Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 459 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 481Likes
post #13741 of 13743 Unread Yesterday, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1791 Post(s)
Liked: 1353
Quote:
Originally Posted by miike88 View Post
does anybody know if the crossover slope is 24db on the OPPO?
It is 12db.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13742 of 13743 Unread Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question re speaker distance settings

I assume the speaker distance settings apply whenever the Oppo is playing digital, i.e. Blu-ray or HDMI content, but a) do they apply to a digital stream feeding the rear USB input? or b) do they apply when using the balanced analog outputs?
post #13743 of 13743 Unread Today, 05:36 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1322 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolezalek View Post
I assume the speaker distance settings apply whenever the Oppo is playing digital, i.e. Blu-ray or HDMI content, but a) do they apply to a digital stream feeding the rear USB input? or b) do they apply when using the balanced analog outputs?
Speaker distance adjustments DO apply to media files read from a hard drive attached to one of the rear, USB, peripheral ports (thin rectangular socket), but do NOT apply to stereo audio sent into the USB DAC port (square socket).

EXCEPTION: When playing media file content from a hard drive attached to a USB peripheral port in DSD digital audio format (the format used on SACD discs), whether or not audio processing happens depends on the SACD Output setting. If you have DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion engaged, the DSD goes directly to the DACs -- so audio processing, including speaker distance adjustment, is bypassed.

Audio sent into the USB DAC port always goes DIRECTLY to the DACs, thus always bypassing all audio processing, regardless of other settings. Meaning you get just Volume control.

The Dedicated Stereo Analog outputs (both the RCA pair and the XLR pair) are controlled by the Stereo Signal setting. When that is set to DOWN-MIXED STEREO, the Dedicated L/R outs operate independently of the Speaker Configuration settings for the multi-channel outs. You get a "Stereo" down-mix, with no per-speaker volume trim, no distance adjustment, and no crossover processing -- i.e., they are treated as LARGE. (Main Volume and Mute still apply.)

When set to FRONT LEFT/RIGHT, the Dedicated L/R outs respond to all the settings that would normally affect the Left Front and Right Front outs of the multichannel Analog set -- including speaker distance adjustment. The intent is that you will wire a Dedicated L/R pair INSTEAD of wiring LF/RF from the multichannel Analog set.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; Today at 05:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player