Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 306 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #9151 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thankyou Smarty pants. That is some comfort knowing that oppo could do all that. Will figure it out how to put it all together once i got the equipment. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee2008 View Post

Thankyou for those answering my post.

I still dont think Im asking the right questions (English as my 2nd language) and the answers does not seems to be what I want.
Let me ask again

1. My primary is stereo listening via a 2 channel analogue output of the oppo 105 when listening to a typical CD. and like this setup untouch and wouldn't want any down mixed stuff.

2. I would like to connect my active sub via oppo 105 on top of the above.

3. Now I just like to be able to put in a Blu ray movie disc with DTS or dolby and have surround sound.
(assuming Im going to buy a 3 channel power amp and 3 speakers for rear L/R and centre)

Is it workable?

Or do I need to compromise my Stereo setup and connect my stereo speakers to the surround sound FL/FR to get a full 5.1 surround sound?

Im basically avoiding getting a preamp and HT receiver if Oppo can do the above. Because i always been using 1 single source that is my cdp and i was inform that oppo 105 can be used as a preamp.

Hope this will clear up what I want to accomplish. Thankyou
My reply to you above will make much more sense to you once you get the 105 and start going thru its menus. Trust me. You "have" to set the 105's Stereo Signal setting to "Down-mixed" stereo or "Front L/R". You don't have any other choices. And since you want to use the 105's XLR analog outputs to play back stereo and multi-channel audio from your active speakers, you will "have" to set the Stereo signal to "Front L/R". You have no other choice. The 105 can be used as a preamp.....many owners are using it as their only preamp in their system....I'm one of them. Since you want both a stereo and a multi-channel configuration, you will be using/modifying the speaker configuration settings menu on the 105. In addition, you will probably be using the 105's crossover/bass management for your sub. All this will make sense once you have the 105. I'm sure we'll be seeing you back here on this forum once you are setting up your equipment and configuring your 105. Good luck!
post #9153 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 08:15 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

Quote:

Thankyou for those answering my post.

I still dont think Im asking the right questions (English as my 2nd language) and the answers does not seems to be what I want.
Let me ask again

1. My primary is stereo listening via a 2 channel analogue output of the oppo 105 when listening to a typical CD. and like this setup untouch and wouldn't want any down mixed stuff.

2. I would like to connect my active sub via oppo 105 on top of the above.

3. Now I just like to be able to put in a Blu ray movie disc with DTS or dolby and have surround sound.
(assuming Im going to buy a 3 channel power amp and 3 speakers for rear L/R and centre)

Is it workable?

Or do I need to compromise my Stereo setup and connect my stereo speakers to the surround sound FL/FR to get a full 5.1 surround sound?

Im basically avoiding getting a preamp and HT receiver if Oppo can do the above. Because i always been using 1 single source that is my cdp and i was inform that oppo 105 can be used as a preamp.

Hope this will clear up what I want to accomplish. Thankyou
My reply to you above will make much more sense to you once you get the 105 and start going thru its menus. Trust me. You "have" to set the 105's Stereo Signal setting to "Down-mixed" stereo or "Front L/R". You don't have any other choices. And since you want to use the 105's XLR analog outputs to play back stereo and multi-channel audio from your active speakers, you will "have" to set the Stereo signal to "Front L/R". You have no other choice. The 105 can be used as a preamp.....many owners are using it as their only preamp in their system....I'm one of them. Since you want both a stereo and a multi-channel configuration, you will be using/modifying the speaker configuration settings menu on the 105. In addition, you will probably be using the 105's crossover/bass management for your sub. All this will make sense once you have the 105. I'm sure we'll be seeing you back here on this forum once you are setting up your equipment and configuring your 105. Good luck!

I think this answer can be expanded to offer you a better explanation for using  a 2.1 setup

1-hook your main speakers to dedicated stereo outputs (either XLR or RCA)

2-hook sub to sub output

3-in settings/speaker configuration select stereo downmix, f/lfr speakers small and sub woofer on

4-in settings/crossover select your crossover point

5-in settings/stereo signal select stereo if you want the fl/fr speakers to receive the full range of sound and nothing to go to the subwoofer when playing a stereo source or alternatively in settings/stereo signal select fl/fr if you want the fl/fr speakers to receive only the sound above the crossover point and use the sub below.

post #9154 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriznatch View Post

Thanks.  I guess this is an issue for Oppo technical support then.  I really love the way the Oppo sounds when it actually decides to play music.  More often than not, I can't make it do so without hours of trying to figure out how to set it up, what settings to use, why it will work with one drive and not the other, why it will stream certain file types but not others … the list goes on and on.  One headache after another.  I just want to listen to music without the constant hassle.  It's very frustrating.

I have the same problem since Nov/13, and reported this to OPPO who has not been able to fix until now.
I would encourage you to report this problem to OPPO so that they might assign higher priority to address this issue.
post #9155 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 11:13 AM

Liked: 17
I'm sure this question has been answered in this thread, but it would take days to read through it (I have a bit of AADD) and these forums are a bit overwhelming for the newbies. I'm buying a 105D and a 80.3. I know many people here have ditched their pre/pros in favor of the 105 by itself. My plan is :

use Audyssey for room correction
use a phonograph
use HDMI for movie audio
dual sub control

Oppo 105D :

use DACs for 2 channel audio
use DACs for 7.1 channel music
use HDMI out to projector
HDMI in from cable box
upscale video
use HDMI out to 80.3 for movie audio
stream audio from NAS

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I use the 105's DACs, go through my 80.3 direct (pass thru), that would also bypass my Audyssey settings? Perhaps this is a question for the 80.3 forum but thought I'd ask it here first.

Has anyone heard if Oppo intends to add room correction to their units in the future? Perhaps with the first round of 4K players?
post #9156 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteak View Post

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but if I use the 105's DACs, go through my 80.3 direct (pass thru), that would also bypass my Audyssey settings? Perhaps this is a question for the 80.3 forum but thought I'd ask it here first.

Audyssey is bypassed unless the 80.3 digitizes the input which I doubt it does on the 7.1 analog inputs.
It very likely does digitize the XLR and other analog inputs.
You will get an extra A/D conversion so it should not sound better. But, there are those who still prefer XLR inputs.
All options are open to you.
Quote:
Has anyone heard if Oppo intends to add room correction to their units in the future? Perhaps with the first round of 4K players?

Not much is known about future units.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #9157 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsteak View Post

That depends on the specific pre-pro or AVR. The only way to use Audyssey in this case would be to digitize the analog inputs, apply whatever processing you want in the pre-pro or AVR (including Audyssey) and then finally use the pre-pro / AVR DACs to convert back to analog. Those extra conversions pretty much defeat the whole point of using the 105's DACs. Many pre-pros and AVRs can convert stereo analog signals to digital for processing, but only a few can convert multichannel analog inputs to digital (the Denon AVP-A1HDCI is 1 that can), so odds are that your pre-pro can't convert the multichannel analog inputs back to digital.
Quote:
People have requested it in the speculation threads, but only Oppo knows what they'll do in the future.
post #9158 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Every time I start up the 105 I get the message that new firmware is available, but I have been unable to download it or stream anything as I could when the connection was ethernet. When I try to download, I get the message that it is unable to connect to the browser and provides a number to enter in the browser control panel. I think therein may be the rub. Time Capsule on the iMac acts as the Wi-Fi host for the four computers in the house. But when the BDP-95 in the living room notified me new firmware was available, it downloaded it as soon as I selected OK, and it's on the same Wi-Fi network. I haven't found any place to enter the number provided by Oppo, and the 95 didn't require such a number. If the 105 isn't connected to the internet, how could it know new firmware is available?

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
Ayre C-5xeMP & Oppo BDP-105
Parasound JC-2 preamp into Proceed HPA amps
KEF Reference 107/2 mains & 102 surrounds
Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers & a pair of HGS-15 subs
post #9159 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
This sounds like a message generated by your television or your receiver. The player doesn't use any kind of browser interface or requires any kind of password. It either finds the download and installs it, finds the download and tells you that you have the latest version already, or fails to connect to the server.

Try using the television or receiver remote and see if this screen can be interacted with them.
post #9160 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring1 View Post

I think this answer can be expanded to offer you a better explanation for using  a 2.1 setup

1-hook your main speakers to dedicated stereo outputs (either XLR or RCA)
2-hook sub to sub output
3-in settings/speaker configuration select stereo downmix, f/lfr speakers small and sub woofer on
4-in settings/crossover select your crossover point
5-in settings/stereo signal select stereo if you want the fl/fr speakers to receive the full range of sound and nothing to go to the subwoofer when playing a stereo source or alternatively in settings/stereo signal select fl/fr if you want the fl/fr speakers to receive only the sound above the crossover point and use the sub below.
Hi. My understanding is this, 105 provide two sacre dac chips. 1 for dedicated stereo and the other for 5.1/7.1. If play cd stereo, oppo will use the 2 channel dac chip, and if any additional channels add in including the sub will be processed via the 2nd 7.1 chip. So if im going to hook up as 2.1 then all the audio signals will go thru the 2nd multi channel chip. If this is the case then its a compromise.
post #9161 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
NW.

Liked: 11
Quote:

Hi. My understanding is this, 105 provide two sacre dac chips. 1 for dedicated stereo and the other for 5.1/7.1. If play cd stereo, oppo will use the 2 channel dac chip, and if any additional channels add in including the sub will be processed via the 2nd 7.1 chip. So if im going to hook up as 2.1 then all the audio signals will go thru the 2nd multi channel chip. If this is the case then its a compromise.

It's my understanding that if the stereo RCA/XLR outputs are used then the stereo (what you call the "2 channel dac chip") DAC is being used. In other words, the output connection determines which chip is being used and not whether the user is playing stereo or multichannel.
post #9162 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:

All of the outputs are live.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #9163 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 03:22 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW. View Post

It's my understanding that if the stereo RCA/XLR outputs are used then the stereo (what you call the "2 channel dac chip") DAC is being used. In other words, the output connection determines which chip is being used and not whether the user is playing stereo or multichannel.
Correct. The more important difference, as the DAC itself is the same either way, is that the entire analog board implementation for the dedicated 2 channel outputs (XLR and RCA) is better than the analog board for the multichannel outputs.

If one is not connecting the 105 to both a stereo input and a multichannel input, then it makes sense to configure the dedicated 2 channel outputs as front left/right and use those instead of the front left/right outputs on the multichannel outputs. For the surrounds and sub, the other multichannel outputs would still be used.
post #9164 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 04:31 PM

Hi. So if stereo channels connected to the stereo analogue output and the surround sound channels are connected to the multi channel outputs, while the multi-channels FL/FR are NOT connected.
So in this configuration, when playing DTS/Dolby blu ray disc, does 5.1 surround sound still works while having the front stereo channel connected to the stereo xlr/rca output.
post #9165 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi. So if stereo channels connected to the stereo analogue output and the surround sound channels are connected to the multi channel outputs, while the multi-channels FL/FR are NOT connected.
So in this configuration, does the Front stereo channel works when playing DTS/Dolby blu ray disc.

Yes. If you set the stereo signal to stereo, the fl/fr speakers will play all the sound. If you set the stereo signal to fl/fr, only the fl/fr sound will play through the fl/fr speakers.

post #9166 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

So in this configuration, when playing DTS/Dolby blu ray disc, does 5.1 surround sound still works while having the front stereo channel connected to the stereo xlr/rca output.
Yes, all of the analog outputs are always active. The configuration setting just lets you decide if the dedicated 2 channel outputs get a 2 channel downmix (which you would use if you did not have surround speakers) or just the front left/right material.
post #9167 of 11418 Old 02-11-2014, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
My 105 seems extremely sensitive to even tiny, hairline scratches on Blu-ray discs--it hangs up and won't play. Is this normal with such discs? Is the 105 notoriously sensitive? Could it have a technical issue? Thanks.

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
post #9168 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 12:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 129
never had any problem playing discs on the 103 or the 105, although having a scratched one on hand is rare.
I don't recall seeing many other people complain about slightly scratched discs not playing.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #9169 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

This sounds like a message generated by your television or your receiver. The player doesn't use any kind of browser interface or requires any kind of password. It either finds the download and installs it, finds the download and tells you that you have the latest version already, or fails to connect to the server.

Try using the television or receiver remote and see if this screen can be interacted with them.

The message I get is probably failed to connect to the server. There is no TV or receiver, just a DirecTV HD-DVR that inputs to the rear HDMI of the Oppo and an analog stereo preamp. The BDP-105 sends video from HDMI-1 to a front projector, and from HDMI-2 to a monitor. When I go to WiiFi setup in the network menu, it asks if I want to use the previous successful connection (that doesn't work) or set up a new connection. That's where I get the code to enter in the server control panel. The DirecTV HD-DVR frequently updates its firmware automatically without notice nor intervention. Occasionally the BDP-105 network information shows connected, but usually not. And I repeat, the BDP-95 downloaded the latest firmware over the same WiFi network. I think what I need is help in locating the control panel where I enter the code. I suppose the dongle could be defective.

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
post #9170 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 04:02 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post

The message I get is probably failed to connect to the server. There is no TV or receiver, just a DirecTV HD-DVR that inputs to the rear HDMI of the Oppo and an analog stereo preamp. The BDP-105 sends video from HDMI-1 to a front projector, and from HDMI-2 to a monitor.
In your system the projector or monitor would be the "TV" ie: "TV" is just being used as the generic name for the display device where you see the video output.
Quote:
When I go to WiiFi setup in the network menu, it asks if I want to use the previous successful connection (that doesn't work) or set up a new connection. That's where I get the code to enter in the server control panel. The DirecTV HD-DVR frequently updates its firmware automatically without notice nor intervention. Occasionally the BDP-105 network information shows connected, but usually not. And I repeat, the BDP-95 downloaded the latest firmware over the same WiFi network. I think what I need is help in locating the control panel where I enter the code. I suppose the dongle could be defective.
Do you have the ability to take and post a few pictures of the messages you're talking about? As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words...
post #9171 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:

The message I get is probably failed to connect to the server. There is no TV or receiver, just a DirecTV HD-DVR that inputs to the rear HDMI of the Oppo and an analog stereo preamp. The BDP-105 sends video from HDMI-1 to a front projector, and from HDMI-2 to a monitor. When I go to WiiFi setup in the network menu, it asks if I want to use the previous successful connection (that doesn't work) or set up a new connection. That's where I get the code to enter in the server control panel. The DirecTV HD-DVR frequently updates its firmware automatically without notice nor intervention. Occasionally the BDP-105 network information shows connected, but usually not. And I repeat, the BDP-95 downloaded the latest firmware over the same WiFi network. I think what I need is help in locating the control panel where I enter the code. I suppose the dongle could be defective.

db
The code it wants you to enter is probably your encryption key, which is stored in your router. Back in December, there was a user who was told by Oppo that the latest 105 firmware no longer supported WEP encryption, and that WPA2 encryption would solve connection problems. So, if that is your issue, you'll have to go to your router and see what wifi encryption method you're using, and if it's WEP, you'll have to use WPA2, and create a new encryption key. Remember, if you change your wifi encryption method, all your wifi devices that connect to your router via wifi will have to implement this new method,
post #9172 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

never had any problem playing discs on the 103 or the 105, although having a scratched one on hand is rare.
I don't recall seeing many other people complain about slightly scratched discs not playing.
I just received my 105 and have been running a sacd (no scratches) on all repeat to put some hours on it. All was fine until a couple of days ago. Now it has been hanging up regularly and I have to power down to get it to play. I am running the latest firmware version.
post #9173 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbob View Post

I just received my 105 and have been running a sacd (no scratches) on all repeat to put some hours on it. All was fine until a couple of days ago. Now it has been hanging up regularly and I have to power down to get it to play. I am running the latest firmware version.

Mine does seem worse after the latest firmware upgrade. Sounds as if I should contact Oppo. What's weird is that the same movie from Netlix (The Reluctant Fundamentalist) has been defective twice in a row--the original and the replacement!

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
post #9174 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:

db

The "server" the 105 is trying to connect to is OPPO's. Definitely don't use WEP encryption. Use WPA2. Use the USB dongle extender to get it away from any RFI around your stereo rack components.

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #9175 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

In your system the projector or monitor would be the "TV" ie: "TV" is just being used as the generic name for the display device where you see the video output..

My point was that neither the projector, monitor, nor analog preamp would be sending information to the Oppo 105. The network security for the Oppo BDP-105 in the list of preferred networks is WPA/WPA2 Personal. But this morning when I tried to connect to the internet using the previously successful path, it worked. I tried the firmware download and it appeared to be going to work. The green progress line got about a 10th of the way, then the cannot connect to the server message reappeared. Tonight, I'm going to try again without he DirecTV HD-DVR being on. It's on the shelf just below the Oppo and I suppose could generate RFI interference.

db

post #9176 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 05:05 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

My point was that neither the projector, monitor, nor analog preamp would be sending information to the Oppo 105. The network security for the Oppo BDP-105 in the list of preferred networks is WPA/WPA2 Personal. But this morning when I tried to connect to the internet using the previously successful path, it worked. I tried the firmware download and it appeared to be going to work. The green progress line got about a 10th of the way, then the cannot connect to the server message reappeared. Tonight, I'm going to try again without he DirecTV HD-DVR being on. It's on the shelf just below the Oppo and I suppose could generate RFI interference.
Do you have the wireless network dongle plugged directly into one of the USB ports on the Oppo or are you using the included extension cable? If direct, I'd suggest using the extension cable so you can move the wireless dongle away from any interference. Something else worth trying is to temporarily hook a long network cable up directly to your router or switch and switch to the wired connection for the firmware update. If all else fails, you can download the update to a USB stick and upgrade the firmware with that without a need for connecting to the network.
post #9177 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Release date: February 12, 2014.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-69-0124B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1300 (BDP-103), 7B1300 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)
Release Notes:

1. Resolved an audio dropout issue occurring with "Monsters University (BD, 2013)", related to its Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and 7.1 audio tracks when the player's HDMI Audio Format was set to Bitstream. We worked with Dolby and our decoder chip maker to address this type of audio dropouts.

2. Resolved an issue with Gapless Playback with several customer-encoded WAV files. It was caused by an additional “List” information segment presented in the WAV file Header, and we have added support for this segment so that Gapless Playback now functions properly with these files.

3. Resolved an issue where a brief static noise could be heard when streaming music from a computer running Mac OS X to the BDP-105's USB DAC input. It could happen when the music stream was paused for a few seconds and then resumed, and it could be heard through the analog audio outputs, including the 7.1, Stereo, and Headphone outputs. We improved the audio muting logic and have eliminated this static noise.

4. Resolved an issue where a brief static noise could be heard when playing SACD discs in DSD mode on the BDP-105. This burst of noise was audible at the beginning of a track or when switching to the next track. It could be heard through the analog audio outputs, including the 7.1 and Stereo ports. We improved the audio muting logic and have eliminated this static noise.

5. Resolved a compatibility issue between BDP-103/105's HDMI 1 Output to the McIntosh MX150/151 AV Processors. Users reported no audio when using this combination, so we added special instructions for these A/V processors in the HDMI handshake process. We highly recommend that you contact McIntosh Technical Support to upgrade your MX150/151 firmware to the latest version.

6. Added Gapless Playback support for FLAC files.

7. Added 24 Hz support for customer-encoded video files in 480P24 and 720P24 formats. The original frame rate can be preserved when upscaling the content to 1080p, e.g., when Resolution is set to 1080P, the 720P23.976 content is output as 1080P23.976, and 720P24 is output as 1080P24. Previously, these formats were frame-rate converted to 60 Hz.

8. Added an "INSTANT REPLAY" function to video playback. If the customer presses the AB REPLAY button twice (two presses within 1 second), video playback will be automatically rewound 10 seconds.

9. Added support for playing CUE files and DSD64 files (.DFF and .DSF) over DLNA. The DLNA server must support these formats as well. A new version of oShare DLNA server that provides these functions is available now, and can be downloaded here from SourceForge.net.
BillJulyan and Smarty-pants like this.
post #9178 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
YES!!
post #9179 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post

The code it wants you to enter is probably your encryption key, which is stored in your router. Back in December, there was a user who was told by Oppo that the latest 105 firmware no longer supported WEP encryption, and that WPA2 encryption would solve connection problems. So, if that is your issue, you'll have to go to your router and see what wifi encryption method you're using, and if it's WEP, you'll have to use WPA2, and create a new encryption key. Remember, if you change your wifi encryption method, all your wifi devices that connect to your router via wifi will have to implement this new method,

Dan,

I think you're correct, but I need to find where in the router to enter the key. The router is part of a Mac Time Capsule. This morning when I tried to set up the WiFi connection and let it try the previously successful connection, it connected. I tired to download the latest firmware and it seemed to be going to do that, including showing some of the green progress bar. Then I got the cannot connect to the server message. I'll try it tonight with the HD-DVR on the shelf below not powered up, and if that fails I'll try to find a dongle extension -- is that just a USB cable? The security is set as WPA2 Personal.

db

post #9180 of 11418 Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Release date: February 12, 2014.

6. Added Gapless Playback support for FLAC files.

What ??? Seriously !!!

If that above is true it's the best firmware update since man as discovered fire tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Fred

o Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2

o Denon AVR-3313CI

o Oppo BDP-105

o Klipsch RF-7

o Klipsch RC-62II

o Klipsch RB-61

o SVS PB-1000

o SVS PB-2000

o Samsung 40" LCD

o Fat, big, old PS3

o 13 Inch MacBook Air w/ Audirvana