Forum Jump: 
 71Likes

post #11671 of 11675 Old 10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 899
^ My word, yes. Playing music files off an attached USB hard drive is one of the more common things you'll find 105 owner's doing. You can also stream files from an SMB server or DLNA server set up elsewhere on your house network. The 105 and newer 105D also have an Asynchronous USB DAC Input which you can connect to a computer and play stereo audio into the OPPO from the computer as if it was an external sound card.

There are only 11,670 posts in this thread discussing this stuff, so shouldn't take you THAT long to absorb it all.

There's also a separate thread for the newer 105D (D for "Darbee" video processing) version, and another thread where people are discussing Gapless media file playback and things like CUE files. Just the sort of reading designed for these longer, late Fall and Winter nights.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11672 of 11675 Old 10-20-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 148
^ Don't forget also, the Oppo BDP-105 "Sound Quality" Check Thread for Audiophiles, lol

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #11673 of 11675 Old 10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ My word, yes. Playing music files off an attached USB hard drive is one of the more common things you'll find 105 owner's doing. You can also stream files from an SMB server or DLNA server set up elsewhere on your house network. The 105 and newer 105D also have an Asynchronous USB DAC Input which you can connect to a computer and play stereo audio into the OPPO from the computer as if it was an external sound card.

There are only 11,670 posts in this thread discussing this stuff, so shouldn't take you THAT long to absorb it all.

There's also a separate thread for the newer 105D (D for "Darbee" video processing) version, and another thread where people are discussing Gapless media file playback and things like CUE files. Just the sort of reading designed for these longer, late Fall and Winter nights.
--Bob

Bob,

Thats why I asked the questions, as I am sure it redundant ones at that! I know gapless playback via the memory stick has been an issue, have they resolved that yet?

Thanks for the input Bob, and the Link Smarty-Pants!
post #11674 of 11675 Old 10-20-2014, 06:15 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 899
Gapless from an attached USB drive or over the network from an SMB server works for WAV, FLAC, and APE files. Gapless is expected to extend to other formats at some point, but not yet.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #11675 of 11675 Old Today, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santelises View Post
I have managed to get the Linn Kinsky app working fine, for everything except .DSF DSD files. Has anyone managed to get this latter file type working via Kinsky?

It seems it is a problem with the OPPO as a renderer based on a thread I recently saw not advertising that it can support DSF. Here is a quote:

This is actually a problem with the OPPO. A UPnP renderer should advertise all the MIME types that it is able to play. It seems that the OPPO isn't doing this.

Kinsky refuses to send the renderer a MIME type that the renderer hasn't advertised, and there's no way to disable this check. With BubbleUPnP, setting this UPnP tweak setting disables the check, so BubbleUPnP sends the file to the renderer even though the renderer is saying that it can't play it.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully Oppo will sort this DSD issue then before releasing the beta as a full firmware.

Regarding BubbleUPnP (and sorry of this is a stupid question) but amI right in thinking I can't use this with Apple devices, only Android?

Have you tried Lumin at all? I can get the app to see the Minimserver library, but the app doesn't seem to see the Oppo as a selectable 'Lumin'. I know people have used Lumin with other renderers, and it is one of the better control points out there, so it would be good to get it working.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page