Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 455 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 465Likes

Old Today, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Do you have a set of headphones? Plug them into the headphone jack of your 105, and see if you get audio from a DSD file. Just trying to rule out issues with your downstream equipment. There is no other settings to switch on your 105....if you can currently play DSD via attached usb drive, the 105 will play it via DLNA.
Thanks, I tried the headphones and they don't play anything either. The other thing I noticed is that my files are showing up in the Oppo folder/file menu as WAV files, even though they are .dsf or .flac files. This is when I am pulling from the Minimserver. Is there another server that is know to work with Oppo?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksalno View Post
Thanks, I tried the headphones and they don't play anything either. The other thing I noticed is that my files are showing up in the Oppo folder/file menu as WAV files, even though they are .dsf or .flac files. This is when I am pulling from the Minimserver. Is there another server that is know to work with Oppo?
Okay.....so now it seems like your issue not only affects .dsf playback, but .flac playback also via dlna. Are you 100% certain those exact files in question will play perfectly as .dsf and/or .flac from an attached usb drive on your 105? If so, then the culprit sure looks like the dlna server. However, you said you have other dlna servers, right? (JRiver, and NAS native dlna servers)....and you've tried them all with the same results. You should give the SMB protocol a try just to show you can playback your audio files via your home network. Your NAS should have SMB available to be enabled. Once you have that going, your 105's onscreen network browser should be able to access your NAS's filesystem via SMB. Or you can use Oppo's mediaControl app to access your NAS's audio file system via SMB.

Last edited by DanF8500; Today at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player