Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 58 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

So, am i out of luck storing DVD files on my NAS or server? I can't have the Oppo access them directly at all?

You can browse to the VOB files and the player will play those directly, in order, with a slight pause in between files.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the dedicated analog RCA R&L hooked up, as well as the HDMI for Bluray/DVD and a coax digital out (that is for combing w Direct tTV picture w CD, for football with music). No question, the analog is beautiful, rich, full ,warm, (insert positive adjective of choice) . I had a Oppo 980 that I had set up the same way, huge improvement tin the 2 channel stereo. In fact, I used to route it through the AVR to "create" 5.1; that seemed to give more depth in the room, but now it just muddies it up. So yeah, it is wonderful for 2 channel. Even the girlfriend can hear it.
The Bluray is much nicer and faster than the old Denon I was using.
No SACD, DVD-A, or streaming to worry about.
Just upgraded the firmware, so will route the DirectTV video throught the Oppo, and hope the lip synch is solved. The picture was sharper when I tried it.
One question; is it worth it to hook the analog surrounds up for those few DVDs the are concert footage. Or just for better sound in general w Bluray? Or do I let the HDMI and AVR handle that? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

Quote:

So, am i out of luck storing DVD files on my NAS or server? I can't have the Oppo access them directly at all?

Not as DVD structures. You could convert them to MKV, either with or without additional compression. You can keep the original subtitles and audio, but no menus. One title per file.

Apart from the short-lived ISO support on the -93, OPPO has never supported DVD structures as media files. This is not exactly a secret.

-Bill

Thanks Bill ...MKV it issmile.gif!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Quote:

You can browse to the VOB files and the player will play those directly, in order, with a slight pause in between files.

Thanks ...Is this pause distracting or easily ignored?

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Old 12-26-2012, 12:50 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks Boyce ...all my analogs(XLR and MCH) are DSP processed as i use ARC as my room EQ on them. The XLR sound fine, the LF/RF sound odd where the image shifts when i switch between the RCAs and XLR.

Sure, my first thought was the wiring, so i first performed the speaker location test in the Oppo menu using its test tones and like i said before, it placed all the speakers correctly. Left tones came from the left speaker, Center tones from the center, Right tones from the right speaker, etc This proved the MCH were wired correctly. Ain't i correct in this?

Not quite... it could be mechanically out of phase within the cable and still be identified correctly by speaker position.

You should change cables completely to eliminate that as a possibility. I just had a similar experience with a mis-labeled speaker cable... took me several days figure out.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoc1987 View Post

I have the dedicated analog RCA R&L hooked up, as well as the HDMI for Bluray/DVD and a coax digital out (that is for combing w Direct tTV picture w CD, for football with music). No question, the analog is beautiful, rich, full ,warm, (insert positive adjective of choice) . I had a Oppo 980 that I had set up the same way, huge improvement tin the 2 channel stereo. In fact, I used to route it through the AVR to "create" 5.1; that seemed to give more depth in the room, but now it just muddies it up. So yeah, it is wonderful for 2 channel. Even the girlfriend can hear it.
The Bluray is much nicer and faster than the old Denon I was using.
No SACD, DVD-A, or streaming to worry about.
Just upgraded the firmware, so will route the DirectTV video throught the Oppo, and hope the lip synch is solved. The picture was sharper when I tried it.
One question; is it worth it to hook the analog surrounds up for those few DVDs the are concert footage. Or just for better sound in general w Bluray? Or do I let the HDMI and AVR handle that? Thanks.

Better let the AVR handle the HDMI MCH content. If your AVR can decode the HD audio codecs, then set the Oppo to BitStream. If not, then then set it to LPCM

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
Old 12-26-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce89976 View Post

Quote:

Thanks Boyce ...all my analogs(XLR and MCH) are DSP processed as i use ARC as my room EQ on them. The XLR sound fine, the LF/RF sound odd where the image shifts when i switch between the RCAs and XLR.

Sure, my first thought was the wiring, so i first performed the speaker location test in the Oppo menu using its test tones and like i said before, it placed all the speakers correctly. Left tones came from the left speaker, Center tones from the center, Right tones from the right speaker, etc This proved the MCH were wired correctly. Ain't i correct in this?

Not quite... it could be mechanically out of phase within the cable and still be identified correctly by speaker position.

You should change cables completely to eliminate that as a possibility. I just had a similar experience with a mis-labeled speaker cable... took me several days figure out.

Hmm ...will do. Thanks Boyce ...

Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimshowalter View Post

Looking at a lot of the posts here and on the anticipation thread, I'm starting to wonder if a fairly large percentage of users have missed the point of the 105.
It doesn't make any sense to get a 105, then bypass its DACs and send the digital to a processor. For that, get a 103.
It makes even less sense to get a 105, use the DACs, send the analog output to a processor, reconvert the analog to digital, etc. Just get a 103.
The most-compelling reason to get a 105 is so the pristine and ever-so-wonderfully converted analog signal can be sent to power amps with the least amount of intermediate processing possible.
If you need room correction, and can't achieve that with the Oppo's speaker-distance and channel-trim settings and/or by adjusting your speaker locations and/or settings, get a 103.
If you have an old consumer processor and like the way it sounds, and just want to add a Blu-ray player, get something at Wal-mart. Even a 103 would be overkill.
If you want a headphone amp to drive ultra-low-impedance headphones past the threshold of pain, get a headphone amp.
The Oppo does a spectacular job of converting digital shiny disks and compatible stream formats into analog signals. Its specs rival anything on the market, and, IMHO, so does the way it sounds. But if the analog signals don't make sense in your configuration, then why get the 105 (and in particular, why get the 105 and then criticize it)?

After reading this, we reconnected the 105 directly to an Amp, took out the SSP from the setup and are now enjoying music and sounds more than ever before.

Thanks for your insight on taking full use of the DACs in the Oppo.

-Brian
Old 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimshowalter View Post

Looking at a lot of the posts here and on the anticipation thread, I'm starting to wonder if a fairly large percentage of users have missed the point of the 105.
It doesn't make any sense to get a 105, then bypass its DACs and send the digital to a processor. For that, get a 103.
It makes even less sense to get a 105, use the DACs, send the analog output to a processor, reconvert the analog to digital, etc. Just get a 103.
The most-compelling reason to get a 105 is so the pristine and ever-so-wonderfully converted analog signal can be sent to power amps with the least amount of intermediate processing possible.
If you need room correction, and can't achieve that with the Oppo's speaker-distance and channel-trim settings and/or by adjusting your speaker locations and/or settings, get a 103.
If you have an old consumer processor and like the way it sounds, and just want to add a Blu-ray player, get something at Wal-mart. Even a 103 would be overkill.
If you want a headphone amp to drive ultra-low-impedance headphones past the threshold of pain, get a headphone amp.
The Oppo does a spectacular job of converting digital shiny disks and compatible stream formats into analog signals. Its specs rival anything on the market, and, IMHO, so does the way it sounds. But if the analog signals don't make sense in your configuration, then why get the 105 (and in particular, why get the 105 and then criticize it)?

OTOH, I opted for the 105 specifically because of the USB and network inputs for streaming.  Controlling the stream from MC17, I can send hi-rez and MCH files to the Oppo and relay them via HDMI to my processor.  As another has said (http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread/1680#post_22743083), this is way better than using the Oppo (any Oppo) for control.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1253 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:

No need to change cables. Just use an ohmmeter and make sure there is continuity between pin2-pin2 (same again for pin 3) of the XLRs on both ends. Sometimes pins 2/3 get swapped.

Deadwood Atmos theater
AV7702 Atmos 7.4.4, SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4
Aerial Acoustics 7B/CC3B fronts, B&W CWM8180 surrounds, Tannoy Di6 DC heights, Hsu ULS-15 subs
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

I finally gave in and sold my 83se after getting the 105.frown.gif

What difference did you find when listening to the stereo analog outputs?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD View Post

Rich - I am having success via JRiver's DLNA as well as dbpoweramp's Asset

I see them as servers, but I am trying to push them to the 105 as a renderer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD View Post

I am really liking JRiver. Once MC18 sees the device: Make a simple playlist (IE All FLAC's). Right click that playlist/Send To/Play (Oppo BD-105)/Play (shuffled). Or download the JRemote software and control from there once you set-up/activate the DLNA server in JRiver. Much better than using the Network function on the Oppo

I have had some success adding the the playlist, but often, the 105 disappears from the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Blackburn View Post

A while back I said I would post some screen caps of Media Center 17 that showed how to set it up for "pushing" content to the 103/105 so you can use the interface in MC17 allowing the use of playlists, large libraries, etc.
In Tools>Options>Audio>Audio Output, the 2 choices changed by themselves once playback to the 105 was started... while playing content to the 105, the 2 settings say "Primary Sound Driver" and "Default Channels"

Image #1 shows what my MC17 looks like when I open it. There are a LOT of ways to configure MC17 so yours may look different but you should be able to get to this configuration with some poking around. This "appearance" is named "night" something as I recall.

Image #2 shows what happens when the 105 appears in the list of devices in the "Playing Now" area. In my system, the 105 is connected to a Lumagen Radiance video processor and the output of the Radiance processor goes to the video display and to an AudioControl surround processor. So the Radiance has to be turned on to pass audio to the surround processor... not surprising. Obviously the surround processor has to be on to get sound (as does the amp). But the 105 did not appear in the Playing Now list of devices until the Radiance video processor was turned on. It's as if the 105 was not on the network until there was a "live" HDMI connection to the 105. Not sure why that would be required since you might be using the analog outputs or coax to get your music from the 105. Perhaps there's something Oppo could do in a future firmware release to put the 105 "online" even if there isn't a "live" HDMI connection to the 105. I have not tried this with no HDMI connection to the 105 (no HDMI cable).

Image #3 shows what MC17 looks like while music is playing. Note that at the top center, the 105 is identified as the playback device along with the track name and other info.

Thanks for the detailed information. I will play with version 18 again later tonight.

I have had no luck getting the Foobar 2000 to find the 105.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A21 + A21 + A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
Old 12-26-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

I have had no luck getting the Foobar 2000 to find the 105.

I've had no problem using Foobar via DLNA or Asynchronous USB.

OPPO BETA GROUP
Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpendicular View Post

I've had no problem using Foobar via DLNA or Asynchronous USB.

Foobar worked well for me over DLNA after installing the appropriate plug-in. I've also had it work with the BubbleuPnp app for Android phones, Windows Media Player and Logitech Media Server.

Mostly I use it with LMS because I happen to use it with my Squeezebox Touch setup.

This weekend I hope to try it out with a Squeezebox Touch using the EDO real time kernel through USB. This may be a very good scenario for the Oppo.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

No need to change cables. Just use an ohmmeter and make sure there is continuity between pin2-pin2 (same again for pin 3) of the XLRs on both ends. Sometimes pins 2/3 get swapped.

I think it's his RCA cables he's having difficulty with, but I think an Ohm meter would work there too, if he has one. If he's like me, he has probably a dozen old RCA cables laying around that he could perform a quick test.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:

Thanks Bill ...MKV it is:) !

Thanks ...Is this pause distracting or easily ignored?

On the 103-105 players, the pause between files is very quick, maybe one second or less. Much quicker than previous models. (I've not tried this over SMB, only on attached storage.) Whether that slight pause is objectionable is up to you.
There is some value to keeping your DVDs in a full folder format in case you wish to burn them later to a DVD. You can also rip a DVD with a single large VOB if you wish.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Styln,

Thanks for the tip on Bubbleupnp. This is a great program. The only thing I had to do was download the free software on my wife's Galaxy Note II and that was it. My devices just showed up on the screen after about 15 seconds and now I can select my music from the Note II. I have a thumbdrive with some music loaded on it and that thumb drive is inserted into the USB slot on my Netgear Router as it shows up as well as my Denon A100. If the wife hadnt grabbed the phone I think my Poneer SC-67 will also show up. Many more things to explore now. I was contemplating itunes, ipads, AppleTV3 but no need now. Saved lots of money this way. When I get a chance I need to work on how to get the ASSET library to show up on the Note II. All this has been too easy. All my equipment including OPPO works flawless thusfar. If your ever in Indianapolis stop by for a free Opplegang beer.
Thanks
Dave
Old 12-26-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Yep, but what's your reason in doing this? The AVM50v will just play whatever sampling rate its given up to 192kHz. I'd instead make sure i use Hirez sources whenever possible but i don't want you to feel that you are missing out on musical detail due to lack of up-sampling to 192KHz on the 50v. Up-sampling doesn't add any new information to the original music. It simply makes the final filtering a little easier by using less steep analog filters which would prevent phase artifacts in the audible specrtrum.

dmusoke, you are clearly more learned than me when it comes to this stuff! Thank you for talking me off the ledge... I couldn't make the leap financially from the AVM 50v to the D2v, and was looking for a workaround to get close to the audio capabilities of the D2v. The reason for my initial question is that my entire music library is in iTunes (I know... mad.gif, but at least it's mostly lossless as it's ripped from CD), and was thinking the ability to upconvert it to 192khz would help improve the quality, along with the DACs in the OPPO, but your explanation makes more sense. What I am trying to figure out now, and the reason for my interest in the OPPO 105 (besides the balanced stereo outs) is the USB DACs... I just need to figure out what format/storage method I want to use as the source. I'm not married to iTunes, and wouldn't mind a dual storage/playback solution of iTunes (for already purshased music) and something else (I have a couple USB external drives, an iMac and Macbook Pro, any of which would probably work, right?).

Do you have any suggestions for an easy to use, audiophile, ripper that I could use to start re-ripping my CD collection to? Looks like I have some work ahead of me!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Liked: 14
^ Boyce,
If you are mostly Macs try XLD for ripping. Dbpoweramp seems to be a favorite for Windows folks. I also believe it is Wine friendly so it can be used on a Mac running Wine. You want to look at the formats supported by the Oppo. FLAC is supported and lossless.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlarson View Post

Foobar worked well for me over DLNA after installing the appropriate plug-in. I've also had it work with the BubbleuPnp app for Android phones, Windows Media Player and Logitech Media Server.
Mostly I use it with LMS because I happen to use it with my Squeezebox Touch setup.
This weekend I hope to try it out with a Squeezebox Touch using the EDO real time kernel through USB. This may be a very good scenario for the Oppo.

He shouldn't need a Plug-in to be able to see the Foobar Server within "Network". Also, no need for a plug-in unless one is trying to play specific files like multi-channel music tracks.

OPPO BETA GROUP
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think it's his RCA cables he's having difficulty with, but I think an Ohm meter would work there too, if he has one. If he's like me, he has probably a dozen old RCA cables laying around that he could perform a quick test.

Yes, my issue seems to be with the MCH RCA outs as the XLRs image exactly as the HDMI does, so i know i don't have a problem with them. I called up Blue Jeans Cable, who make my XLRs and asked them if it was possible they swapped pins 2 & 3. They said they are aware of that old pin configuration but once has to specifically ask for it during the ordering process and if not, then they just do a straight through pinout, where pin1 of male -> pin1 of female, etc.

And yea, i reversed the left/right cables on the Oppo MCH outputs and still the problem remained...

Anyway, i bypassed my pre-pro and went straight from the Oppo to my power-amp(Sunfire TGA7401, 400Wx7) and oh my, the sound was clean indeed. I compared both MCH RCA outs and XLRs into my amp and didn't notice any change whatsoever in the imaging as before. So the Oppo is in the clear on this one.

It seems there's something odd going on inside my pre-pro(Anthem D2v). When i toggle the room EQ (ARC) on/off one is supposed to hear a change in sound between the on/off states. but i don't seem to hear any (for stereo sources anyways) so that has caused me some concern a bit. I reloaded its latest beta FW and still problem persists. Anyways,need to figure out with mfgr what may be going on here.

Thank you all for the help you've given to my problem and for the patience you excised in trying to figure out why i just simply don't go awaytongue.gif!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:56 PM

^^Thanks Triweaver, I just downloaded XLD and am ripping a copy of Vice Verses by Switchfoot to FLAC now.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Yep, but what's your reason in doing this? The AVM50v will just play whatever sampling rate its given up to 192kHz. I'd instead make sure i use Hirez sources whenever possible but i don't want you to feel that you are missing out on musical detail due to lack of up-sampling to 192KHz on the 50v. Up-sampling doesn't add any new information to the original music. It simply makes the final filtering a little easier by using less steep analog filters which would prevent phase artifacts in the audible specrtrum.

dmusoke, you are clearly more learned than me when it comes to this stuff! Thank you for talking me off the ledge... I couldn't make the leap financially from the AVM 50v to the D2v, and was looking for a workaround to get close to the audio capabilities of the D2v. The reason for my initial question is that my entire music library is in iTunes (I know... mad.gif, but at least it's mostly lossless as it's ripped from CD), and was thinking the ability to upconvert it to 192khz would help improve the quality, along with the DACs in the OPPO, but your explanation makes more sense. What I am trying to figure out now, and the reason for my interest in the OPPO 105 (besides the balanced stereo outs) is the USB DACs... I just need to figure out what format/storage method I want to use as the source. I'm not married to iTunes, and wouldn't mind a dual storage/playback solution of iTunes (for already purshased music) and something else (I have a couple USB external drives, an iMac and Macbook Pro, any of which would probably work, right?).

Do you have any suggestions for an easy to use, audiophile, ripper that I could use to start re-ripping my CD collection to? Looks like I have some work ahead of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triweaver2 View Post

^ Boyce,
If you are mostly Macs try XLD for ripping. Dbpoweramp seems to be a favorite for Windows folks. I also believe it is Wine friendly so it can be used on a Mac running Wine. You want to look at the formats supported by the Oppo. FLAC is supported and lossless.

As triweaver2 has stated, shoot for a program that allows for lossless audio formats like FLAC which the Oppo natively reads. As for programs that rip to flac, i'll have to cede thisknowledge to the experts like triweaver2 and others. BTW, i have Dbpoweramp on my laptop but too scared to use ittongue.gif!

Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:

As triweaver2 has stated, shoot for a program that allows for lossless audio formats like FLAC which the Oppo natively reads. As for programs that rip to flac, i'll have to cede thisknowledge to the experts like triweaver2 and others. BTW, i have Dbpoweramp on my laptop but too scared to use it:p !

That's hilarious, D! I was a little nervous firing up XLD tonight for the first time too, but not as nervous as I'd have been if on a PC instead of a MAC. It's taken about 40 mins so far, with 4 songs completed and 4 about 1/2 way done... it's going to be time-intensive converting everything to FLAC, but hopefully worth it!

On another note, I have a dongle that converts the iPod dock connection to HDMI which I can use connected to one of the HDMI inputs on my AVM50, and it sounds okay playing Apple Lossless, but not quite what I think it could sound like using a better format via HDMI into the AVM50 or into the 105 using USB.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

I'm confused ...do you regret the decision?

It was my first Oppo.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 PM

Hello every body...i just sold my oppo BDP-95 and reieved oppo 105 on monday and and i am happy to make that switching decision. 95 was a brlliant player and 105 is one step forward towards sound quality.I have HSU VTF-15H directly hooked to the sw source on oppo panel and giving good define bass to my ears. great sounding machine i am done for some time.now i am learning to make FLAC and network things that i can use 105 DAC. i have not tried USB from my pc so don't know how that wil sound but this forum is quite positive.i have question about you guys , is that usb will work as AUX for all streaming audio on pc or not?.thanks and i am enjoying this 105...good job oppo....thx n bye.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

^ If the LF/RF speakers are set to Small, then the Sub in a 2.1 configuration needs +15dB boost -- usually done external to the player -- to match the RCA multi-channel outputs. Note that if you play a stereo SACD using DSD or play the Asynchronous USB DAC input, then there is no Crossover processing, so that LF/RF will be treated as if they were Large and the Sub will remain silent.
Since you are using the XLR outputs with Stereo Signal FRONT LEFT/RIGHT, you also need to take into account that XLR is the standard +6dB hotter than RCA. And so if you don't have the normal -6dB attenuation applied on the XLR inputs they are connected to, the Sub output will need a total of +21dB boost to match the XLR. You can set -6dB output trim in the OPPO for LF/RF as another way to get that attenuation.
In your case you set LF/RF to -10dB trim, which is -4dB more than the normal attenuation to match XLR to RCA. So you have +11dB boost left to match the RCA Sub output to the XLR LF/RF (Small) output. Accomplish that with the volume knob on your Sub.
--Bob

Bob Parisau,

Merry Chrismas to you and yours.

I set the Baseline with FL/FR speakers to LARGE with Test Tone from OPPO XLR to SimAudio XLR. Then, reset FL/FR to SMALL and Trim to -10db, and increased Sub volume by 11db to compensate 15db attenuation.

However, I am wondering whether I should have increased Sub volume by 5db instead of 11db since I used XLR output to establish the Baseline.

I believe boosting Sub volume by 11db is correct only If "test tone" from XLRs output same volume as RCA which is unlikely.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:

As triweaver2 has stated, shoot for a program that allows for lossless audio formats like FLAC which the Oppo natively reads. As for programs that rip to flac, i'll have to cede thisknowledge to the experts like triweaver2 and others. BTW, i have Dbpoweramp on my laptop but too scared to use it:p !

dBPoweramp and it's assorted suit of tools is fantastic. I'd call it a must have on Windows for managing a CD collection.

Stephen Powell
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Just ordered my 105! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:38 AM

Searched the thread and downloaded the user manual but did not find the answer to my question - Does the BDP-105 use a 12 db/octave subwoofer slope as did the BDP-95? On a related note is a steeper slope generally considered "better"?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

Jim showalter [...], I'm looking in my 105 manual and I cannot find where it says that the BDP-105 cannot or should not be used with a processor?

I didn't say that, but I did say that if you're going to take the pristine analog signal of the 105, digitize it, then re-analogize it, why do that? You can get a 103, stay in digital until you get to D/A in your processor of choice, and then go to analog.

If your processor has a true bypass, that's a different story.

My system? Google for: Martin Logan 420 CLX Descent Stage Summit

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player