MKV files wont play on my TV. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am looking for some help. I have a 3tb external HDD and I download movies and series that are most commonly in .avi format and .mkv format. The avi files play fine however the mkv files don't.

I have researched my TV and found that it is not mkv compatible, to upgrade to a mkv compatible TV is very expensive clocking in at just over 1500 euros.

A friend told me to look for media players. I have been looking for one and get two common results a dedicated multimedia player and Blu-ray players.

I was wondering if it is possible for me to get a 3D Blu-ray player(my TV is a 3D LED) and connect my external through it, thus making the Blu-ray player my media player, as on the players specifications it states that it plays mkv files and supports usb and external HDD playback?

If it is not possible to use the blu-ray as the media player, should I look for 3D multimedia players or would a normal full HD 1080p one work fine as the TV has the function of overlaying the images if it recognises the source as 3D?

This got me as 3D Blu-ray players are about 20-30% cheaper and for a recognised brand(Sony, LG etc.) however I don't want to fork out 100 euros and it doesn't work and go back and forth for a 30 euro difference, while using up that 30 euro saving, on time and transport costs.

In my home currency 30 euros is a huge difference, that's why the questions sorry if it seems miniscule.

Thank you.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page