Cambridge 751BD, 1080i through analog component outputs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-01-2013, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I am looking to upgrade to the Cambridge 751BD (from the 650BD). Has anyone tried the component outputs? Does it transmit 1080i for Blu Ray, or is it limited to 480P like some of the newer Blu Ray players?

I asked Cambridge customer support. I could not get a straight answer. They say officially it is limited to 480P, like my 650BD (which isn't limited). But to check with my dealer. The dealer says it does 1080i, because he saw it written in the manual. The manual also says it does 1080P over the component output, which is an obvious mistake.

Bottom line is, my HDTV has no HDMI inputs. If I want 1080i, I need it to be output through the analog component output. The 751BD is being liquidated at 899$, which is a great price. But, if it cannot do 1080i over the component output, I will unfortunately have to pass on this deal...

If anyone has tried the component output, I would be very happy to know your results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 126
There's a dedicated thread for the Cambridge. Mods ask that you direct your question there: It might already have been answered.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1355943/opinions-on-the-cambridge-audio-azur-751bd

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Closed Thread Blu-ray Players

Tags
Cambridge Audio Azur 751bd 3d Compatible Universal Blu Ray Player Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page