Blu-ray Player With Good Internet Browser - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-07-2012, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've become overwhelmed looking for a product (Christmas gift) that can play Blu-ray, stream Netflix, and incorporates a fully functional browser, IOW one that can display most if not all of the content that a PC with IE9 can.

I settled on the Sony NSZ-GT1 as having the best features and keyboard-like remote but searching to actually buy one has revealed that it must not be in production anymore. There is talk of the next model, NSZ-GP9, but it apparently is still not for sale. I can't wait much longer due to the Christmas time crunch.

Sony has a site that is selling the GT1 as refurbished.

I will probably try that route if I don't hear of anything better but I am concerned that A) they are out of stock on the refurbished unit (the site hasn't been updated) + finding this out will cost precious time or B) the unit is totally unsupported and I will not have any support or recourse if it is defective.

Any thoughts on a all-in-one player as an alternative to this? I've heard nothing but bad things about browser function on other cheaper players like the Samsung BDE5900. If there was a product out there with a good browser that just needed a wireless keyboard to function well I'd be interested in knowing about it. I'm concerned about the browser not allowing flash updates and/or not getting necessary firmware updates over the life expectancy of the product to keep it at modern internet standards.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
The mods ask that we use the "OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE" thread for these types of queries.
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Nsz Gt1 Wi Fi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page