Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 387 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #11581 of 11587 Old Today, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Oppo Media Control (v 3.0) only works with the latest beta.

response from OPPO :
"We do not have an active link for the older APK, which is why we have not linked to it.
We will need to see if we have this available and can upload it somewhere."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11582 of 11587 Old Today, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
sendfile.su/1029507 (MediaControl_V2.1.0.514_release.apk)
post #11583 of 11587 Old Today, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ That's not likely to be it. There's some simple mistake going on here. Seriously, have you checked that the TV is at the volume setting you think it is?
--Bob

I have. Normal listening volume used to be 30 and now even at 92 it's barely above a whisper level. I agree that it has to be something simple.

When I remove the 105d from the chain and go cable box to TV the volume returns to normal.

Called Oppo and they say it's the cable box, call Verizon and they don't even understand what I am asking.

Unfortunately an easy fix would be 2 HDMI out cables to the TV and eliminate the Oppo for cable viewing.
post #11584 of 11587 Old Today, 07:11 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNile View Post
I have. Normal listening volume used to be 30 and now even at 92 it's barely above a whisper level. I agree that it has to be something simple.

When I remove the 105d from the chain and go cable box to TV the volume returns to normal.

Called Oppo and they say it's the cable box, call Verizon and they don't even understand what I am asking.

Unfortunately an easy fix would be 2 HDMI out cables to the TV and eliminate the Oppo for cable viewing.
OK, let's go back to basics.

Start by plugging the cable box into THE SAME INPUT on the TV you are using to play the OPPO. Make no other changes on the cable box or the TV. Do you get good volume? If not, then there is a settings problem in your TV. Make sure you test this using the same TV input you are using when playing the OPPO.

If you do get good volume, return that connection from the cable box back to the OPPO input.

While playing the cable box through the OPPO (with poor volume), press Info on the OPPO remote. The top line will show what's coming in from the cable box. The bottom line will show what's going out on the OPPO's HDMI outputs. As I understand it you have the cable box currently set to output Dolby Digital. So the input into the OPPO from it should be DD 2.0 or DD 5.1 according to the channel you are watching. If you are seeing something else, let us know. Try different channels and see if the volume problem happens with BOTH 2.0 and 5.1 channels.

Meanwhile the OPPO will be sending Bitstream or LPCM to the TV according to the HDMI Audio setting. Try both HDMI Audio Bitstream and HDMI Audio LPCM and see if the volume problem happens both ways. If the volume problem does NOT happen with LPCM output, see what Info reports is being sent out to the TV. For example is LPCM 2.0 being sent even though the input from the cable box is DD 5.1?

At this point we are still just collecting information.

Now, whenever anything weird happens with the player, a usual first step is to try a Reset of the player. You can save your settings to a USB stick (Setup > Device Setup) to make restoring them easier. Do a complete reset like this:

1) Remove any disc. Jot down or save your settings to a USB stick.

2) In Setup > Device Setup, Erase Persistent Storage

3) In Setup > Device Setup, Reset Factory Defaults. When that finishes, power down the player

4) While still powered down, unplug the player from wall power. While still unplugged, press and hold the Front Panel power button for a few seconds -- this insures any retained power is discharged.

5) Plug back in, power up, and restore your personal settings.

6) Power down once again. Settings are saved during the power down cycle.

Check again and see if you still have the volume problem.

There are additional steps to take based on what happens above, but lets start with this. (The cable box may be sending different stuff to the TV than what it sends to the OPPO due to limitations in what the TV allows for input. If so, we'll have to dig into the cable box settings to see what's screwed up.)
--Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. -- Need personal consultation/training?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11585 of 11587 Old Today, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 16
There is only 1 HDMI cable going to the TV. So it's the same cable being used whether it's out of Oppo or out of cable box. No matter what I do, when the cable signal is going though the Oppo the volume suffers significantly.

When I press info it does show 5.1dd.

Tried all possible Oppo audio settings and no difference at all.

I bought the Oppo thinking it would make cable viewing even better.
post #11586 of 11587 Old Today, 08:44 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 880
^ What is the OPPO sending to your TV when you get the low volume -- bottom line of the Info display.

Have you tried the player Reset yet?

Which firmware are you running. Check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information for the "Main" firmware version number.
--Bob

. -- Need personal consultation/training?
post #11587 of 11587 Old Today, 12:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousstas View Post
Oppo Media Control (v 3.0) only works with the latest beta.

response from OPPO :
"We do not have an active link for the older APK, which is why we have not linked to it.
We will need to see if we have this available and can upload it somewhere."
Wouldn't it be easier to just install the beta firmware?
It's really not too spicy, and chock full of vitamins.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page