Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 418 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 267Likes
post #12511 of 12514 Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeh911 View Post
With respect to my comment about most people on this forum owning both vinyl and sacd of DSOTM, I never underestimate my fellow AVS'rs!
It was the first CD I ever bought. I need to get the SACD.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12512 of 12514 Unread Today, 04:19 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I'm in the process of further troubleshooting. I did a system reset and it appears to have taken care of the Auto Resume feature glitch. Now when I power up the 105D it no longer starts playing at the resumed point. I now have to hit play for Auto Resume to work. That's good.

As far as the noise from the 105D that's a different matter. What I did find was that when a disc is playing and the Home Menu is not on the 105D's display the noise stops. Stop the disc and the Home Menu is back on the display the noise resumes. I also found that with the Home Menu on the display (noise is there) and I adjust the analog volume with the volume value on the display the noise stops. If I stop adjusting the volume and the Home Menu is back on the display the noise resumes. I have every cable accept the power cable disconnected and the noise is still there. I plugged the 105D into a different outlet and a different circuit and the noise is still there. So it appears I'll be getting an RMA to return the 105D.

Bill
RMA sounds like the correct answer here. Warranty service, of course, even for your refurb.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #12513 of 12514 Unread Today, 04:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
RMA sounds like the correct answer here. Warranty service, of course, even for your refurb.
--Bob
Bob,

I have the 105D all boxed up and will ship it back to Oppo tomorrow. They make the whole return process so easy. I'm doing a return as I'm going to stick with my 103 for awhile. I'm going to ask Oppo if they can let me know what is causing the noise from the player. Also the FW seems a bit screwed up as well. This is my fourth Oppo player and the first that has had any issues. These things happen but I'll be quite content with the 103 .

Bill
lanping09 likes this.

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Wyred 4 sound SX-500s, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #12514 of 12514 Unread Today, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Dacs in the 105D are top notch. ..a seperate ESS 9018 for the each of the stereo outputs and another one for the multichannel outputs. ...I have been doing A/B testing with my Psaudio directstream and the Sabres get you pretty darn close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page