Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 439 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 480Likes

post #13141 of 13724 Old 08-08-2015, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Do you also have the analog outs from the player connected to the same AVR? If so, remove them.
I do not have the analog outs connected. I'm starting to think it's the unit. When I switch to variable volume on the 105 I'm able to control the volume with it but when I turn the Marantz volume knob to 00 I still get sound, very strange. I was all set to watch a movie in Atmos then this happens. Guess I'll call Oppo on Monday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13142 of 13724 Old 08-08-2015, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman View Post
I do not have the analog outs connected. I'm starting to think it's the unit. When I switch to variable volume on the 105 I'm able to control the volume with it but when I turn the Marantz volume knob to 00 I still get sound, very strange. I was all set to watch a movie in Atmos then this happens. Guess I'll call Oppo on Monday.
Maybe I'm not understanding your issue very well, but the 105's volume control "only" affects its analog outputs and the headphone output.
post #13143 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
DSD and HD Flac files stutter when HDMI and balanced out are both on

My system:
Audio source; Synology 1513+ NAS, 5x6TB in Raid
Ethernet wire to gigabit switch
Ethernet wire from Gigabit switch to Oppo 105

From Oppo:
Balanced analog out to Parasound JC2BP for stereo listening
HDMI out to Pioneer sc2024 receiver for TV, movie, blu ray, video files from NAS, ...

I play files from the NAS using the OPPO Media remote control, letting the OPPO DAC do the work (indtead of transcoding the file on the NAS using some other app).
When listening to music from NAS, the Pioneer is switched OFF. As part of my testing / troubleshooting the issue described below, I also switched the HDMI out to OFF using the OPPO remote app on my Ipad.

When playing 24/192 flac files or DSD files from the NAS, the music stutters for the first 10-15 seconds of every track (cut outs etc., pretty bad and annoying). With CD quality files (16/44) I do not have that issue. I look at the data stream on the NAS and I see a dip in data throughput during the buggy period>

Right now I am looking at a DSD file playing at 730 to 830 KB/s. When the drop out occurs at the start of a track, the data stream drops to 500 KB/s.

Also, if I let an album play through from one track to another, subsequent tracks play fine, but if for instance I jump back to track 1, I get drop outs. If I then jump to track 9, track 9 will also start with drop outs, even though the same track 9 played fine when transitioning on its own from track 8 to track 9.

The NAS is not doing anything else at the time, so it has plenty of CPU and RAM available (right now playing DSD, CPU is at 1-2% and RAM is at 10%).

Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking at?
Thanks for any input.
post #13144 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvanosta View Post
My system:
Audio source; Synology 1513+ NAS, 5x6TB in Raid
Ethernet wire to gigabit switch
Ethernet wire from Gigabit switch to Oppo 105

From Oppo:
Balanced analog out to Parasound JC2BP for stereo listening
HDMI out to Pioneer sc2024 receiver for TV, movie, blu ray, video files from NAS, ...

I play files from the NAS using the OPPO Media remote control, letting the OPPO DAC do the work (indtead of transcoding the file on the NAS using some other app).
When listening to music from NAS, the Pioneer is switched OFF. As part of my testing / troubleshooting the issue described below, I also switched the HDMI out to OFF using the OPPO remote app on my Ipad.

When playing 24/192 flac files or DSD files from the NAS, the music stutters for the first 10-15 seconds of every track (cut outs etc., pretty bad and annoying). With CD quality files (16/44) I do not have that issue. I look at the data stream on the NAS and I see a dip in data throughput during the buggy period>

Right now I am looking at a DSD file playing at 730 to 830 KB/s. When the drop out occurs at the start of a track, the data stream drops to 500 KB/s.

Also, if I let an album play through from one track to another, subsequent tracks play fine, but if for instance I jump back to track 1, I get drop outs. If I then jump to track 9, track 9 will also start with drop outs, even though the same track 9 played fine when transitioning on its own from track 8 to track 9.

The NAS is not doing anything else at the time, so it has plenty of CPU and RAM available (right now playing DSD, CPU is at 1-2% and RAM is at 10%).

Anyone have any ideas what I should be looking at?
Thanks for any input.
Additional data point:

Closed Oppo Mdeia Control app on Ipad and launched DS Audio (Synology Audio app) instead. No drop outs, no stuttering, while doing the same track changes as before...
post #13145 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Maybe I'm not understanding your issue very well, but the 105's volume control "only" affects its analog outputs and the headphone output.
I don't know how this happened but it also effects volume out on the HDMI as well. Crazy I know

post #13146 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 06:10 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
I don't know how this happened but it also effects volume out on the HDMI as well. Crazy I know
How exactly do you have everything connected? The only time the Oppo's volume control affects HDMI is if you set it to 0, which will mute the audio. Otherwise, the volume control does not affect the HDMI volume level. If you're getting any audio at all when the Marantz volume level is set to 0, then you either have a problem with the Marantz or are using the analog outputs on the Oppo and bypassing the Marantz. If you're using the analog outputs on the Oppo, you need to go into the Setup menus and change the volume control to variable instead of fixed.

Think about it - if the Oppo is connected to your Marantz 8802 via HDMI and/or analog, the 8802 is connected to amplifiers, and the amplifiers are connected to your speakers, then the volume control on the Marantz has the last say in the volume level regardless of what the Oppo is doing. So if you set the 8802 volume level to 0, there can't be any sound coming from your speakers unless the 8802 is defective (or you have something hooked up completely incorrectly). There's no possible way that the Oppo output can flow through the Marantz with the volume control on the Marantz disabled, even modes such as "Direct" or "Pure Direct" for analog sources still respect the volume level setting on the 8802. So you either have a defective 8802 or there's something you're not telling us about how things are hooked up (pictures might help...).
post #13147 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
How exactly do you have everything connected? The only time the Oppo's volume control affects HDMI is if you set it to 0, which will mute the audio. Otherwise, the volume control does not affect the HDMI volume level. If you're getting any audio at all when the Marantz volume level is set to 0, then you either have a problem with the Marantz or are using the analog outputs on the Oppo and bypassing the Marantz. If you're using the analog outputs on the Oppo, you need to go into the Setup menus and change the volume control to variable instead of fixed.

Think about it - if the Oppo is connected to your Marantz 8802 via HDMI and/or analog, the 8802 is connected to amplifiers, and the amplifiers are connected to your speakers, then the volume control on the Marantz has the last say in the volume level regardless of what the Oppo is doing. So if you set the 8802 volume level to 0, there can't be any sound coming from your speakers unless the 8802 is defective (or you have something hooked up completely incorrectly). There's no possible way that the Oppo output can flow through the Marantz with the volume control on the Marantz disabled, even modes such as "Direct" or "Pure Direct" for analog sources still respect the volume level setting on the 8802. So you either have a defective 8802 or there's something you're not telling us about how things are hooked up (pictures might help...).
Thank you for wanting to help. This is a real head scratcher. 105>HDMI only no analog>HDMI in on the Marantz. I did attempt some trouble shooting. I tried the 105 on various HDMI inputs on the Marantz, all acted the same way. I have Roku, catv box and X-Box all hooked up via HDMI to the 8802 with no such issue. I went into the 105 and set the volume to variable and set it all the way down to 0 and now no sound comes out when I have the 8802 set to 0. When I turn the 8802 up, the volume increases. I'm telling you some how some way, the volume out of the 105>Hdmi is being varied by the 105 volume control. I could try to shoot a video if that helps. I swear I havent lost my mind

Okay, confession time. I originally had the analog outs hooked up. I did disconnect them at the 8805 but left them connected at the 105 because they are a little hard to get to. I removed them from the 105 and, problem resolved. I'm dumbfounded, I guess the 105 automatically senses you have analog outs connected and sets the volume to variable. This old dog is learning some new tricks. Thanks guys, this would have drove me insane.

Last edited by g_bartman; 08-09-2015 at 07:10 AM.
post #13148 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 07:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Liked: 1331
^ I'm glad you found a fix, but that's not the explanation. There is no such "sensing" that the Analog outs are connected.

I strongly suspect you have gotten yourself confused as to what signal path was in use. For example, HDMI to the TV unintentionally playing audio through the TV's speakers.

The hardware in the OPPO is incapable of adjusting the volume on its HDMI outs, except for Volume 0 which is implemented as Mute.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #13149 of 13724 Old 08-09-2015, 07:53 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Thank you for wanting to help. This is a real head scratcher. 105>HDMI only no analog>HDMI in on the Marantz. I did attempt some trouble shooting. I tried the 105 on various HDMI inputs on the Marantz, all acted the same way. I have Roku, catv box and X-Box all hooked up via HDMI to the 8802 with no such issue. I went into the 105 and set the volume to variable and set it all the way down to 0 and now no sound comes out when I have the 8802 set to 0. When I turn the 8802 up, the volume increases. I'm telling you some how some way, the volume out of the 105>Hdmi is being varied by the 105 volume control. I could try to shoot a video if that helps. I swear I havent lost my mind
Like I said in my previous reply, the volume level on the Oppo's HDMI outputs is only changed when the Oppo's volume level is set to 0 (mute) - all other levels, 1-100, will be the same.

Quote:
Okay, confession time. I originally had the analog outs hooked up. I did disconnect them at the 8805 but left them connected at the 105 because they are a little hard to get to. I removed them from the 105 and, problem resolved. I'm dumbfounded, I guess the 105 automatically senses you have analog outs connected and sets the volume to variable. This old dog is learning some new tricks. Thanks guys, this would have drove me insane.
The 105 doesn't automatically set the volume to variable when the analog outputs are hooked up to cables as it has no idea what the other end of the cables are connected to and therefore can't possibly know if they should be at a fixed or variable output level. Even if it did automatically set it to variable, that would have no impact on the HDMI outputs.

Anyway, glad to hear that you have it working as expected now.
post #13150 of 13724 Old 08-10-2015, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Release date: August 10, 2015
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-79-0711B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1400 (BDP-103), 7B1400 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)

Special Notice:

1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android MediaControl applications, which added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. The Media Control V4.0 will be available in the App Store and the Google Play Store shortly.

Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10X-77-0827, the major changes included in this version are:

1. Added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. Requires use of OPPO MediaControl App v4.0 on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Improved subtitle support for user-created media.
3. Improved support for user-created WAV files with non-standard metadata tags.
4. Improved gapless playback for 176 / 88.2 kHz WAV files.
5. Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
6. Resolved an issue where AIFF file playback would result in white noise when headphones were connected to the BDP-105(D).
7. Resolved a bass management issue where the subwoofer would clip when 0 dB signals were sent to all channels when one speaker was set to small.
8. Resolved a frame rate conversion issue where 25 Hz and 50 Hz user-created media was converted to 60 Hz when TV System was set to Multi.
9. Added support for ARIB STD-B25 and ISDB fonts.
10. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
scirica likes this.

Last edited by Neuromancer; 08-11-2015 at 02:34 PM.
post #13151 of 13724 Old 08-10-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 115
All:

I have tried to play MKV video tutorial files from the PSAudio Site via USB and my NAS and i keep getting "Format not supported" messages.

Can anyone try to download one of the files and see if they play in their player?

TIA,
David

PS
I cross posted this in the BDP-103 site as well.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #13152 of 13724 Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
The Media Control V4.0 will be available in the App Store and the Google Play Store shortly.
BTW, it looks like the new version of the Media Control app IS available for iOS users.
Not quite yet for Android users, but maybe tomorrow or the next day.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
post #13153 of 13724 Old 08-10-2015, 10:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 6721 Post(s)
Liked: 3324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Release date: August 10, 2015
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: BDP10X-79-0711B
Loader Version: 6U1000 or 7B1400 (BDP-103), 7B1400 (BDP-105, BDP-105D, BDP-103D)
Sub Version: MCU103-05-0916 (BDP-103), MCU105-04-1113 (BDP-105), MCU13D-01-0618 (BDP-103D), MCU15D-01-0930 (BDP-105D), DB10X 131030 (BDP-103D, 105D)

Special Notice:

1. Once this Public Beta firmware is installed on the player, you can revert back to the previous Official release via a USB thumb drive. There will be no issues upgrading to any future official or beta firmware release.
2. This Public Beta firmware is designed to work with new versions of Apple iOS and Android MediaControl applications, which added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. The Media Control V4.0 will be available in the App Store and the Google Play Store shortly.

Comparing to the current Official release version BDP10X-77-0827, the major changes included in this version are:

1. Added support for TIDAL Music Streaming. Requires use of OPPO MediaControl App v4.0 on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Improved subtitle support for user-created media.
3. Improved support for user-created WAV files with non-standard metadata tags.
4. Improved gapless playback for 176 / 88.2 kHz WAV files.
5. Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
6. Resolved an issue where AIFF file playback would result in white noise when headphones were connected to the BDP-105(D).
7. Resolved a bass management issue where the subwoofer would clip when 0 dB signals were sent to all channels when one speaker was set to small.
8. Resolved an issue with smearing or ghosting effects in Netflix.
9. Resolved a frame rate conversion issue where 25 Hz and 50 Hz user-created media was converted to 60 Hz when TV System was set to Multi.
10. Added support for ARIB STD-B25 and ISDB fonts.
11. General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
Number 8 is a repeat of number 5.

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
post #13154 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 01:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
All:

I have tried to play MKV video tutorial files from the PSAudio Site via USB and my NAS and i keep getting "Format not supported" messages.

Can anyone try to download one of the files and see if they play in their player?
Where exactly are these MKV files?

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #13155 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 04:02 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Slowly I turned...

-Bill
Smarty-pants likes this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #13156 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Slowly I turned...

-Bill
If dmusoke is referring to the following videos hosted on YouTube: -

...they're not .mkv contained files. They are .mp4 contained files! Some of which have been encoded using a 'variable' frame rate

Cheers

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #13157 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 07:39 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
If dmusoke is referring to the following videos hosted on YouTube: -

...they're not .mkv contained files. They are .mp4 contained files! Some of which have been encoded using a 'variable' frame rate

Cheers
He cross-posted to the -103 thread and we labored mightily on it last night, eventually establishing that:

• There are no MKV files involved
  • A sample flash video file contained unsupported audio and video codecs
  • With the right firefox extension (and other utilities?) you can download youtube videos as supported flv or mp4 files

I've struggled with the youtube file download extensions recently; I don't know if it's me or them.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
post #13158 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 07:51 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Liked: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Sure. They fixed both halves of the double-image....
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #13159 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
He cross-posted to the -103 thread and we labored mightily on it last night, eventually establishing that:
  • There are no MKV files involved
  • A sample flash video file contained unsupported audio and video codecs
  • With the right firefox extension (and other utilities?) you can download youtube videos as supported flv or mp4 files
Hi Bill,

Thanks for confirming that...

Quote:
I've struggled with the youtube file download extensions recently; I don't know if it's me or them.
I've been using an application called YTD (Basic) for a couple of years now without any issues. It is however one of those bits of software that encourages you to install unnecessary third-party applications and upgrade to their 'Pro' version. But you simply ignore all of that rubbish

Cheers

post #13160 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
It's just some residual ghosting effect. All gone now...
post #13161 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As Bill said, they contain audio and video formats that are not supported by Oppo. The strange thing is that my VLC players sees ALL of them as .MKV files using a VP9 google's own video encoder and an Opus audio codec. Never heard of either of them before...

And yes, his help was simply invaluable. Thanks Bill!

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #13162 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 53
When should we expect the 105 to be replaced with an Ultra HD Blu-ray model?
post #13163 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:30 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky301067 View Post
When should we expect the 105 to be replaced with an Ultra HD Blu-ray model?
OPPO has said not this year and maybe not next year.

-Bill

post #13164 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
OPPO has said not this year and maybe not next year.

-Bill

I was contemplating selling on my 105 to get ready for their Ultra HD Blu-ray player, I might hang onto it a bit longer until till the dust settles if that's the case!

Will any of you guys be thinking of jumping ship if you decide to go 4K, when the new Ultra HD players start rolling out around Christmas time?
post #13165 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky301067 View Post
I was contemplating selling on my 105 to get ready for their Ultra HD Blu-ray player, I might hang onto it a bit longer until till the dust settles if that's the case!

Will any of you guys be thinking of jumping ship if you decide to go 4K, when the new Ultra HD players start rolling out around Christmas time?
In the scenario you contemplate, I don't think there is much to worry about.
Even if 4kBD players started selling tomorrow, they will be early adoption hardware which is prone to more bugs than
well established mature hardware, and it will most likely be uber expensive.
Most people won't be buying it, only a small percentage, and it's not going to cause your 105 to be worthless anytime soon.
In fact, Oppo players hold a very high resale value (and for good reason, they are great players).
Even their players that are now many years old, still sell used for a high value.
So, there really is no reason to get rid of your Oppo so soon.
I would just wait until you decide to replace it, and then sell it if you no longer have a use for it.
marky301067 likes this.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
post #13166 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 10:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
BTW, it looks like the new version of the Media Control app IS available for iOS users.
Not quite yet for Android users, but maybe tomorrow or the next day.
Looks like the update for the Android version of the MC app became available in the Play store this morning.
So we are now good to go with both iOS and Android apps. Happy listening!

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
post #13167 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 6721 Post(s)
Liked: 3324
I'll be ready, in 2017, to get my new UHD Oppo Blu-ray player. ...For now, UHD is not even here and we are not out of the woods with all the issues that are coming up our way...look for a sandstorm on the horizon...it's going to be intense as the next blizzard coming up from our local dairy queen.

The 105 is here in the now...that's all it matters. And when the 115 shows up, we'll be here...with forks, knives and spoons.

* Regarding that minor "ghosting" disturbance on Netflix and the fix (from number 5 and number 8): I got it now.
BillFree likes this.

~ Bob
"And it stoned me to my soul"
- Van Morrison
post #13168 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As Bill said, they contain audio and video formats that are not supported by Oppo. The strange thing is that my VLC players sees ALL of them as .MKV files using a VP9 google's own video encoder and an Opus audio codec. Never heard of either of them before...

And yes, his help was simply invaluable. Thanks Bill!
In this particular instance, the audio/video stream and container format will depend on which web browser you use to view/download the media files.

Google (being Google) are pushing people toward VP9 because they own/develop it. They're now using Opus audio (in favour of Vorbis audio) because it's 'open-source'. And both these streams should actually be placed within the .webm container - Which just happens to be (heavily) sponsored by... Google

Anyway, whether the original media files started their life as 'VP9+Opus.webm' files or 'AVC+AAC.mp4' files is unknown... But I suspect the latter

post #13169 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In this particular instance, the audio/video stream and container format will depend on which web browser you use to view/download the media files.

Google (being Google) are pushing people toward VP9 because they own/develop it. They're now using Opus audio (in favour of Vorbis audio) because it's 'open-source'. And both these streams should actually be placed within the .webm container - Which just happens to be (heavily) sponsored by... Google

Anyway, whether the original media files started their life as 'VP9+Opus.webm' files or 'AVC+AAC.mp4' files is unknown... But I suspect the latter
I asked Oppo about it and they recommended i find a video converter to .flv or .mp4 file format. Do you know of any program able to do so?

post #13170 of 13724 Old 08-11-2015, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I asked Oppo about it and they recommended i find a video converter to .flv or .mp4 file format. Do you know of any program able to do so?
If the .flv files contain AAC audio and AVC video streams you can use Moitah's 'FLV Extract' which is capable of re-muxing the original afore mentioned streams into the .mp4 container without any re-encoding

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page