post #1351 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by delkat View Post

Thanks for the help everyone. You are right, the ground loop issue is coming from the cable feed. If I disconnect the HDMI cable running from my TV to the Oppo, the hum is gone. I noticed when I was under the house last week that Comcast has a ground wire running from a coax splitter to a gas pipe nearby. So I assume that gas line is isolated from the ground in my electric main panel which is causing the issue.
I have a Comcast basic cable modem feeding coax to my TV and RJ45(?) to my wireless router. The cable modem has a 2 prong 110V plug with no ground. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the problem. Should I connect the cable ground under the house to my main panel ground so that everyone is sharing the same ground plane?
Thanks!

Disclaimer - I'm not an electrician. However I have read that the NEC standard is for cable to be grounded to the electrical service ground. Call your cable company and tell them to fix it.

It still may not eliminate your hum issue. In which case the Jensen VRD-1FF isolator will likely fix it. As with anything like this there is an insertion loss, so if your signal is marginal you could have issues.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadia 9 View Post

I have senn hd 650 they are 600 ohms the oppo sounds great on them plenty of drive. Also have B&W p-5 great match fun headphone drives them easy at 32 ohms. And also use Ettys hf3 at 32 ohms easy drive I love those headphones the oppo's headphone amp is good it's not as good as the amp in the mac cs2300 preamp. But at 6k it better have a better headphone amp than the oppo. The oppo is a little lean and not as detailed but this could be somewhat premature since I've only had it for two days. I think it will get better ill keep posting if people are interested.

Really I think sensitivity is more important than impedance unless you really have a pretty junky headphone amplifier.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
post #1353 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlarson View Post

Really I think sensitivity is more important than impedance unless you really have a pretty junky headphone amplifier.

You are correct sir ;-)

FWIW, I did the math yesterday and the Sennheiser 650 headphones have 300ohm impedance and with the Oppo producing 34milliwatts in 300ohms that will take you past the threshold of pain. It will produce >110dB at around 27mW. At no time, with these numbers, will the headphone amplifier output provide a weak or thin signal with Sennheiser HD650s.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
post #1354 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM
FMD

Liked: 12
HDMI IN

I am seeing one issue in this setup:

Cable Box (Verizon Fios Motorolla) > Oppo HDMI In > LCD Vs Cable Box > LCD. Volume is much lower through the Oppo

Is there a vol adjustment? Is anyone else seeing this?

2 Channel Audio - Oppo BDP-105>PS Audio Power Base>Conrad Johnson Premier 14 Preamp>Conrad Johnson MF2500A Solid State Amp>Rogers LS 3/5a + AB1 Speakers> PS Audio P5 Power Plant/PS Audio Power Base>[Cabling] Nordost Red Dawn/Heimdall RCA, Shunyata Research & PS Audio Power Cords>[Isolation] Black...
post #1355 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 AM
FMD

Can someone confirm the best audio setting if I am using the Oppo in a 2 channel system:

"Down-mixed Stereo" or "Front Left/Right" shutting off the sub/other speakers.

I am assuming if I set to down-mixed I don't have to go to the Speaker Config section

I would want the best audio quality for all media via the analog RCA outs and the headphone amp. Also have SACD set to DSD

2 Channel Audio - Oppo BDP-105>PS Audio Power Base>Conrad Johnson Premier 14 Preamp>Conrad Johnson MF2500A Solid State Amp>Rogers LS 3/5a + AB1 Speakers> PS Audio P5 Power Plant/PS Audio Power Base>[Cabling] Nordost Red Dawn/Heimdall RCA, Shunyata Research & PS Audio Power Cords>[Isolation] Black...
post #1356 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 10:43 AM

Liked: 13

>>>I feel your pain, but I have not experienced this with any of my hard drives (mostly using a pair of Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB and 1.5TB) after extended use mainly listening to FLAC files. I do have a WD 250GB harddrive and when I have some time I will load that harddrive to see if there is an issue with my WD harddrive..<<<<br />
If the drive is not formatted FAT32, will the OPPO prompt this or will simply not work? I have a Seagate Freeagent GoDrive as well. The INPUT indicates that its active, but there is no audio or content.
post #1357 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 226
For this particular problem, the cheapest and fastest fix MIGHT be to move the ground point Comcast chose. It's unlikely the gas pipe is completely isolated from ground . It's more likely that the gas pipe itself just isn't a very good ground (much higher resistance in gas pipe than in copper pipe for example). AND there's the issue that ground in one spot is not necessarily the same thing as ground in another spot even if the 2 spots are no more than 20-30 feet apart. Ground hum is caused by a difference in potential between 2 "grounds" anywhere in your system. You might measure 1/2 volt or even a couple of volts difference in ground potential between any 2 different grounding points around your home (like outside, deep in the dirt). When there is a voltage potential difference between any 2 components, voltage wants to flow between the 2 points and that's where the hum originates. Elminate the differences in ground potential and you should eliminate the hum if it is ground-loop hum.

What you want for an electrical ground is a solid copper bar driven many feet into the earth with the electrical wires to your panel "bonded" to the copper bar when the copper bar is new. This "bonding" essentially cold-welds the wires to the copper bar from the very high clamping pressure applied to the wires and bar. The best place to move Comcast's ground would be to the copper ground rod using something that would prevent oxidation (like Caig Labs DeoxiT) over decades. You'll need to FIRMLY clamp the comcast ground wire to the ground rod. You may also want to put DeoxiT on the connection where the ground attaches to the Comcast cable. Picking up grounds at random places like pipes or heat ducts is bad practice. Sometimes in older homes, there may not be a ground rod... they may have used the incoming cold water pipe, a gas line, heat ducts or some other unexpected "ground" source that can degrade over time. If that's the case, it is best to move the makeshift ground to a properly installed ground rod. Living in dry climate can be challenging for a ground system also as resistance of soil increases dramatically as the soil gets dry and the ground becomes less effective.

If relocating the ground does not stop the hum (it very well may not work), I agree with the suggestion for the Jensen Transformers device... this essentially uses 2 transformers to "break" the physical connection between the incoming Comcast cable and your system. The isolator breaks the physical connection of both ground and signal. The 2 transformers pass the cable signal between them without having to have a physical connection. The Jensen cable isolator is the best-designed/made device of that type that I know of. There are cheaper alternatives, but you could lose signal strength, especially in the higher frequencies present on the cable.

"Movies is magic..." Van Dyke Parks
THX Certified Professional Video Calibration
ISF -- HAA -- www.dBtheatrical.com
Widescreen Review -- Home Theater & Sound
post #1358 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD View Post

Can someone confirm the best audio setting if I am using the Oppo in a 2 channel system:
"Down-mixed Stereo" or "Front Left/Right" shutting off the sub/other speakers.
I am assuming if I set to down-mixed I don't have to go to the Speaker Config section
I would want the best audio quality for all media via the analog RCA outs and the headphone amp. Also have SACD set to DSD

Stereo Signal (Audio Processing) should be "Down-mixed Stereo" and SACD Priority (Playback Setup) should be set to STEREO.

SACD Mode can be set to DSD or PCM depending on your personal preference.
post #1359 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post

I am using the dedicated xlr outs from the 105 to my processor for music CD's and stereo SACD's.
I use hdmi's for movies and multi-channel SACD's.
-In the .AUDIO FORMAT SETUP section>SACD Output does it matter if its et to DSD or bitstream?? Is there any difference in how it is processed inside the 105 while being converted to analog??
SACD set to DSD or PCM is really personal preference. Try both and see what produces the best results.
Quote:
-In the AUDIO PROCESSING section do any of the settings in SPEAKER CONFIGURATION affect the dedicated stereo outs?? Should the fronts be set to LARGE and sub to OFF ??
As long as the Stereo Signal is set to "Down-mixed Stereo" then the only settings which will affect your audio is the SACD Mode (Audio Format Setup) and SACD Priority (Playback Setup). All other settings will affect the multi-channel analog or HDMI interfaces.
Quote:
-And could someone please clarify what affect the STEREO SIGNAL > FRONT L/R vs DOWN-MIXED STEREO settings do??
This changes the behavior of the player when playing back a multi-channel source. If you have the player set to Down-mixed Stereo then the player will phantom and mix the Center, Surround, and Surround Back channels into the Front Left and Right speakers. If you have the player set to Front Left/Right then the player is acting as Total Left and Total Right, so you will lose any Center, Surround, or Surround Back channel information.
post #1360 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM

Liked: 10
Can anyone (Bob wink.gif) lead me to a primer written for computer illiterates that explains DLNA, servers, renderers, streaming, etc.

I am under the impression that when I use the network input on the 105, the quality of the signal I am receiving is a factor of the digital recording (I.e. mp3/flac), the DLNA server I choose it use, and the PC sound card, or something like that.

Apparently, to use the Asyc USB input on the 105, I would need my PC close enough to run USB (not an option for me).

Additionally, when I plug my USB external drive (where all my music is stored) directly to the 105, while I get excellent sound quality, I loose the ability to make playlists or add multiple selections on the fly.

I realize that these issues are pretty basic to most of you, but.....cut a digitally challenged guy some slack.
post #1361 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadia 9 View Post

I have senn hd 650 they are 600 ohms the oppo sounds great on them plenty of drive. Also have B&W p-5 great match fun headphone drives them easy at 32 ohms. And also use Ettys hf3 at 32 ohms easy drive I love those headphones the oppo's headphone amp is good it's not as good as the amp in the mac cs2300 preamp. But at 6k it better have a better headphone amp than the oppo. The oppo is a little lean and not as detailed but this could be somewhat premature since I've only had it for two days. I think it will get better ill keep posting if people are interested.

The 650's are 300 ohm.
post #1362 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tme110 View Post

Ok, Im just confused. I downloaded 3 more digital media controller apps onto my iphone. SITECOM's is actually pretty slick. You start it up and it immediately shows you all the DLNA servers it sees. You select one, go through the media to pick a song, select it and it then shows you all the renderers it sees. In my case is say my foobar renderer, windows media center, my phone, my avr and my TV - but no oppo. All devices in my system are hardwired to the same router.
So I ran the kinssky app, which works but not well and it saw the OPPO fine. I played with the other 2 new apps but I didn't seem all that great. The SITECOM controller though I think would be a great interface.
Now many poeple are getting the oppo redering to work well? It's strange that my HDTV is always there and always works yet I had no idea it was even a renderer.
Ok, I just went back to Kinsky and tried to play something. It saw the oppo, had all my music but I couldn't get it to actually play anything. I think sent it to my TV which of course worked perfectly.

Ok, I know a couple people have posted about getting this stuff to work - how many? Are (many other) people still not able to get the OPPO to work as a renderer? Any ideas why software is seeing every renderer in my house except the Oppo? It just seems that if it is a renderer this should all be pretty simple to get working.

thanks.
post #1363 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphader View Post

The quality of the signal (data) is only dependent on the quality of the file itself. Some DLNA servers may not serve up all file types (although using SMB will serve up everything) but if the file is served up and your network is running fine then it should sound the same as if you attached it directly via a flash key, drive, etc. The PC's audio card is not a factor whatsoever.
Chris

Chris,

I have the same problem as Eric, as to the distance from the PC to the Oppo. The ethernet sound quality is excellent as is the hooking a USB drive to the Oppo. My question to you or anyone else familiar with NAS drives is this. Take for example the WD Duo Nas drive. Can you use the WD connected via the ethernet as a remote drive and plug the USB port of the WD to the Oppo usb ports and have it be seen as a USB drive to the Oppo? The reason is that at times, on a long playlist, the ethernet feed seems to hang during a song, while that problem hasn't arisen on the USB drive attached to the Oppo.

Just wondering!
post #1364 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldav View Post

Chris,
I have the same problem as Eric, as to the distance from the PC to the Oppo. The ethernet sound quality is excellent as is the hooking a USB drive to the Oppo. My question to you or anyone else familiar with NAS drives is this. Take for example the WD Duo Nas drive. Can you use the WD connected via the ethernet as a remote drive and plug the USB port of the WD to the Oppo usb ports and have it be seen as a USB drive to the Oppo? The reason is that at times, on a long playlist, the ethernet feed seems to hang during a song, while that problem hasn't arisen on the USB drive attached to the Oppo.
Just wondering!

Not intimate with any NAS drives, although if there's a network hang something is at fault, the network, the NAS, or the Oppo (we should still see many fixes for the 105). Most of the NAS devices I know about use the open-source Samba software for SMB sharing, and I suspect, so does the Oppo. As a Linux user and admin I'm quite familiar with Samba however the Oppo is basically a black-box (no Samba configuration tools) and the NAS may be the same.
I'm hoping to eventually build an HTPC, running Linux, sitting quietly (no fans) in my rack and connected to the 105 via USB so that I can marry the friendly sound/video apps on it with the DAC on the Oppo.
post #1365 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM
FMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blackburn View Post

I have "pushed" content to the Oppo (and other devices with network support) from a PC using Foobar and Media Center 17 (JRiver) and it works fine. In fact, using the Foobar or Media Center 17 user interface is FAR more flexible and faster than using the interface in the Oppo machines (the 103/105 are much faster than the 93/95 in that regard, but still not as fast as a computer) especially if you have a large library you want to access by alphabetical folders instead of by tag data which may not put all your "stuff" where you think it should be. What I haven't done is tried this just after turning the Oppo on without doing anything else to it. I've always put the Oppo in network mode first. I just don't know if it will work without setting the Oppo to network mode first or not.

Is there a trick to getting the Oppo seen on the network? I am hardwired and can easily pick up my FLAC server on my network through the Oppo. Having trouble with the push I cannot get JRiver to output to the Oppo. I have also tried a few iPhone apps (Sitecom) that sees the DLNA servers but has no Oppo output option. Sitecom can see every other device in the house including all the TV's, iPad's, iPhone's

Note: I put the Oppo in Network mode

Any help will be appreciated. This would be a great solution for me

Note: The Oppo showed up finally in JRiver (as the Oppo BDP-95??). Nothing with Sitecom yet

post #1366 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
FMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Stereo Signal (Audio Processing) should be "Down-mixed Stereo" and SACD Priority (Playback Setup) should be set to STEREO.
SACD Mode can be set to DSD or PCM depending on your personal preference.

Thanks Neuro

Should I do anything particular in Speaker Config or ignore because it will have no effect on the RCA outputs at these settings?

post #1367 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Is there a trick to getting the Oppo seen on the network? I am hardwired and can easily pick up my FLAC server on my network through the Oppo. Having trouble with the push I cannot get JRiver to output to the Oppo. I have also tried a few iPhone apps (Sitecom) that sees the DLNA servers but has no Oppo output option. Sitecom can see every other device in the house including all the TV's, iPad's, iPhone's
Note: The Oppo showed up finally in JRiver (as the Oppo BDP-95??). Nothing with Sitecom yet

Sounds like you're having the same issue I keep asking about. I'm starting to wonder if I have a hardware issue. The kinsky app does see the 105 but it still doesn't actually work with it.
post #1368 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Speaker Configuration is only useful for the multi-channel analog outputs. It has not affect on the HDMI output or the dedicated stereo/XLR outputs.
post #1369 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 04:56 PM

Liked: 16
SUBWOOFER

My 105 is connected directly to a SimAudio power amp in my 2.0 channel system, and I am planning to add a Paradignm Reference Studio Sub 12 to become a 2.1 system.
My first question is whether this Subwoofer which has Input Sensitivity of 100mV mono and Impedance of 100k ohm (RCA) would be comopatible with Subwoofer output from 105?

My FL/FR channels are set for -10db trimning and L/R signals are output via XLR. Do I need to adjust my subwoofer volume and by how much?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
post #1370 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:09 PM

Liked: 10
I've had success playing files from an asset UPnP server and from WMP to the 105 using Kinsky on an iPad, and successfully used "play to" to play files from a Win7 laptop to the 105. As others have reported, Kinsky has some user interface quirks that make it less than ideal. I'd probably use the Win7 "play to" functionality more if it would stream FLACs.

Anyone find a good Kinsky-type app for the Kindle Fire?

Mike
post #1371 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

It has not affect on the HDMI output or the dedicated stereo/XLR outputs.

Neuro,

Why did Oppo configured the dedicated stereo for no adjustments? I am sure that Oppo has a reason.
post #1372 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:26 PM

Liked: 27
Picked up a BDP-105 last week - working through the learning curve of usage scenarios and figuring out what I want to do with it. My main objective was SACD / DVDA playback with hopes of also playing DVDA rips (and am glad that works). After hearing the sound of the Stereo DAC, I'm going to make it my Sonos DAC - at least for now it seems like it would be hard to go back to the Sonos DAC or Marantz DAC.

I'm replacing a Pioneer DV-45A universal player - I would have done the 103 until I started checking out the Pioneer's DAC and liked it and thought it would be good to have that option going forward.

My setup:

Marantz AV7071 / MM8077
Sonus Faber fronts, B&W surrounds , REL Sub - low grade Polk center that I need to replace. (It's a work in progress and a little random). And a pair of Mirage Outdoor speakers outside on the deck as Zone2.
Sonos music system on Buffalo NAS drive.
Small Sony 1080i DVI TV (with HDMI to DVI adapter). This system is currently not about video - obviously.

Just updated to beta - BDP10X-38-1205B - doesn't seem to affect me so far.

Initial feelings:

- excellent features
- great sound from the stereo DAC
- really nice remote and menu system
- for 5.1 audio I'll probably use the HDMI 2 signal so I get Audyssey - sometimes "pure" is interesting, but in general the EQ helps more than it hurts - I think.
- no SACD playback issues so far - not even on Gaucho that a previous poster had issues with, which makes me wonder what is up with that - different units behaving differently and at the time I first tried it, I was on the same firmware as he was.
- like the stereo mixdown on the stereo outs so I hear the entire audio for 5.1 sources on Zone2 - the Pioneer couldn't do that.

Issues:

- display of Music Navigation screen and YouTube screen are slightly outside of the viewing area (search on YouTube doesn't show the 1st letter). If I set the output to 480p and Zoom the TV (zoom wide I think), it looks fine. No big deal, but I'd like to know what is up with it - problem with the old TV or DVI or..?
- a few lock-ups that required a power off.
- figuring out all the options and settings implications (thank goodness for this discussion) - the manual is OK, but could be better.
- playing 5. FLAC DVDA rips over the wireless LAN is unreliable (files are huge even with a really good connection) - I need to run an Ethernet drop, but for now am just using a portable hard drive and that works fine.

Not bad - would definitely recommend it based on current experience.

I have read all 46 pages of this topic - some great information here!

Steve

Stephen Powell
post #1373 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:

I am probably the wrong person to even attempt to answer this question, but I will give it a try. I am using JR Rivers Media Center 18, 17 should be similar. I don't knwo why yours show up on your network as BPD-95, mine has always showed up as a BDP-105.

Here are my Oppo Network Settings.
Connection Information 192.xxx.xxx.xxx
BD-Live Network Access = Off
My Network = On
Gracenote Lookup = On
Internet Connection = Ethernet
IP Setting = Auto (DHCP)
Proxy Setting = Off

Under your Oppo Network Settings there is a Test Connection select. Make sure it works before going futher.

On Windows Explorer go to your network and find your Oppo. It should be there. Right click on it and select Media Streaming Options. Find your Oppo and choose allow streaming. You can customize it further, but I don't know squat about that.

In JR Rivers there should be an Advanded Tools selection under the Tools Menu. You will need to click to activate the Media Server.
Jr Rivers Menubar ->Tools -> Advanced Tools -> Media Server.

Hopefully everything is setup now. For testing purposes select a song, albulm or what ever and right click on it. On the pop up context menu, select Send To, and it will expand your selection, it should now show Play (Oppo BDP-10) which expands yet another menu, then let's you select play. Cilck on that and you should here some music coming from your system.

JR Rivers 17 menus may be a little different, but you should be able to navigate to the Media Server, that's the key I think to pushing your media to the Oppo.

You probably know most of what I have written, please don't take it that I am treating you like a novice. I am just showing the steps I took to get mine to work and I may have left something out. If I did leave something out, I appoligize in advance.
post #1374 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 78

Has anyone played the following song track from Bassotronics:

"Bass, I love You (320kbps)" ... i downloaded it for free on the web and will your subs will hate it, let alone the upstairs/downstairs neighborssmile.gif.

On another note, its amazing to watch youtube videos of i always thought were of so-so quality on my 3 yr old dell laptop which look much better(colors, contrast, noise) and cleaner on my 60" plasma TV through the 105! This is with default video settings from HDMI #1smile.gif!

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #1375 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Liked: 21
The "1200 Club"?

Just occurred to me earlier that there may be a "1200 Club" out there. Not that everything I've purchased was $1200 (or around that area), but there is kind of a trend. First was the Sony DVP-S7000, then the Pioneer DV-59AVi, and now the Oppo BDP-105. Sure there were some in-betweeners but that 1200 figure looms large in my legend :-)

Any other members?

PS. I still have the DVP-S700 and the DV-59AVi
post #1376 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

Neuro,
Why did Oppo configured the dedicated stereo for no adjustments? I am sure that Oppo has a reason.

If the stereo outs are configured as L/R and used for FL / FR, do the adjustments to FL / FR speakers apply? Seems like they should.

Stephen Powell
post #1377 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Just a basic question about the 105... is it dead quiet in operation? No annoying ticks or spin up/ storage sounds during cd playback. if I make this leap of faith, i'd be coming from a philips 963 that had annoying mechanical noise during cd playback.

I'm getting there....!!!
post #1378 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:

How long is your HDMI cable between the receiver and the projector? If you are running anything over 25' then you will likely experience HDCP handshaking errors. Try reducing the bandwidth load on the cable by setting the output resolution of the player to 480p and setting Deep Color (Video Setup->HDMI Options) to OFF.
Try also reducing the complexity of your HDMI chain by changing HDMI 1 for HDMI 2 for audio and video from the player to your receiver. It is possible that the video processor in-line on HDMI 1 is causing the errors.

Neuromancer, thanks for your reply. Sorry, we’re a bit late responding as have spent numerous hours trying to track down this problem and have been in email contact with OPPO Customer Service since posting yesterday.

The HDMI cable (Monoprice Redmere which we found gave a better picture and was easier to run than the previous cable) is 50’ from the OPPO BDP-105’s HDMI 1 out directly to the Sony projector. We have a 10’ HDMI cable connected from the 105’s HDMI 2 out to the Integra.

We did try changing the output resolution to 480p and the HDMI Options on HDMI 1 to YCbCr 4:4:4 at the suggestion of OPPO CS. Initially, it seemed to work but with going back and forth with other changes and playing BRs and CDs it stopped working when we went back to this configuration. Deep Color is OFF.

As to your last suggestion, the HDMI chain is as listed above. We have found that having an HDMI cable going from the 105’s HDMI I out to the Integra and then the 50’ cable going from the Integra to the Sony projector works. We were trying to see if we could get a better picture by going directly from the 105 to the Sony. Initial impressions were positive but of little or no concern now.

Under “no snow yet” Seattle skies, Gill & Alex
post #1379 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM

Liked: 22
Sinister1,

My 105 is dead quiet. It is amazing that it really doesn't make any noise. It is quieter than my Marantz BD7003 and quieter at start up than my Cambridge Audio 840C cd player. I'm really loving the 105; incredible sound and very involving picture.
post #1380 of 11453 Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi
I have an old Oppo 95 remote spare, and it doesn't seem to work with my new 105.
Is there some pairing or other action I need to do to make it work?

Thanks
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page