Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

Yes, this is my first post rolleyes.gif

I am building my first home Hi-Fi / Theatre system and plan to start with the Oppo BDP-105. I am very excited to get this baby, and plan to order in a couple days. It just feels like a new breed of stereo kit.

My quest is to build a very simple, good sounding system with the Oppo as the prime source, and I am budgetting for a pair of full-range towers and matched Amping/Processing equipment. Later, I will continue build to 5.1 surround when money allows. I have about I will play CD's, BluRays and will definetely I will take advantage of the USB input - probably purchase a small SSD just to tuck into my cabinet.

My goal is to keep 2-channel stereo as my primary mode of listening, but I want to be able to seamlessly transition to Surround for BluRay movies/concerts. Would appreciate your ideas for selecting the proper Surround Processing & Amping, so that this bad boy can best flex it's musclular fidelity.For all intents and purposes, I keep thinking that I should be able to avoid purchasing an AVR and instead go with some type of multi-channel amp or integrated amp setup, but this is pretty confusing to me.Is the Oppo "preamp" capability good enough for a very good sounding system?

Please forgive me if this topic has been covered...would appreciate being directed to some threads or webpages, if so.

Much appreciated for any leads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Welcome to AVS, Please post your question in the Oppo 105 thread. Yes, it has been posted there. The first post has links to many topics.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 3 Old 12-23-2012, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will do, thanks!
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page