34Likes

post #11341 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarF View Post
I get the same thing once in a while. I suspect it's the app. It seems like it runs into an error somehow, perhaps with the netflix server, then the error sticks, and the only way to clear it out of memory is to relaunch the app. Meh, not a huge deal to me.

Omar
I think its the app too. Otherwise, why would it work again after the app is reset. Not a big deal for me either, but it is for my spouse. She thinks the previous player had no issues with Netflix and I bought an expensive boat anchor ;-) They don't appreciate the goodies that we do. It just needs to be functional for them.

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend with RAAL upgrade
Pre/Pro: Onkyo PR-SC5508,Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: Outlaw 770
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1000 View Post
I think its the app too. Otherwise, why would it work again after the app is reset.
Because when you restart the app, you initiate a new contact with the NF servers.
It's possible that the app is glitchy, but the more likely issue is that it's the NF servers that are causing the issues.
Otherwise the problem would be more consistent.
For me personally, I rarely have any issues aside from ISP throttling.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #11343 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Because when you restart the app, you initiate a new contact with the NF servers.
It's possible that the app is glitchy, but the more likely issue is that it's the NF servers that are causing the issues.
Otherwise the problem would be more consistent.
For me personally, I rarely have any issues aside from ISP throttling.
So how would you explain seamless experience with Sony-780 player with Netflix? Does NF has different server farm for Sony? Never experience this problem with that player or with Panasonic smart TV..

Speakers: Pioneer/TAD S-1EX, S-7EX, Ascend with RAAL upgrade
Pre/Pro: Onkyo PR-SC5508,Bel Canto Pre-6, Sherwood 972
Amp: Outlaw 770
Source:Oppo 105, Ciunas DAC, SB Touch
post #11344 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
So how would you explain seamless experience with Sony-780 player with Netflix? Does NF has different server farm for Sony? Never experience this problem with that player or with Panasonic smart TV..
*shrug shoulders*
If Netflix were kind enough to show us how their infrastructure works maybe, but who knows.
You never have a prob with NF in your Sony or Panny. I also never have the problem you describe in my Oppo.
Tomato tomato, potato potato. Stuff happens...
scirica likes this.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #11345 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 76
My ISP is Cox Communications
post #11346 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Something I've noticed with my 105D is the peak brightness seems to be a bit higher than that of my previous Denon 3800 BD player. It also seems brighter than the Cambridge Audio 752, but I only auditioned that for about a week. I would think that basic video parameters like brightness via HDMI from properly designed BD players would be virtually identical. Has anyone else noticed any brightness differences with the 105 or 105D?
post #11347 of 11359 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 817
^ The OPPO preserves the "peak white" values above Reference White if they are present in the content. If your Display can reproduce those, and if your prior players clipped them, then that could be the difference.

With the Picture Adjustment settings left at their factory default (0) values, the OPPO puts out reference video levels on the HDMI outputs. So for example its Reference White is the same numeric value on the HDMI as any other player producing correct output.
--Bob
post #11348 of 11359 Old Today, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi guys, just bought the oppo 105 last month but the firmware is the old one 10xtw-38-1220.. try to upgrade to the latest by wifi and usb.. don't know why cannot be done.. already twice email the oppo but no respond.. is it any chance that i must upgrade it step by step, not my old one to the latest one... i live in indonesia, when i try to upgrade the firmware by wifi, "cannot connect server'... already try by lan cable.. still the same.. try the "usb by downloading the newest and the 'newer compare to my version.. but still cannot be done.. already donwload the latest 75-0515. but the file (open in pc by winrar) is MAIN10x.bin 122.435.728 while in oppodigital web is written BDP10x.bin 122.910kb.. already try to change the word MAIN10x with BDP10x or BDP105, but still cannot.. really need help from u guys.. thx before
post #11349 of 11359 Old Today, 04:38 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1606 View Post
hi guys, just bought the oppo 105 last month but the firmware is the old one 10xtw-38-1220.. try to upgrade to the latest by wifi and usb.. don't know why cannot be done.. already twice email the oppo but no respond.. is it any chance that i must upgrade it step by step, not my old one to the latest one... i live in indonesia, when i try to upgrade the firmware by wifi, "cannot connect server'... already try by lan cable.. still the same.. try the "usb by downloading the newest and the 'newer compare to my version.. but still cannot be done.. already donwload the latest 75-0515. but the file (open in pc by winrar) is MAIN10x.bin 122.435.728 while in oppodigital web is written BDP10x.bin 122.910kb.. already try to change the word MAIN10x with BDP10x or BDP105, but still cannot.. really need help from u guys.. thx before
Welcome to AVSForum.

Players sold in different regions of the world have firmware specific to that region. Yours seems to be running "TW" firmware, is that right?

From what website are you downloading the new firmware? You'll need to find the TW versions, which are not hosted in the US.

-Bill
post #11350 of 11359 Old Today, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Since the last firmware upgrade, I have occasional issues with Netflix. The player connects to Netflix and shows all the titles, but when I try to play a movie or an episode, I get an error that Netflix is unable to play this movie at this time. So, I try to play some other movie/episode with the same result. To fix this issue, I have to completely exit out of Netflix and launch it again. Then it's able to play all the movies I was unable to play earlier. Is this common for other users as well?
Are you using a wireless connection to the Internet?
If so, try a wired connection, even temporarily. In my experience this works much much better.
Eric
post #11351 of 11359 Old Today, 08:39 AM

Thx bill for the answer.. Anyone know the "taiwan oppo web? Cannot find in google.. Is there any chance i get the taiwan firmware from the main us/uk oppo web? Any chance i can swap the taiwan version with other country newer version? Thx
post #11352 of 11359 Old Today, 08:43 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Thx bill for the answer.. Anyone know the "taiwan oppo web? Cannot find in google.. Is there any chance i get the taiwan firmware from the main us/uk oppo web? Any chance i can swap the taiwan version with other country newer version? Thx
I presume this is the page, but I can't read the Chinese: http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/

TW firmware from US/UK: no, I doubt it.

Changing regional firmware versions: I haven't heard of that being done. I don't know if it is possible.

Did you get this player from a dealer? Are they of any help?

-Bill
post #11353 of 11359 Old Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Using Google Chrome's translator I found the following firmware download page on the 'Oppo Taiwan' web site: http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/support.php?tab_id=1

Direct link to firmware download: http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/upload...TW-75-0515.rar

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; Today at 09:27 AM. Reason: Direct link to firmware download
post #11354 of 11359 Old Today, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
I presume this is the page, but I can't read the Chinese: http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/

TW firmware from US/UK: no, I doubt it.

Changing regional firmware versions: I haven't heard of that being done. I don't know if it is possible.

Did you get this player from a dealer? Are they of any help?

-Bill
Anyone can read chinese here? Please, help me, get into www.oppodigital.com.tw I'm looking for latest firmware for bdp 105 (update by usb) please help me copy the link and paste it here, or email me at didi_1606@yahoo.com thx
post #11355 of 11359 Old Today, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread

Quote:
Anyone can read chinese here? Please, help me, get into www.oppodigital.com.tw I'm looking for latest firmware for bdp 105 (update by usb) please help me copy the link and paste it here, or email me at didi_1606@yahoo.com thx

Now you've really got me confused....you have a Taiwan Oppo unit, but can't read Taiwanese/Chinese?

Just use the link SeeMoreDigital provided you (http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/support.php?tab_id=1), bring it up in Google Chrome, and translate the page to English. Very simple...

Last edited by DanF8500; Today at 09:41 AM.
post #11356 of 11359 Old Today, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Now you've really got me confused....you have a Taiwan Oppo unit, but can't read Taiwanese/Chinese?

Just use the link SeeMoreDigital provided you (http://www.oppodigital.com.tw/support.php?tab_id=1), bring it up in Google Chrome, and translate the page to English. Very simple...
I bought it in indonesia.. All the menu in the player is in english... Thx everyone.. Gonna try it in pc tommorow.. Thx
post #11357 of 11359 Old Today, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Since the last firmware upgrade, I have occasional issues with Netflix. The player connects to Netflix and shows all the titles, but when I try to play a movie or an episode, I get an error that Netflix is unable to play this movie at this time. So, I try to play some other movie/episode with the same result. To fix this issue, I have to completely exit out of Netflix and launch it again. Then it's able to play all the movies I was unable to play earlier. Is this common for other users as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarF View Post
I get the same thing once in a while. I suspect it's the app. It seems like it runs into an error somehow, perhaps with the netflix server, then the error sticks, and the only way to clear it out of memory is to relaunch the app. Meh, not a huge deal to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
I get that all the time, and I'm not even using the Oppo Netflix app. I use a combination of my Samsung tv and my iPad Netflix apps. It has nothing to do with the app in the Oppo player. Like Smarty said, the Netflix servers are sometimes buggy due to heavy usage, or have a temporary failure of server hardware.
I just received my BDP-105D a couple of weeks ago and immediately downloaded the latest firmware.

I'm having the exact same issues with the Oppo Netflix App as Sam1000. However, I believe it is the Oppo 105, not Netflix!

Prior to the Oppo, I was using an Apple TV to access Netflix. I may have had an Apple TV/Netflix connection issue twice in three (3) years. Simply rebooting the Apple TV fixed those.

Moreover, the last couple of months -- before the 105's arrival -- because lightning damaged its Ethernet port, rather than using the Apple TV hardwired to the network, I was using its Wi-Fi connection with nary a Netflix hiccup!

Now with the Oppo hardwired to the network, if not every time, every other time I load Netflix, I'm getting the: "Netflix is unable to play this movie at this time" error. It’s more than coincidental that the Apple TV even via Wi-Fi, works seamlessly and consistently; whereas, the Oppo doesn't! Proves to me that the Oppo is at fault, not Netflix!

Although as OmarF stated it's not a big deal, it is frustrating for a unit as advanced as the BDP-105 is, to choke when trying to connect with Netflix! I hope Oppo corrects the issue with the next firmware upgrade.
post #11358 of 11359 Old Today, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I bought it in indonesia.. All the menu in the player is in english... Thx everyone.. Gonna try it in pc tommorow.. Thx
Doneee.. Now my player is updated... Thx all.. Btw just info for anyone with taiwanese firmware.. Try another explorer if mozilla/chrome cannot open the taiwan web.. Thx u all
post #11359 of 11359 Old Today, 10:45 PM

Thx already install the firmware from the web u provide.. Is there any chance i can change my player language.. Now it's in chinese..
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page