

Either way. There's a setting in the 105 (Stereo Signal) which configures the Dedicated Stereo Analog outputs to be used either independently (i.e, to a separate, Stereo-only path) or to be used in lieu of the normal Left Front / Right Front outputs of the multi-channel Analog set to take advantage of them as part of the multi-channel hookup.
--Bob

post #8839 of 11901 Old 01-21-2014, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thx Bob and Mongo for the quick reply.

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend HTM200
Pre/Pro: Onkyo PR-SC5508,Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: D-sonic Magnum 7-3500
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch
post #8840 of 11901 Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
No MKV subtitles after firmware upgrade!

I have just upgraded my BDP-105EU to the latest official European firmware (10xEU-67-1204, dated 6 Dec 2013) and now all the subtitles on my MKV files have disappeared (this applies to rips of both BDs with added VOB subtitles and standard DVDs). They are being played via DLNA and these subtitles used to work fine.

Has anyone else hit this problem? Could I perhaps have done something stupid?

David
post #8841 of 11901 Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis999 View Post

No MKV subtitles after firmware upgrade!

I have just upgraded my BDP-105EU to the latest official European firmware (10xEU-67-1204, dated 6 Dec 2013) and now all the subtitles on my MKV files have disappeared (this applies to rips of both BDs with added VOB subtitles and standard DVDs). They are being played via DLNA and these subtitles used to work fine.

Has anyone else hit this problem? Could I perhaps have done something stupid?

David

I'll check DLNA later today. I recall a problem with MKV subtitles...

They work over SMB and on local storage.

-Bill
post #8842 of 11901 Old 01-22-2014, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi Bill,
I've just realised that I was indeed being stupid. I had forgotten that the subtitles don't work if I 'push' the MKVs to the Oppo via the network. As you say, I have to use SMB and 'pull' them from the server.

Another senior moment...

My only excuse is that it has been several weeks since I last tried playing MKV files on the Oppo.

David
lanping09 likes this.
post #8843 of 11901 Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello,
I have read in the thread that sacd-r playback is no longer supported since the update of the firmware in March 2013.
I wouldn't like to bother ectracting sacds and I know there is no way to revert to the older version of the firmware.

Or maybe someone has worked out how to do it???

I have been considering to buy a second hand 105eu.

The only solution is to look for an item with the frirmware before the critical one and NEVER upgrade the soft BUT enjoy one's own collection of sacd-r copies.

Am I right?
post #8844 of 11901 Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazir007 View Post

Hello,
I have read in the thread that sacd-r playback is no longer supported since the update of the firmware in March 2013.
I wouldn't like to bother ectracting sacds and I know there is no way to revert to the older version of the firmware.

Or maybe someone has worked out how to do it???

I have been considering to buy a second hand 105eu.

The only solution is to look for an item with the frirmware before the critical one and NEVER upgrade the soft BUT enjoy one's own collection of sacd-r copies.

Am I right?

There is no way to restore SACD-R support. The best solution would be to convert them to a portable media file format.

-Bill
post #8845 of 11901 Old 01-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhale64L7 View Post

Yeah believe it or not I am using the xlr's because when I had the Krell Foundation in there I was running it fully balanced from input to output since they were both fully balanced designed. And I couldn't find my other rca cables after the switch. So left them on there.

Also my amp does have the switch from rca to xlr inputs. So why am I still having to attenuate? Folks does the Halo automatically attenuate with that switch?

I don't know if you received an answer to this question, anyway:

My understanding is that the level control, there is one for each channel on the back of the A23, affects both the RCA input and the XLR input. The level control has two sections, one section attenuates the RCA and one leg of the XLR input and the other section attenuates the second leg of the XLR. Each section feeds a separate FET input section. According to the A23 manual turning the level control all the way clockwise effectively takes the level control out of the circuit.

It would be helpful if the level control had a calibrated -6 dB setting but unfortunately it doesn't. From the specs. it appears that a 1 volt input to either the RCA or XLR inputs generates a 28.28 volt output which means an output of 100 watts into 8 ohms.
post #8846 of 11901 Old 01-24-2014, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone tried the jailbreak firmware which enables the support of sacd-r and iso?
There are positivie comments on the seller.
It is available on ebay.
post #8847 of 11901 Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Liked: 16
Hello everyone, my BDP-105 is connected directly via XLR to my XPA-2. The sound is very good! However, when watching a movie I would like to use my PB-1000 subwoofer in a 2.1 configuration and still use the XLR output. What is the best configuration / settings on the player to do so ? Because the sound is very thin coming from the subwoofer. I doesn't shake anything as it was with the 3313. mad.gif I have changed the FL and FR speakers to SMALL and SW to YES and adjusted to +5. The knob on the subwoofer is at 3 o'clock... So it's supposed to run very hot in this configuration, but the bass is less than desired.

Anyone have an idea ? smile.gif

Fred

o Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2

o Denon AVR-3313CI

o Oppo BDP-105

o Klipsch RF-7

o Klipsch RC-62II

o Klipsch RB-61

o SVS PB-1000

o SVS PB-2000

o Samsung 40" LCD

o Fat, big, old PS3

o 13 Inch MacBook Air w/ Audirvana

My blu-ray collection My weather website

post #8848 of 11901 Old 01-24-2014, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFred View Post

Hello everyone, my BDP-105 is connected directly via XLR to my XPA-2. The sound is very good! However, when watching a movie I would like to use my PB-1000 subwoofer in a 2.1 configuration and still use the XLR output. What is the best configuration / settings on the player to do so ? Because the sound is very thin coming from the subwoofer. I doesn't shake anything as it was with the 3313. mad.gif I have changed the FL and FR speakers to SMALL and SW to YES and adjusted to +5. The knob on the subwoofer is at 3 o'clock... So it's supposed to run very hot in this configuration, but the bass is less than desired.

Anyone have an idea ? smile.gif

Fred

What's your crossover set to?

Did you do the sound test to make sure the volume was balanced for all outputs?

I've got a similar setup to you, except I'm using the dedicated RCA outs, and subwoofer run off the 7.1 sub-out.

Speakers set to small, crossover around 120HZ for that pop my sub gets that high. If it's crossed over too low, it won't be that noticeable unless there is a lot of information that low. .
post #8849 of 11901 Old 01-24-2014, 09:55 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post

I've got a similar setup to you, except I'm using the dedicated RCA outs, and subwoofer run off the 7.1 sub-out.

Speakers set to small, crossover around 120HZ for that pop my sub gets that high. If it's crossed over too low, it won't be that noticeable unless there is a lot of information that low. .
What are you using for your front left/right speakers? 120Hz is a pretty high crossover setting.
post #8850 of 11901 Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post

It is set to 80 hrz

The sound test is greyed out in the menu and I never used it!

o Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2

o Denon AVR-3313CI

o Oppo BDP-105

o Klipsch RF-7

o Klipsch RC-62II

o Klipsch RB-61

o SVS PB-1000

o SVS PB-2000

o Samsung 40" LCD

o Fat, big, old PS3

o 13 Inch MacBook Air w/ Audirvana

My blu-ray collection My weather website