Originally Posted by MIIKE888
Ehh....how do you mean now?
the Oppo 105 is one of the best preamps out there! period.
Have you ever looked at the measurements of the preamp section of the 105?
A preamp for me need to have the following (the most important first):
- volume control
- balance control (volume control for lf, rf, center, sub, rr, rl, ...)
- output buffering meaning isolate the load from the amplifier from the input source.
- digital input source switching
- analog input source switching
- dac (audio any digital format to analog)
- room correction (audissey, arc, ...) you want to do in the digital domain.
- balanced output for all outputs (not just lf, rf).
So yes the oppo105 can do some of those and you can always try the oppo alone to see if it fits your need knowing its limitation.