Forum Jump: 
 215Likes

post #12091 of 12093 Old Today, 07:28 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
You can send HDMI DSD digital audio to a compatible device from the 105, and yes it can be multi-channel. Set SACD Output DSD.

The Optical and Coax S/PDIF digital audio outputs do not carry DSD digital audio.

As always, when you send digital audio out of the OPPO, the DACs (Digital to Analog Converters) in the OPPO are not involved.

Check whether the Krell offers DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion for HDMI DSD input. There will be a setting in the Krell to enable that if so. If not, or if not set that way, then the Krell will convert HDMI DSD to LPCM on input before sending LPCM through any audio processing it offers and then to its DACs. In which case, that's the same as having the OPPO do the conversion from DSD to LPCM and sending HDMI LPCM to the Krell. DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion will mean bypassing any audio processing in the Krell as that processing is done in LPCM.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12092 of 12093 Old Today, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney1 View Post
I have a Sonos “Connect” that I have connected to my105’s digital in. I am running my 105 asa pre/pro to my Rotel amps. I do noticethat I have to turn the volume on both the Sonos and Oppo all the way up to getdecent volume. Playing bluerays I don’thave any problem with volume at all. Isthis a limitation of the 105 being used as a pre/pro vs an actual pre/pro or isthere a setting that will boost my volume for my digital inputs? Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
I suggest you email OPPO Tech Support and see if they have any history on your model of Sonos that might help.
--Bob
Bob, sent the question on to Oppo support. Was wondering if it holds true when using the Vudu or Netflix apps through the 105. I notice I have to set the volume on the 105 to the max where as if I was playing the same movie on blu-ray I would only need it at about 85.
post #12093 of 12093 Old Today, 11:39 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
^ There's no way to predict how audio is encoded for different content. 15 steps of Volume on the 105 is 7.5dB, and it would not surprise me if there's that much difference in volume inherent in different types of content.

Note that if you have a down-mix going on -- e.g., 5.1 or 7.1 content set to output only Stereo from the OPPO, or the like -- then there is "down mix attenuation" applied to make sure the Analog outputs won't clip the inputs of whatever they are connected to. I.e., to mix more channels of content into fewer channels of output without exceeding the max voltage spec on the Analog outputs.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player