Oppo BDP105 problem with accessing computer hard drive over wifi - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having a problem with the 105 letting me into the "F" drive on my computer over wifi. I can get into the "C" drive with no problems, but when I do and try clicking on the "F" drive folder in the menu, it asks for a username and password. There is no username nor password assigned to my computer, period. Hence the access to the "C" drive. Why would it ask me to enter one for the "F" drive?

Called Oppo and they told me to assign a username and password to my computer and after doing so, it will let me in there when I type in the username and password. When I click on "Save," it does not save it. I have to re-type it every time I try to access it, even when going back and forth between the "C" and "F" drives, which is a real hassle.

I run Windows 7, 64-bit. I have ensured that all the "Share" settings are such that the drive is shared, and all the permissions are checked so it should work. All the security settings are also such that there are no restrictions that would keep it from allowing me to get into it.

I would really appreciate some help to get this corrected as most of my music files as well as a number of my concerts are on that drive.

Thanks,

WrongBrother
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Please direct Oppo questions to the dedicated Oppo thread.

Make sure you have set NTFS permissions on the drive to allow access, sounds like you have not done this. This is separate from sharing permissions. Drive properties - security tab.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

OK, right-click on Computer, right-click on "F" drive, click on Properties, click on Security.

Object Name: F:\

Group Or Usernames (All listed)

Permissions For Authenticated Users: All checked "Allow" for each of the groups and usernames.

Is that what you were referring to?

Thanks. I have them all checked to Allow and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

Where in New Mexico? I'm in Farmington.....
post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 215
If you're using guest account access (no password) for sharing, then you need an entry in those permissions for "everyone". Click on edit and add that. Otherwise I assume you'd use the "users" entry for permissions.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Wow!

Success! I had to go into all the security settings and add "Everyone" after which everything is working as it should.....thank you, thank you, thank you! I will call Oppo and let them know about this so future callers will not have to deal with this.

REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!

WrongBrother
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page