Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 455 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 470Likes

post #13621 of 13653 Old 02-13-2016, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksalno View Post
Thanks, I tried the headphones and they don't play anything either. The other thing I noticed is that my files are showing up in the Oppo folder/file menu as WAV files, even though they are .dsf or .flac files. This is when I am pulling from the Minimserver. Is there another server that is know to work with Oppo?
Okay.....so now it seems like your issue not only affects .dsf playback, but .flac playback also via dlna. Are you 100% certain those exact files in question will play perfectly as .dsf and/or .flac from an attached usb drive on your 105? If so, then the culprit sure looks like the dlna server. However, you said you have other dlna servers, right? (JRiver, and NAS native dlna servers)....and you've tried them all with the same results. You should give the SMB protocol a try just to show you can playback your audio files via your home network. Your NAS should have SMB available to be enabled. Once you have that going, your 105's onscreen network browser should be able to access your NAS's filesystem via SMB. Or you can use Oppo's mediaControl app to access your NAS's audio file system via SMB.

Last edited by DanF8500; 02-13-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13622 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Okay.....so now it seems like your issue not only affects .dsf playback, but .flac playback also via dlna. Are you 100% certain those exact files in question will play perfectly as .dsf and/or .flac from an attached usb drive on your 105? If so, then the culprit sure looks like the dlna server. However, you said you have other dlna servers, right? (JRiver, and NAS native dlna servers)....and you've tried them all with the same results. You should give the SMB protocol a try just to show you can playback your audio files via your home network. Your NAS should have SMB available to be enabled. Once you have that going, your 105's onscreen network browser should be able to access your NAS's filesystem via SMB. Or you can use Oppo's mediaControl app to access your NAS's audio file system via SMB.
DanF8500,

Just to be clear, the flac files play fine but they show up in the album folder as .wav files. But I've isolated that to just one server. I have multiple NAS and that seems to only happen with one of them, so I'm not worried about it. It must be a characteristic of that server which I will dig into later (it could be that Minimserver is presenting everything as WAV).

I have a second 105 in another room that I tested this morning. I can pull .dsf files and play them using the MediaControl app on my iPad and via the Network folder search using the Oppo remote (which I assume is SMB). I can also push them to that 105 via JRiver with no problem. The only difference between this 105 and the other one is this one only has an HDMI connection to the pre-pro, so the Oppo is converting to PCM before sending to the pre-pro for DA conversion. In the one that doesn't work, I am using the 7.1 analog out to a different pre-pro, so Oppo is doing the DAC. Flac files work fine but not dsf in this mode.

Later today I will try swapping 105's just to make sure there isn't something wrong with the 105 hardware. Both 105's are running the same firmware and the same config other than the one where I use the 7.1, I have the HDMI audio turned off. Again, flac files can be pulled or pushed without issue, I just can't get dsf or dff files to play.

Karl
post #13623 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
DanF8500,

Just to be clear, the flac files play fine but they show up in the album folder as .wav files. But I've isolated that to just one server. I have multiple NAS and that seems to only happen with one of them, so I'm not worried about it. It must be a characteristic of that server which I will dig into later (it could be that Minimserver is presenting everything as WAV).

I have a second 105 in another room that I tested this morning. I can pull .dsf files and play them using the MediaControl app on my iPad and via the Network folder search using the Oppo remote (which I assume is SMB). I can also push them to that 105 via JRiver with no problem. The only difference between this 105 and the other one is this one only has an HDMI connection to the pre-pro, so the Oppo is converting to PCM before sending to the pre-pro for DA conversion. In the one that doesn't work, I am using the 7.1 analog out to a different pre-pro, so Oppo is doing the DAC. Flac files work fine but not dsf in this mode.

Later today I will try swapping 105's just to make sure there isn't something wrong with the 105 hardware. Both 105's are running the same firmware and the same config other than the one where I use the 7.1, I have the HDMI audio turned off. Again, flac files can be pulled or pushed without issue, I just can't get dsf or dff files to play.

Karl
If your flacs are showing up a WAV, it is entirely possible that your DLNA server is set up to do transcoding - which you definitely do NOT want it doing. You need audio transcoding turned off for best results with the Oppo - which can play most audio file types in their native format without any need for transcoding.

Any half-decent DLNA server will provide a way to turn transcoding off. You might want to investigate yours.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #13624 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 12:38 PM

I found the problem. In the JRiver DLNA Server there is a parameter for streaming DSD over DOPe. I assumed this needed to be on to send DSD files to the Oppo. I was wrong. Once I unselected this parameter, I was able to both pull and push DSD files to the Oppo. No cover art or much meta data but at least I can listen. The Oppo display says PCM, so I'm not sure what that means.

The other issue with Dsf files showing as WAV is specific to that particular NAS which is set up to down convert anything higher than 24/192 since I am using room correction filters in that room and the filters don't work above 24/192. When I look at the files on all my other NAS from the Network folder on the Oppo or from their iPad app, they show as the correct file types.

Is there any way to tell that the files are being played at the correct bit depth and sample rate?
post #13625 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
The other issue with Dsf files showing as WAV is specific to that particular NAS which is set up to down convert anything higher than 24/192 since I am using room correction filters in that room and the filters don't work above 24/192.
I suggest you don't have "that particular NAS" transcode your dsd.dsf files to pcm.wav files. Your Oppo can transcode dsd to pcm just fine by itself!

EDIT: By-the-way... When the Oppo's are set-up to transcode dsd audio to pcm audio, the pcm audio stream will be reported as being 88.2KHz/24-bit.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 02-14-2016 at 01:46 PM.
post #13626 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I found the problem. In the JRiver DLNA Server there is a parameter for streaming DSD over DOPe. I assumed this needed to be on to send DSD files to the Oppo. I was wrong. Once I unselected this parameter, I was able to both pull and push DSD files to the Oppo. No cover art or much meta data but at least I can listen. The Oppo display says PCM, so I'm not sure what that means.

Is there any way to tell that the files are being played at the correct bit depth and sample rate?
I know what that means. It means your 105 is converting DSD to PCM. Not sure if this is what you want. When DSD is converted to PCM, your 105 can still do audio processing(bass/crossover, down mixing, trim, distance, etc) on its analog outputs. However, if you want your 105 to convert DSD Direct to analog, then you wont be able to do any audio processing. The 105 setting that gives you this option (DSD or PCM options) is called "SACD Output". I can elaborate more on that setting if you don't understand it. It's pretty self explanatory though.

Last edited by DanF8500; 02-14-2016 at 02:13 PM.
post #13627 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
I suggest you don't have "that particular NAS" transcode your dsd.dsf files to pcm.wav files. Your Oppo can transcode dsd to pcm just fine by itself!

EDIT: By-the-way... When the Oppo's are set-up to transcode dsd audio to pcm audio, the pcm audio stream will be reported as being 88.2KHz/24-bit.
Thanks, as I explained earlier, this particular DLNA server is a JRiver server and it has to be set up to down convert due to the room correction filter I use in my main listening system. Rather than your suggestion, I will just avoid using that DLNA server, I have plenty of others to choose from. I have replication setup via rsync between my servers so the music folders stay in sync.

I assume when you are talking about the Oppo transcoding DSD to PCM, you are referring to what it outputs on the HDMI or coax/optical digital outs. I am not using any of them. I am using the 7.1 analog outputs to my pre-pro, so I am depending on the Oppo to do a full DA conversion, not transcode from DSD to PCM.
post #13628 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I know what that means. It means your 105 is converting DSD to PCM. Not sure if this is what you want. When DSD is converted to PCM, your 105 can still do audio processing(bass/crossover, down mixing, trim, distance, etc) on its analog outputs. However, if you want your 105 to convert DSD Direct to analog, then you wont be able to do any audio processing. The 105 setting that gives you this option (DSD or PCM options) is called "SACD Output". I can elaborate more on that setting if you don't understand it. It's pretty self explanatory though.
I want to send multi-channel DSD files to my Oppo, get them converted to 7.1 analog and sent out over the 7.1 analog outputs to my pre-pro. The pre-pro will then pass through the analog without processing it to my JBL Synthesis equalizers that handle all of the room correction, speaker management, etc. All I need or want from the Oppo is the D/A conversion of the DSD multi-channel files. If I understand the manual correctly, the "SACD Output" you are referring to only affects the digital outputs. I have an HDMI connection to my pre-pro but I don't use it for this audio only mode. I don't have any of the coax or optical connections. Therefore, I think the setting of the "SACD Output" is irrelevant, unless I am not understanding the Oppo manual correctly.

Since I don't see anything in the settings, I assume that any DSD sent to the Oppo is converted automatically to analog and output on both the 2-ch and 7.1-ch analog outputs at the same time. I don't see any way to turn this on or off, so I assume it is just always done. My pre-pro can't convert DSD, so if I was using the HDMI connection for DSD, I would need to set the "SACD Output" to PCM, correct? However, since I am using the 7.1 analog out, I don't think this setting matters.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
post #13629 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I want to send multi-channel DSD files to my Oppo, get them converted to 7.1 analog and sent out over the 7.1 analog outputs to my pre-pro. The pre-pro will then pass through the analog without processing it to my JBL Synthesis equalizers that handle all of the room correction, speaker management, etc. All I need or want from the Oppo is the D/A conversion of the DSD multi-channel files. If I understand the manual correctly, the "SACD Output" you are referring to only affects the digital outputs. I have an HDMI connection to my pre-pro but I don't use it for this audio only mode. I don't have any of the coax or optical connections. Therefore, I think the setting of the "SACD Output" is irrelevant, unless I am not understanding the Oppo manual correctly.

Since I don't see anything in the settings, I assume that any DSD sent to the Oppo is converted automatically to analog and output on both the 2-ch and 7.1-ch analog outputs at the same time. I don't see any way to turn this on or off, so I assume it is just always done. My pre-pro can't convert DSD, so if I was using the HDMI connection for DSD, I would need to set the "SACD Output" to PCM, correct? However, since I am using the 7.1 analog out, I don't think this setting matters.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
You didn't get it quite right....

The SACD Output setting affects the hdmi "and" the analog outputs. If you only want your 105 to convert DSD directly to analog without internally converting it to PCM first, you'll need to set SACD Output to DSD. SACD Output set to PCM means your 105 will convert DSD to 88.2 Khz, 24 bit PCM before converting to analog. So, either way, the analog outputs can be affected by SACD Output, however you may ultimately not be able to hear a difference between DSD-PCM-analog vs DSD-Direct to analog, unless you have some audio processing (i.e. bass management/crossover, downmix, trim, distance, etc) happening on your 105.
RichB likes this.

Last edited by DanF8500; 02-14-2016 at 07:12 PM.
post #13630 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You didn't get it quite right....

The SACD Output setting affects the hdmi "and" the analog outputs. If you only want your 105 to convert DSD directly to analog without internally converting it to PCM first, you'll need to set SACD Output to DSD. SACD Output set to PCM means your 105 will convert DSD to 88.2 Khz, 24 bit PCM before converting to analog. So, either way, the analog outputs can be affected by SACD Output, however you may ultimately not be able to hear a difference between DSD-PCM-analog vs DSD-Direct to analog, unless you have some audio processing (i.e. bass management/crossover, downmix, trim, distance, etc) happening on your 105.
Thanks for the tip, although it is hard to imagine why anyone would want to do a two-step conversion like that! I had set my SACD Output to DSD and now the PCM light is off. In fact, there is no indication at all from the Oppo about what is going on either on input or output side for 2-ch or multi-ch. Sort of shooting in the dark using the Oppo as a multi-ch DAC.
post #13631 of 13653 Old 02-14-2016, 09:19 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Thanks for the tip, although it is hard to imagine why anyone would want to do a two-step conversion like that! I had set my SACD Output to DSD and now the PCM light is off. In fact, there is no indication at all from the Oppo about what is going on either on input or output side for 2-ch or multi-ch. Sort of shooting in the dark using the Oppo as a multi-ch DAC.
Someone using the Oppo as their pre-pro might want to have DSD converted to PCM so that they can apply crossovers and distance handling in the Oppo. In your case, you definitely want to have the Oppo skip the PCM conversion since you're handling all the other processing in the JBL Synthesis.
RichB likes this.
post #13632 of 13653 Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Thanks, as I explained earlier, this particular DLNA server is a JRiver server and it has to be set up to down convert due to the room correction filter I use in my main listening system. Rather than your suggestion, I will just avoid using that DLNA server, I have plenty of others to choose from. I have replication setup via rsync between my servers so the music folders stay in sync.

I assume when you are talking about the Oppo transcoding DSD to PCM, you are referring to what it outputs on the HDMI or coax/optical digital outs. I am not using any of them. I am using the 7.1 analog outputs to my pre-pro, so I am depending on the Oppo to do a full DA conversion, not transcode from DSD to PCM.
You can actually use the same server if you want - and then just use a different DLNA "instance" within the same server.

You can ADD a new DLNA instance to your existing JRiver server, name it "Media for Oppo" or something like that - and then set THAT instance to not transcode or do any other processing. Then just be sure to connect to that instance with the Oppo. You do not have to install JRiver again - multi-instance DLNA hosting is part the product as-installed.

Display: Panasonic P60UT50 (Plasma)
Speakers: (4) Monitor Audio Silver 9i (Front and Surround), (1) Monitor Audio Silver 12i (Center), (4) Monitor Audio Silver 4i (Rear and Wide), (2) Aperion Audio Bravus II 8d (Subwoofers)
Receiver: Pioneer Elite SC-87 AVR (9.2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 3, Cable...
post #13633 of 13653 Old 03-07-2016, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Did you contact OPPO and offer them a sample file?

-Bill
I did no such thing but I finally figured out my problem. I set the output resolution from 1080p to 4k a while back because I got a new 4K TV and wanted to see what it was going to look like if I streamed 4K video from YouTube on the OPPO to it... Anyway in the end I reverted back to 1080p (partly because there really isn't any 4K content on there and also because I run everything through my BOSE and it doesn't support 4K) and the problem went away.
post #13634 of 13653 Old 03-07-2016, 02:54 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSpy View Post
I did no such thing but I finally figured out my problem. I set the output resolution from 1080p to 4k a while back because I got a new 4K TV and wanted to see what it was going to look like if I streamed 4K video from YouTube on the OPPO to it... Anyway in the end I reverted back to 1080p (partly because there really isn't any 4K content on there and also because I run everything through my BOSE and it doesn't support 4K) and the problem went away.
FYI, the Oppo cannot play any native 4K content, it can just scale the content it receives to 4K.
post #13635 of 13653 Old 03-08-2016, 01:05 PM
swd

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

just to be sure, is there a way to listen to a 5.1 movie in 7.1 directly from the 105d?
I used the 8 analog outputs, but i always get 5.1 sound....

Seems i can't play/convert a 5.1 source to a 7.1 with the 105d as a preamp...??

Do i missed something or i need a prepro absolutely to do the job?

Thanks
post #13636 of 13653 Old 03-08-2016, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 42
From the user manual:

Quote:
Both HDMI INPUT ports are HDMI v1.4 compatible and can accept up to 1080p high-definition
video signal, however, due to internal bandwidth limits, the audio signal is up to 6ch/192kHz or
8ch/96kHz PCM,Dolby Digital,Dolby Digital Plus,DTS and AAC.
post #13637 of 13653 Old 03-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swd View Post
Hi,

just to be sure, is there a way to listen to a 5.1 movie in 7.1 directly from the 105d?
I used the 8 analog outputs, but i always get 5.1 sound....

Seems i can't play/convert a 5.1 source to a 7.1 with the 105d as a preamp...??

Do i missed something or i need a prepro absolutely to do the job?

Thanks
Hi swd,

If I understand this correctly, all analog channels are discrete, meaning the 105d will only output what is delivered via the source. The only way that I know of to do what you want is to output your source material thru the 105d's HDMI to a pre/pro or AVR that has the capabilities to synthesize the additional channels.

Cheers,

JD

"We've got to get in to get out..."
post #13638 of 13653 Old 03-08-2016, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 149
IIRC, if you have the Oppo set up for 7.1, then the surround channels of a 5.1 source will be replicated in the back speakers so that all 7 regular speakers will play. It will not do additional decoding, though. Just duplicate the output of the surround channels.

post #13639 of 13653 Old 03-08-2016, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
IIRC, if you have the Oppo set up for 7.1, then the surround channels of a 5.1 source will be replicated in the back speakers so that all 7 regular speakers will play. It will not do additional decoding, though. Just duplicate the output of the surround channels.
It does that for me on HDMI output if I have Dolby or DTS processing on the AVR turned on but I get no rear surround output on 7.1 analog if I play a 5.1 multi-channel SACD, for example.
post #13640 of 13653 Old 03-09-2016, 05:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 149
If you output SACD to analog, you get what is on the disc and no other processing. A 5.1 SACD will only output to 5 channels plus the sub if output to analog. You also don't get any speaker distance adjustments. If you want any processing you must output the SACD content to an AVR or pre/pro via HDMI as LPCM. You might get processing on the AVR or pre/pro with DSD from the Oppo, depending on how the AVR or pre/pro handles DSD (if at all).

post #13641 of 13653 Old 03-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I'm sure this has been mentioned in here already, but with 455 pages I'm scared to start looking. Anyway, I just saw this on Oppo's website: http://www.oppodigital.com/reseller/

"OPPO is a small company that follows a direct-sales model. Due to limited resources and thin product margins, we are no longer accepting reseller applications and are in the process of trimming our current set of resellers. We greatly appreciate your support & interest in our products and hope you can respect our effort to sharpen our focus on product development & customer service."

This makes me truly sad as I'm a HUGE fan and was looking to contact them about becoming a dealer.

Anybody have the inside scoop on what's up with this, and is there any possibility of me sneaking in there? Unless I'm missing something, I just can't think of a more capable product for the money.
post #13642 of 13653 Old 03-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Liked: 1310
^ OPPO has recently released the modular, BDT-101CI player for the Custom Installer market. If that's your interest, as opposed to being a general, consumer electronics retailer, you should probably approach OPPO that way.
--Bob
Audiguy3 likes this.

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #13643 of 13653 Old 03-15-2016, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dear owners of Oppo 105

Is it possible to play DSD 128 files via network on standard Oppo 105?
I will be grateful for any answer
post #13644 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Connection Question:

Just got my new OPPO BDP105D yesterday. I'll be using the OPPO as a pre-amp through a NAD C 275BEE amp. I would also like to route my cable TV audio through the OPPO as well as having the option to use my existing soundbar if I'm watching the news, sitcoms or anything where I don't really need premium sound.

How should I connect the cable box, OPPO and TV?

1) Cable HDMI out to TV HDMI in; TV optical audio out to Soundbar optical audio in; TV RCA audio out to ? (OPPO doesn't have RCA audio in, only optical, coaxial, usb). This is how I currently have it connected through my old stereo receiver. There is a phase shift between the optical and RCA audio output if I have both the receiver and soundbar playing.

2) Cable HDMI out to OPPO HDMI in; OPPO HDMI out to TV HDMI in; TV optical audio out to soundbar optical audio in. With this set-up, I'm not sure how I would change the TV source from cable to DVD. Would the OPPO get a better audio signal directly from the cable box rather than running it through the TV first?

Hopefully the above wasn't too confusing.

Thanks.
post #13645 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
#2. HDMI from cable box to OPPO. HDMI out of OPPO to TV. RCA out from OPPO to amp. Make sure to put HDMI cable to TV ARC port. Don't need to change input from TV to DVD/Blu-ray.
post #13646 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
#2. HDMI from cable box to OPPO. HDMI out of OPPO to TV. RCA out from OPPO to amp. Make sure to put HDMI cable to TV ARC port. Don't need to change input from TV to DVD/Blu-ray.
I have a Samsung LN52B610. After Googling "what is an ARC port" I determined that I do not have an ARC port on this set.
post #13647 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

No biggie. ARC is nice when streaming a movie from the TV and playing the sound through your system.
post #13648 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
No biggie. ARC is nice when streaming a movie from the TV and playing the sound through your system.
So would I then just use either the optical audio out from the TV to OPPO? Or, I'd have to use a RCA to coaxial cable from the TV to OPPO.

Actually, If I'm running the HDMI from the cable box into the OPPO, I wouldn't need any audio out from the TV, would I?

Last edited by schnikes55; 03-18-2016 at 12:06 PM.
post #13649 of 13653 Old 03-18-2016, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

HDMI will carry audio to the TV. Just use the TV volume for it. You can hook up the sound bar to the TV or OPPO.
post #13650 of 13653 Old 03-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
7.1 Analog

Recent Atmos & DTS:X talk got me excited to explore my current 5.2 setup using Audyssey DSX to add heights and wides. My HT is 19' x 15' x 10' so, for me, the wides did not add much. I reconfigured for 7.2 + 2 height using PLIIz which I very much like.

Then I decided to try the 7.1 analog OPPO 105 to Denon 4311 analog IN and OMG what a beautiful thing. I cannot decide whether it is placebo effect because Audyssey is missing or analog is that superior to digital.

I wonder then, if the next generation OPPO will offer 11.1 analog out. Regardless, I plan to enjoy my new appreciation for analog for quite some time.

Thanks for letting me share. I would love to hear others' experience with their analog setups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page