Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 418 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Blu-ray & HD DVD > Blu-ray Players > Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread

Blu-ray Players

Mongo171's Avatar Mongo171
12:41 PM Liked: 893
post #12511 of 12522
02-26-2015 | Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post
With respect to my comment about most people on this forum owning both vinyl and sacd of DSOTM, I never underestimate my fellow AVS'rs!
It was the first CD I ever bought. I need to get the SACD.
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau
04:19 PM Liked: 1090
post #12512 of 12522
02-27-2015 | Posts: 28,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I'm in the process of further troubleshooting. I did a system reset and it appears to have taken care of the Auto Resume feature glitch. Now when I power up the 105D it no longer starts playing at the resumed point. I now have to hit play for Auto Resume to work. That's good.

As far as the noise from the 105D that's a different matter. What I did find was that when a disc is playing and the Home Menu is not on the 105D's display the noise stops. Stop the disc and the Home Menu is back on the display the noise resumes. I also found that with the Home Menu on the display (noise is there) and I adjust the analog volume with the volume value on the display the noise stops. If I stop adjusting the volume and the Home Menu is back on the display the noise resumes. I have every cable accept the power cable disconnected and the noise is still there. I plugged the 105D into a different outlet and a different circuit and the noise is still there. So it appears I'll be getting an RMA to return the 105D.

Bill
RMA sounds like the correct answer here. Warranty service, of course, even for your refurb.
--Bob
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac
04:54 PM Liked: 567
post #12513 of 12522
02-27-2015 | Posts: 11,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
RMA sounds like the correct answer here. Warranty service, of course, even for your refurb.
--Bob
Bob,

I have the 105D all boxed up and will ship it back to Oppo tomorrow. They make the whole return process so easy. I'm doing a return as I'm going to stick with my 103 for awhile. I'm going to ask Oppo if they can let me know what is causing the noise from the player. Also the FW seems a bit screwed up as well. This is my fourth Oppo player and the first that has had any issues. These things happen but I'll be quite content with the 103 .

Bill
JimSatala777's Avatar JimSatala777
06:12 PM Liked: 25
post #12514 of 12522
02-27-2015 | Posts: 226
The Dacs in the 105D are top notch. ..a seperate ESS 9018 for the each of the stereo outputs and another one for the multichannel outputs. ...I have been doing A/B testing with my Psaudio directstream and the Sabres get you pretty darn close
Sinistre1's Avatar Sinistre1
07:36 PM Liked: 13
post #12515 of 12522
02-28-2015 | Posts: 195
I am sure this has been asked... if it hasn't I am probably up the creek without the proverbial paddle. That said I am under a huge time constraint and the time I spend trying to find the solution (I have already searched for 2 hrs) might be better spent doing the things I need to do elsewheres... here is my dilemma. As of about a week and a half ago, I had my oppo 105 going HDMI in to an Onkyo 805. Said Onkyo decided to go up in a blaze of glory. I am going away for a month tomorrow and have my nephew apt sitting for me. The oppo hdmi solution was basically point and click AND it worked very, very well. I did not have the time or finances to run out and grab a receiver (and would hate to do so without research... blaze of glory receiver not withstanding). I happen to have 4 channels of amplification in the form of a pair of Adcom 545 amps. I set the oppo up directly with the 545's and I can't get my powered SVS Pn12 sub to play.

The problem is try as I may I can not get the sub to register a signal from the oppo and join the party. The system was one of the selling points to getting him to apt sit for a whole month. Although it isn't horrible with just the full range coming from my speakers it isn't close to what the 805 set up was... with the non playing sub being most if not all of the difference. I have tried adding +10db, large small, sub on pretty much every possible setting. I also moved the rca's from the stereo pair to the FR and FL of the multichannel. I just can't get the sub to turn on/ play with this set up. Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I am asking for help... or mercy as it were. Yes I KNOW there is a search function but I have not been able to use it successfully for the last 2 hrs and I am hoping that someone/anyone that has run into this situation can help. I am in the middle if packing but I will keep checking back. Havent had the heart to say anything to my nephew yet. Hoping I won't have to.
Bob Pariseau's Avatar Bob Pariseau
07:57 PM Liked: 1090
post #12516 of 12522
02-28-2015 | Posts: 28,332
^ The most likely reason is that you have the Sub cable plugged into either the wrong output jack on the back of the OPPO or the wrong input jack on the Sub.

Use the Test Tones in the OPPO to confirm that a signal is getting to the Sub.

The OPPO puts out "line level" signals on the Sub jack, so the cable should be attached to the "line level" input on the Sub -- not a "high level" or "speaker" input.

Confirm that the you have the right jack connected on the OPPO, and that the cable is good, by temporarily connecting to an amp input for one of the normal speakers and then testing with the Test Tones in the OPPO.
--Bob
eljr's Avatar eljr
06:35 AM Liked: 2283
post #12517 of 12522
Today | Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSatala777 View Post
The Dacs in the 105D are top notch. ..a seperate ESS 9018 for the each of the stereo outputs and another one for the multichannel outputs. ...I have been doing A/B testing with my Psaudio directstream and the Sabres get you pretty darn close

It uses one Dac for stereo and one for 7.1.

Not one for each channel.

Question, how would using 4 dacs per stereo channel effect the end product compared to one chip period for stereo.

that is 8 Chips vs 1. All the same SABRE32 chip.
eljr's Avatar eljr
06:37 AM Liked: 2283
post #12518 of 12522
Today | Posts: 4,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post
It uses one Dac for stereo and one for 7.1.

Not one for each channel.

Question, how would using 4 dacs per stereo channel effect the end product compared to one chip period for stereo.

that is 8 Chips vs 1. All the same SABRE32 chip.
also, how do things like power supplies (type and quality) , clock accuracy, number of dacs, configuration of dacs, chassis rigidity, etc. effect the sound.
COmusicaddict's Avatar COmusicaddict
08:07 AM Liked: 12
post #12519 of 12522
Today | Posts: 22
Greetings All, I've been using my Oppo BDO-105 happily for the last year until yesterday when something happened while I was behind the audio rack. The player quit playing midstream and will not play now. It'll light up, open and close the drawer, but always dims to dark and shuts down within seconds. I'm not sure if something somehow shorted or what. It wasn't unplugged while running. Is there a quick way to reset? I didn't find my issue in troubleshooting. I'd sure welcome any thoughts from the folks with more experience. Thanks! Mark A, Colorado Springs
elfiself's Avatar elfiself
10:09 AM Liked: 12
post #12520 of 12522
Today | Posts: 21
This isn't the right forum for this question but I'm sure I'll get the right answer here. Wondering if anyone can tell me if an isolated ground and or a surge suppression duplex outlet are recommended on a dedicated audio / video circuit. My breaker panel has a surge suppressor in it. Also is there a problem running AC power, HDMI and coax in the same wall bay.
Smarty-pants's Avatar Smarty-pants
12:06 PM Liked: 214
post #12521 of 12522
Today | Posts: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmusicaddict View Post
Greetings All, I've been using my Oppo BDO-105 happily for the last year until yesterday when something happened while I was behind the audio rack. The player quit playing midstream and will not play now. It'll light up, open and close the drawer, but always dims to dark and shuts down within seconds. I'm not sure if something somehow shorted or what. It wasn't unplugged while running. Is there a quick way to reset? I didn't find my issue in troubleshooting. I'd sure welcome any thoughts from the folks with more experience. Thanks! Mark A, Colorado Springs
Not sure what you mean by "shutting down", but if the player is still power on and the front display
comes one and then dims to dark/off, that sounds like you have the dimmer option set to OFF.
After you power on the player, try hitting the DIMMER button on the remote until the front display is at it's brightest.

If the player is actually shutting down completely without hitting the power-off button,
then you probably have an issue that requires the player to be serviced.
One thing you can try is to unplug the player and let it sit overnight and then plug it back in the next day and
see if the issue is still there. If so then contact Oppo support to schedule a repair.
Sinistre1's Avatar Sinistre1
12:58 PM Liked: 13
post #12522 of 12522
Today | Posts: 195
Bob, thanks for the reply. I didn't have time enough to respond before I left but I know the input jacks on the sub were not changed and it was line level input. The 805 didn't have speaker level out and i visually confirmed the sub input at the time. l am also confident I was using the appropriate out on the oppo. It was multichannel out upper right (right of center) area of the oppo. The input is color coded purple. I am beginning to think either the cable is suddenly bad ( maybe shorted by the Onkyo), the sub is bad (again with Onkyo as the culprit) or the SW jack is bad on the oppo. Won't be home to test for month! Gonna make me nuts!!! Was hoping you'd say I missed or misunderstood some setting somewhere. Sounds lik are saying it shiukd have worked. .. which is what i surmised
Tags: Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Reply Blu-ray Players

Subscribe to this Thread