Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 435 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 385Likes
post #13021 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4902 Post(s)
Liked: 2026
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardV View Post
Why not connect your computer directly to the TV via HDMI and the USB of your computer to the Oppo? Then you can see your computer on the TV while listening to the audio through the Oppo.
That's the ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13022 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Why not connect your computer directly to the TV via HDMI and the USB of your computer to the Oppo? Then you can see your computer on the TV while listening to the audio through the Oppo.
Only 1 input is active at a time. If you are using the HDMI input so you can see the computer screen, then you will hear whatever sound is coming via the HDMI connection because you will be using the HDMI input. If you use the USB audio input you will not be able to see the computer screen because there is no video information via that input. It's one or the other. You can't mix video from one with audio from the other.
post #13023 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post
Only 1 input is active at a time. If you are using the HDMI input so you can see the computer screen, then you will hear whatever sound is coming via the HDMI connection because you will be using the HDMI input. If you use the USB audio input you will not be able to see the computer screen because there is no video information via that input. It's one or the other. You can't mix video from one with audio from the other.
HDMI from computer goes directly to TV. USB goes to Oppo. You can now watch computer screen on TV and listen to USB input of Oppo. There is no mixing of inputs on the Oppo.
linger63 likes this.

Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray
Spectron Premiere MKII 7 Channel Class D Amp (500w x 7)
2 Anthony Gallo Reference SA Amps
5 Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 Speakers
Sunfire Super JR Subwoofer
Sony Z2 Series laptop as dedicated HTPC
post #13024 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 12:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East, dts:x Films: Under the Skin, 3D, Birdman, X_Machina, The Zero Theorem, Interstellar
1. The HDMI output of your laptop (PC) is connected to the HDMI input of your TV. ...You got picture on your TV no matter what.
2. The USB port of your laptop (PC) is connected to your Oppo 105 BR player's USB port. ...You got sound from your speakers connected to your receiver (or pre/pro) from your Oppo 105 source player which is also connected to your receiver/pre-pro via HDMI, no matter what.
linger63 and JimSatala77 like this.

Last edited by NorthSky; 06-30-2015 at 12:54 PM.
post #13025 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hey Bob. I have had my 105 d about 6 months and starting listening to a lot more-YouTube. My lockup problem is different then some of the other guys. Running cat-6 hard wired Ethernet. Internet speed 50 Mbps. Start up great 100%. My problem. Example: I will search an artist. Multiple choices come up and most of the time I just let the selections play. When I try to manually select a choice probably 1 out of 8 times unit locks up. It will goes to the selection and show elapsed time line but it freezes. I have to power off. Is this problem the player or U TUBE site. One more example I was selecting artist that were uploaded in analog. The upload usually shows the record player and LP playing. As I said about 1 out of 8 times it lockups. Could it be I'm pressing the arrow buttons and enter too quick creating the lockup. No issues at all on startup or any lockup when playing.
post #13026 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 11:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm Bob too, and I have no clue.

But the other Bob, the expert, I'm sure he has a good cue for you.
post #13027 of 13032 Unread 06-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
HDMI from computer goes directly to TV. USB goes to Oppo. You can now watch computer screen on TV and listen to USB input of Oppo. There is no mixing of inputs on the Oppo.
My bad. I read wrong.
post #13028 of 13032 Unread Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question:

I'm a bit confused on the "Stereo Signal" setting. I think what it's saying is this:

Down-Mixed Stereo = All Stereo goes out through the dedicated stereo outs + all Multi-Channel is down-mixed to stereo and out through the dedicated stereo outs
Front Left/Right = All stereo goes out through the dedicated stereo outs + Multi-channel goes out through the multi-channel outs except front left/right which goes out through the dedicated stereo outs

Basically the Front Left/Right setting means that the dedicated stereo outs work in conjunction with the multi-channel output and should be connected to the pre/pro's multi-channel in, correct? This would allow stereo content to be bass-managed and it allows the better DACs in the dedicated stereo outs to be utilized in a multi-channel setup.
post #13029 of 13032 Unread Yesterday, 05:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRage View Post
Question:

I'm a bit confused on the "Stereo Signal" setting. I think what it's saying is this:

Down-Mixed Stereo = All Stereo goes out through the dedicated stereo outs + all Multi-Channel is down-mixed to stereo and out through the dedicated stereo outs
Front Left/Right = All stereo goes out through the dedicated stereo outs + Multi-channel goes out through the multi-channel outs except front left/right which goes out through the dedicated stereo outs

Basically the Front Left/Right setting means that the dedicated stereo outs work in conjunction with the multi-channel output and should be connected to the pre/pro's multi-channel in, correct? This would allow stereo content to be bass-managed and it allows the better DACs in the dedicated stereo outs to be utilized in a multi-channel setup.
Almost correct. Your description of "Front Left/Right" would have the front left and right channels going through BOTH
the dedicated stereo output AND the L/R or the multichannel output simultaneously.
You can use either one which ever way you choose, but yes the dedicated stereo output would have the better DAC theoretically.
Also, even if you have the dedicated stereo output set to Down-Mixed Stereo, the 7.1 multi-channel output is still active.
All audio outputs are active 24/7 on the Oppo players.
So the stereo analog output is always active, and the 7.1 analog output is always active,
but the setting you refer to just controls what kind of downmix the stereo output will receive.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #13030 of 13032 Unread Yesterday, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Almost correct. Your description of "Front Left/Right" would have the front left and right channels going through BOTH
the dedicated stereo output AND the L/R or the multichannel output simultaneously.
You can use either one which ever way you choose, but yes the dedicated stereo output would have the better DAC theoretically.
Also, even if you have the dedicated stereo output set to Down-Mixed Stereo, the 7.1 multi-channel output is still active.
All audio outputs are active 24/7 on the Oppo players.
So the stereo analog output is always active, and the 7.1 analog output is always active,
but the setting you refer to just controls what kind of downmix the stereo output will receive.
Thanks for the answer. OK, I think I get it. The setting only affects how the Oppo handles multi-channel audio. In Down-Mix Stereo it will mix the multi-channel to stereo and send it out through the dedicated stereo output; in Front Left/Right it doesn't down mix and just sends the left/right signal through the dedicated stereo output. Stereo audio (like from redbook CDs) is unaffected.

If that's right, is there any reason for someone with a 7.1 setup to select the Down-Mix Stereo mode instead of the Front Left/Right and connecting the dedicated stereo outputs to the multi-channel in on their pre/pro?
post #13031 of 13032 Unread Yesterday, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRage View Post
Thanks for the answer. OK, I think I get it. The setting only affects how the Oppo handles multi-channel audio. In Down-Mix Stereo it will mix the multi-channel to stereo and send it out through the dedicated stereo output; in Front Left/Right it doesn't down mix and just sends the left/right signal through the dedicated stereo output. Stereo audio (like from redbook CDs) is unaffected.

If that's right, is there any reason for someone with a 7.1 setup to select the Down-Mix Stereo mode instead of the Front Left/Right and connecting the dedicated stereo outputs to the multi-channel in on their pre/pro?
Yep, you got it.
No reason to try that setting since you would have the surround audio in the surround speakers
AND in the front left/right speakers. Yuck!

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #13032 of 13032 Unread Yesterday, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Yep, you got it.
No reason to try that setting since you would have the surround audio in the surround speakers
AND in the front left/right speakers. Yuck!
Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player