Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 426 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 314Likes
post #12751 of 12762 Old 04-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 1115
^ While watching a DD 2.0 program, press Info button on the OPPO remote. The Top line will show you what the OPPO sees coming in on the HDMI input. If it is not DD 2.0, then there is likely a setting in the cable box that needs to be adjusted. For example, some boxes default to using Analog audio outputs for stereo program content.

Meanwhile, the bottom line of the OPPO Info display shows what it is putting out on each of the two HDMI outputs. If you have both of the outputs hooked up, with Split A/V set, keep in mind that audio will be muted on the HDMI 1 output (the one that should be going to the TV).

Also check to see if you have audio on the Analog outputs. A simple way to check that would be to plug in headphones.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12752 of 12762 Old 04-11-2015, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if I confused you or just did not provide enough info. I am using the analog outputs direct to my amps. The info display does show DD 2.0. That is how I know that it is the channels with DD 2.0........

As I was typing that last sentence, it dawned on me that we had a power outage the other day. I just checked and indeed my front channel amp was off. My center and rear amps both have analog power switches. So those remained on. But my fronts where off. What a fool I am! But thank you for your input as it made me think about my analog outputs going to separate amps.

Regards,
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ While watching a DD 2.0 program, press Info button on the OPPO remote. The Top line will show you what the OPPO sees coming in on the HDMI input. If it is not DD 2.0, then there is likely a setting in the cable box that needs to be adjusted. For example, some boxes default to using Analog audio outputs for stereo program content.

Meanwhile, the bottom line of the OPPO Info display shows what it is putting out on each of the two HDMI outputs. If you have both of the outputs hooked up, with Split A/V set, keep in mind that audio will be muted on the HDMI 1 output (the one that should be going to the TV).

Also check to see if you have audio on the Analog outputs. A simple way to check that would be to plug in headphones.
--Bob
scirica likes this.
post #12753 of 12762 Old 04-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Glad you got it figured out! Yes, loss of an amp can be confusing.
--Bob
scirica likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #12754 of 12762 Old 04-13-2015, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone know of the chances of having Tidal / Spotify on Oppo, much like Netflix, etc.?

post #12755 of 12762 Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ OPPO has made no announcements.
--Bob

post #12756 of 12762 Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post
Anyone know of the chances of having Tidal / Spotify on Oppo, much like Netflix, etc.?
Slim chance...best way to enjoy tidal is airplay with an i-device to your avr or sonos in the chain.

---------------------------------------------------------------
gear: 3x JTR 212HT ~ 4x JTR 8LP ~ 2x JTR Orbit Shifter LFU ~ 11x Elemental Designs eD6c ~ Marantz SR7008 ~ Panasonic PT-AE8000U ~ Elite 176" 2.35 ATS
post #12757 of 12762 Old 04-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ OPPO has made no announcements.
--Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by asoofi1 View Post
Slim chance...best way to enjoy tidal is airplay with an i-device to your avr or sonos in the chain.
I was just trying my luck, it appears they are more interested in streaming video content than music. I did email Oppo but the answer was a 'may-be', so will have to stick with ickStream for the moment.

Thanks guys.
post #12758 of 12762 Old 04-14-2015, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I'm running Tidal via the pc app running on my media server. I can therefore play it through JRiver and take advantage of upsampling, etc. Sounds great!

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #12759 of 12762 Old 04-14-2015, 03:00 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadvan View Post
I was just trying my luck, it appears they are more interested in streaming video content than music. I did email Oppo but the answer was a 'may-be', so will have to stick with ickStream for the moment.
As with any other service they may want to offer, both parties have to reach an agreement for it to happen. So even if they want to add Tidal, it's a non starter if Tidal isn't interested in working with them.
post #12760 of 12762 Old 04-14-2015, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
As with any other service they may want to offer, both parties have to reach an agreement for it to happen. So even if they want to add Tidal, it's a non starter if Tidal isn't interested in working with them.
Obviously that's the case, just that with increasing 'audiophile' hardware signing up with Tidal for lossless streaming, hopefully Tidal would come to Oppo one day. To me such combo would be quite awesome.
post #12761 of 12762 Unread Today, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I have my 105 going directly to an Emotiva amp so there is no AVR or pre-pro. The Xbox is connected to the Oppo's rear HDMI which works great. I recently connected the television to Oppo's optical in. I'm getting some really bad lip synching from the TV. Are there any settings in the Oppo to fix this issue?

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #12762 of 12762 Unread Today, 06:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post
I have my 105 going directly to an Emotiva amp so there is no AVR or pre-pro. The Xbox is connected to the Oppo's rear HDMI which works great. I recently connected the television to Oppo's optical in. I'm getting some really bad lip synching from the TV. Are there any settings in the Oppo to fix this issue?
Unfortunately, no. I had the same issue connecting my Verizon STB to the Oppo via coax. The Oppo's processing is too slow, resulting in lip sync. I solved it by going from the STB to my preamp, bypassing the Oppo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page