Denon DBT 3313 Owner's Thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 345 Old 04-26-2015, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
I just got a notice to download and install new firmware for my 3313UDCI. Does anyone know where there's a changelog that explains what the new firmware fixes?
Somebody posted this on another forum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	686873  

Denon AVR-X7200WA | Monitor Audio Silver 8 (2) Apex A40 (1) & A10 (4) | Onkyo Modules (4) | Paradigm Seismic 110 (2) | Panasonic TX-P65VT65B | Denon DBT 3313 | Audiolab M-pwr

7.2.4 Atmos Configuration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 345 Old 06-03-2015, 10:22 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I bought this player yesterday, updated the firmware today, and now it refuses to read any discs. Constantly tells me there is no disc. Anyone experience anything similar? I'm taking it back tomorrow should I ask for a replacement or should I have them fix it?
post #333 of 345 Old 06-03-2015, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobiousblack View Post
So I bought this player yesterday, updated the firmware today, and now it refuses to read any discs. Constantly tells me there is no disc. Anyone experience anything similar? I'm taking it back tomorrow should I ask for a replacement or should I have them fix it?
Something badly wrong. Get a replacement.

Denon AVR-X7200WA | Monitor Audio Silver 8 (2) Apex A40 (1) & A10 (4) | Onkyo Modules (4) | Paradigm Seismic 110 (2) | Panasonic TX-P65VT65B | Denon DBT 3313 | Audiolab M-pwr

post #334 of 345 Old 07-11-2015, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post
Something badly wrong. Get a replacement.
Bought my player today and updated to latest (European) firmware.
Great picture.
Love how it plays my cd's. Very detailed and great soundscape.
I have connected through hdmi amp out (digital) and also through RCA interconnect (analog).

Biggest problem I am facing right now: I can't get it to play SACD through the digital hdmi output. I get no sound at all.
I have read the manual and tried what it says about the disc layer, but no luck at all.
Other settings applied, still no sound.
I have (analog) sound through the analog output but not the hd content on the disc.
It is a hybrid sacd I am trying at the moment.

Any help or advice is welcome.
post #335 of 345 Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Is the player set to bitstream?

post #336 of 345 Old 07-13-2015, 02:00 PM

Liked: 13
It should not make any difference, the manual says that

Quote:
When a device that does not support DSD is connected to
the HDMI OUT AMP or MONITOR connector, linear PCM
signals are output from the HDMI OUT connector.
so whatever the settings are it should work. unless the receiver claims it supports DSD and in fact doesn't. Alternatively the receiver may not support the frequency and bit rate of the pcm output (24bit, 88.2kHz).

Without info on the gear to which the player is connected, it is hard to tell.
Gerhard_Bader likes this.

post #337 of 345 Old 07-17-2015, 04:20 AM

My receiver is the new Cambridge Audio CXR 120.
It claims it plays dsd through hdmi.
("The CXR supports playback of ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+ and OGG Vorbis, all at 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz (via network and USB hard drives. DSD is supported from the HDMI inputs.")

The Denon is set to output bitstream.

So why no sound of my hybrid sacd through hdmi?
What about choosing the layer of the hybrid sacd as mentioned in the manual.
How do you guys go about that.
I choose multi and then stereo (for the hd content of the disc) but that doesn't seem to work.
post #338 of 345 Old 07-18-2015, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchris04 View Post
I'm using this player to play Blu-ray rips in MKV format from a NAS drive across the network. (Ripped using MakeMKV)

Everything is working perfectly except for one thing: Dolby TrueHD audio format. I am able to play DD, DTS, DTS-MA, and PCM. Whenever I play a movie that has Dolby True HD, I get an error on the player that says "Unsupported Audio - Audio format not supported"

It plays fine directly from a blu-ray but not from any attached media. The MKV file does play fine in other players, so there is nothing wrong with the file itself.

Anybody else having similar issues?
Yes I'm having exactly the same issue. MKV plays fine with DTS etc... but not DolbyTrueHD for some reason. I get the same audio not supported message on this machine and it streams fine to other machines.

Thankfully most discs are in the DTS HD format.

post #339 of 345 Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does this unit have "Wi-Fi" built in?

Best Buy.com has it listed as being Wi-Fi capable, but I can not find any information on Denon's website...
post #340 of 345 Old 08-10-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k elone View Post
Does this unit have "Wi-Fi" built in?

Best Buy.com has it listed as being Wi-Fi capable, but I can not find any information on Denon's website...
Hi!

No it doesn't have wifi built-in. The unit has an ethernet port (100Mb) and that's it.

I am not sure what best buy mean by wi-fi capable other than you can plug a wifi access point in client mode to the ethernet port, which, ok, is correct but rather goes without saying if you have an ethernet port.

I don't think the unit is compatible with any wifi usb dongle.

Hope this helps

post #341 of 345 Old 08-15-2015, 10:39 AM

So I come back from a month long trip and have my home theater surprise me with some issues. I can't seem to figure out why my denon player is refusing to send a dts signal it's sending pcm only even though bitstream is selected in the setting and the discs I'm playing at are dts hd, right before I left I saw the same movie I'm trying now and there was no issues. All I did was turn everything off for a month including the electricity. Anyways any idea what this could be?
post #342 of 345 Old 08-15-2015, 10:43 AM

Mobile version of this site doesn't allow me to edit my posts, anyways it's not just dts I tried Dolby as well all it is sending is a PCm signal. I know it's not my avr because I played dts and Dolby movies from my PC and the signal is being send correctly.
post #343 of 345 Old 08-19-2015, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicminded View Post
So why no sound of my hybrid sacd through hdmi?
What about choosing the layer of the hybrid sacd as mentioned in the manual.
How do you guys go about that.
I choose multi and then stereo (for the hd content of the disc) but that doesn't seem to work.
I experimented a lot with those settings and discovered the reason was my TV connected to the HDMI MONITOR caused the conversion to PCM, as it doesn't support DSD.

Disconnecting or even just switching off the TV solved the problem for me. [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
post #344 of 345 Old 08-22-2015, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Hello there! I'm in the market for a bluray player. What's a good price for a used 3313? Are you happy with yours? Thanks!
post #345 of 345 Old Today, 02:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melquiades View Post
Hello there! I'm in the market for a bluray player. What's a good price for a used 3313? Are you happy with yours? Thanks!
Hi,

What are you after for your blu-ray player? just blu-ray movies? dvds? Would you use it as a music player as well? Also what are you planning on connecting it to? and AVR? if so which one?

The 3313 is so much more than just a blu-ray player.

From the video point of view, full hd sources are very well reproduces. If you also have DVD, it does a brilliant job at upscaling. so from a video player you can't fault it.

I mainly use mine as an audio player (sacd, dvd-audio, cd or blu-ray audio) and paired with my x4000 it sounds amazing. I would use it more as a network player, which it can also do, but the lack of gapless playback is very annoying for the type of music I listen to.

You can also play video file from either USB or network dlna server. I have tried it and it works fine but I have another system that does the same so I tend to use that instead.

All in all it is a very versatile machine that will play wonderfully every thing you throw at it.

If you are only going to use it as a blu-ray player, I feel it is rather overspec'ed and you might want to consider a simpler and cheaper player.

Price-wise, I am not sure what the player goes for these days, I bought mine over a year ago, and I am based in Europe so my experience is probably not that relevant.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Blu Ray Disc Player Dbt 3313udci , Blu Ray Players , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread