Universal BD player with Amazon video? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
(Apologies if there is an existing thread for this - searching for "Amazon" or "universal" yields a lot of hits but I can't see a thread specifically for this.)

I'm about to jump into the 3D game and will be looking for a 3D capable BD player. One of the things that I enjoy about my current Sony BD player is that it does Amazon streaming video. I don't use it a lot, but with a Prime membership it's definitely nice to have access to. I'm also planning to replace an older SACD/DVD-A unit and basically consolidate disc playback into one device. (I also have an Apple TV that I use for Netflix and streaming my music from iTunes - would be nice if all the streaming could be there but of course Apple's never going to support Amazon.) However, none of the universal players I am finding from Oppo, Denon, Cambridge etc. seem to have Amazon video. It looks like the best answer is an Oppo BD-103 with the Roku MHL connected stick. That's not a bad solution but I want to be sure I cover my bases, as this will be a big purchase planned to keep long term.

I see Amazon's list of devices, and the only BD players listed are from LG, Panasonic, Sony and Vizio - so I think that's probably the answer to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Mods ask that questions be directed to the Help Me Choose thread. The Oppo supports MHL so you could add a ROKU stick for $49.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/959985/official-help-me-choose-a-player-thread-cant-decide-start-here

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page