Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100 and BDP-S5100 - Page 103 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3061 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the Sony BDP-S1100, and an analog TV with RF and composit inputs.
I mistakenly thought that the Coaxial Digital output on this unit was for connecting to a DTV, but should have known better since the connectors did not match.
Still, I purchased a Digital to Analog TV converter. When I connected it up, it obviously did not work.
Besides using the HDMI output and connecting to the appropriate TV, is there any method I could use to connect this player to the analog TV?

Also: Is the Digital Coaxial output on this player for audio only, or does it also carry video signals?

Thanks

CP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I am pretty sure digital coax is only for audio. I've never used it personally, but that is my understanding.

When you say analog TV, you must be talking about a very old set? I've never used any of those converters, but they can get weird on a guy.
Ph8te likes this.
post #3063 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 243
You should dump that analog TV long time ago. New BD players are going the way of remove any analog A/V output. Sony is among the first to do so. Besides, what's the point to connect a HD BD player to an analog video to a TV that can only display SD resolution

The coax output is for outputting digital audio only. Digital to analog converter is probably for connecting OTA broadcasting signals you receive from the antenna. Converting HDMI to analog will probably cost you more than that TV is worth.
Ph8te likes this.
post #3064 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp2014 View Post
Also: Is the Digital Coaxial output on this player for audio only, or does it also carry video signals?
The only digital coax output I have seen on Blu-ray players are digital audio output, and apparently the model you have is no different. So, no, there aren't any video signals on that port.

Quote:
I have the Sony BDP-S1100, and an analog TV with RF and composite inputs.

Besides using the HDMI output and connecting to the appropriate TV, is there any method I could use to connect this player to the analog TV?
As Foxbat121 said, the easiest way would be to get a more recent TV that has a HDMI port (preferably at least 2 HDMI ports). A HDTV (or HD projector) is the only good way to enjoy a Blu-ray disc, and I found it to be the only good way to enjoy a movie shot with an aspect ratio of 1.78:1 or 2.35:1 in its original aspect ratio. The old 1.33:1 TVs made it hard to enjoy 1.78:1 or 2.35:1 movies framed the way the Producer had intended them to be viewed, ending up compromising by a shorter picture with letterbox bars or by throwing away the sides of the picture. It wasn't until I got my first HDTV and Blu-ray player to feed it that I became a fan of viewing movies at home in their original aspect ratio and when I rewatched several titles in their original aspect ratio instead of pan-and-scan (throwing away the sides), I realized I had missed part of the story the Director intended me to see.

A HDMI-to-composite converter costs a good chunk of cash, and most won't handle HDCP and would probably be useless for playing Blu-ray discs from most studios. I think you will find that most such converters get mixed reviews, so if you are going to try that route, be sure that you can return it if it doesn't perform as you expect.

Buying a DVD player with a composite video output would be the cleanest way to feed a standard-definition TV with a composite input and would avoid the search for and the price of a HDMI-to-composite converter that handles HDCP. But then of course the down side would be that it won't play Blu-ray discs, but just DVDs and selected CDs.

My bottom-line recommendation: Either (best viewing enjoyment) get a modern HDTV that takes HDMI from the Blu-ray player or (inexpensive) get a DVD player with a composite output that you can connect to the TV.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #3065 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100 and BDP-S5100

Audio only. It is actually SPDIF format over electrical connection. The other option is via optical connection.

RX-A3030 | Usher MD2 + Klipsch RB51 | Sony BDP-S5100 | HTPC
Zone 2 | Heco Victa 702
Zone 3 | Audiolab 8000A | Rogers LS6a
post #3066 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 11:26 AM

Guys - Thanks for your replies;
After I posted here, I got an e-mail from my brother informing me that he had purchased a new TV for my dad.
Now all I need to do is buy the HDMI cables.

CP
post #3067 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
After I posted here, I got an e-mail from my brother informing me that he had purchased a new TV for my dad.

Great! Now just don't overspend for HDMI cables.

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray players (Sony BDP-S3100, old LG BD390), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (25Mbps/5Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.
post #3068 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

CP
One word. Monoprice
post #3069 of 3088 Old 08-29-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Newegg has some 10' and 15' ones on sale for $3-$3.50 shipped. There's a thread on slickdeals. I just bought several.
post #3070 of 3088 Old 08-30-2014, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

If you buy your player from Costcoor Sam's Club, it comes with free HDMI cable inside.
post #3071 of 3088 Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121 View Post
If you buy your player from Costcoor Sam's Club, it comes with free HDMI cable inside.
I bought mine from Target and it did too. And it was a pretty blue/black braided one. Which separates it from my more boring Monoprice ones
post #3072 of 3088 Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
I bought mine from Target and it did too. And it was a pretty blue/black braided one. Which separates it from my more boring Monoprice ones
But is it any good? I rarely use the HDMI cable that comes with devices. Although I recently used the ones that came with my XBOnes and PS4. The PS4 cable was a POC. I ended up trashing it since it casued issues. Once I repalced it with a monoprice cable, everything was fine. Although I haven't run into any issues with the XBOne cables. The included HDMI cables I just keep around to throw in a box if I sell an item.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3073 of 3088 Old 09-02-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
But is it any good? I rarely use the HDMI cable that comes with devices. Although I recently used the ones that came with my XBOnes and PS4. The PS4 cable was a POC. I ended up trashing it since it casued issues. Once I repalced it with a monoprice cable, everything was fine. Although I haven't run into any issues with the XBOne cables. The included HDMI cables I just keep around to throw in a box if I sell an item.
I think so. I was having some issues, but it ended up being a back connection off my AVR. So I had it already swapped out, and didn't swap back. But I used it for my cable HD-DTA, which looks fine
post #3074 of 3088 Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
S5100 Playback problems

I've never had much need for Blu Ray, but I finally got around to adding one to my system after receiving Game of Thrones S3 in BR as a gift. Bought an S5100 from Amazon. Setup was easy, including installation of the most recent firmware, which was released about a week ago.

Anyway, started in on GoT S3, ep 1...and about halfway thru the episode, my screen suddenly went black, then started a sporadic pattern where the bottom half of the screen would briefly flash magenta, then back to full-screen black, back to bottom-half magenta...plus a few little green sprites flashing around the edges. The player at this point was unresponsive to all control except for "power off".

On restart, I was able to get to the same place on the disk...and slightly beyond it...but then the problem recurred. Another restart, this time I was able to play normally thru the rest of the episode.

I did some reading on Blu Ray problems the next day, and did a little tinkering with settings, and confirmed that my firmware was current. Checked all the cable connections.

The next night, on to episode 2...you guessed it...after only about 5 minutes of watching, same problem. At this point, I gave up in disgust, just switched over to Roku for a different show.

Two nights later, thought I would give a regular DVD a shot in the player. Got most of the way thru an old episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer...and....same problem recurred again. But, no recurrence on restart, and I was able to finish the episode.

The rest of my system is a Denon AVR-2807, Panasonic TH-50PHD8 w/ the HDMI input card, and numerous other components that aren't relevant. HDMI cables are from Monoprice.

Any ideas what is going on, and how to fix it?
Thanks!
post #3075 of 3088 Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Try turn off the deep color and try again. If it persists, you have a bad player. Otherwise, I found deep color causes a lot of issues for me especially on 24p output mode with my new TV (an LG OLED) but ok with my previous quite old DLP (60p only).
post #3076 of 3088 Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, Sony doesn't work well with cheap HDMI switches. If you have any of those, take them out of the loop.
post #3077 of 3088 Old 09-03-2014, 06:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 751
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Also, Sony doesn't work well with cheap HDMI switches. If you have any of those, take them out of the loop.
What is considered cheap? All my HDMI switches only cost a few dollars to at most $20. My two S5100s, two S6200's, and PS4 all work fine with them in deep color mode.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3078 of 3088 Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I have a 5 port $20 no-name switch that worked with everything except my newest Sony players (old x90 series players still worked fine). The picture just flashes on and off during BD playback. My cheap 3 port and 2 port switches did the same (all extremely cheap). Moot point for me now since I got a new AVR with HDMI. Just putting that out there since OP is having somewhat similar issues.
post #3079 of 3088 Old 09-04-2014, 10:05 AM

My brother purchased a Supersonic SC-1311 TV for this setup. It's a 13", which fits nicely in the spot we had for it. I hooked it up using DVI cables to both the Optimum TV box and the Sony DVD player, using a Portta 3X1 HDMI switch. Funny that when I tried the switch with only the DVD player connected to port #1 (or any of the 3 ports), the blue light kept flashing, and no signal was passed through. But when I hooked up the Optimum box to port #2 , with the DVD player on port #1 , it works fine. This switch has an input for 5V power, but did not come with the power adapter. Instruction says that for normal use the external 5V is not required. But I suppose that the Sony DVD player could not supply the 5V, but the Optimum cable box does.
The switch has a priority feature - the device connected to port #1 has priority over the two other ports. I connected the DVD player to port #1 , so when it is turned on, the TV displays its output automatically. So long as the DVD player is turned off when not in use, the cable box gets routed to the TV. This little switch came with a remote too, but my dad doesn't understand the remotes he already has, so adding one more would have thrown him more confusion.

Now, I have one more problem. The Optimum remote will not work properly with the Supersonic TV. I am able to turn the TV on and off (although it takes two presses of the TV button on the remote to turn it on or off), but not to control the volume.
I want to buy a learning remote. I found one on Amazon.
AmerTac - Zenith ZC600 6-Device Universal Learning Remote

http://www.amazon.com/AmerTac-Zenith...cm_cr_dpwidget

I believe this remote will do the job of all the remotes my dad now has, but I would like to get some input here before purchasing it.

Thanks for your help.

CP
post #3080 of 3088 Old 09-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Still having same problem

Thanks to Foxbat121, mdavej and aaronwt for your suggestions. I went back to my player and tried resetting everything back to factory defaults, confirmed once again that I have the current firmware, and then disabled the deep color. This didn't work, problem recurred 3 times in a row.

I have also gone back in and tried "dumbing down" the player's settings as much as possible, changing all of the video settings from their default of "auto" to things like YCbCr=4:2:2, 3d="off", etc. This didn't help either.

FWIW - I don't have an HDMI switch in this signal path, it's just S5100 ===> monoprice HDMI cable ====> Denon 2807 ====> monoprice HDMI cable ====> Panasonic monitor.

Anyway, it sounds like I may simply have a bad player...unless anybody has any other ideas of things I can try???
Thanks again.
post #3081 of 3088 Old 09-04-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 34
As a test, could you hook the player directly to the TV and see if you have the same issues? That will at least tell if the Denon could be causing problems.
Ph8te likes this.

Need help with your Motorola DVR? Check the Wikibook: How to use a Motorola DVR
post #3082 of 3088 Old 09-05-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_avs View Post
Thanks to Foxbat121, mdavej and aaronwt for your suggestions. I went back to my player and tried resetting everything back to factory defaults, confirmed once again that I have the current firmware, and then disabled the deep color. This didn't work, problem recurred 3 times in a row.

I have also gone back in and tried "dumbing down" the player's settings as much as possible, changing all of the video settings from their default of "auto" to things like YCbCr=4:2:2, 3d="off", etc. This didn't help either.

FWIW - I don't have an HDMI switch in this signal path, it's just S5100 ===> monoprice HDMI cable ====> Denon 2807 ====> monoprice HDMI cable ====> Panasonic monitor.

Anyway, it sounds like I may simply have a bad player...unless anybody has any other ideas of things I can try???
Thanks again.
as its been suggested take the Denon out of the loop. That way you can either confirm or deny that the AVR is the cause. Also, what type of HDMI cables from monoprice are you using? The Redmere? A mix of different cable types? If possible youll also want to swap out the HDMI cables to see if this is the cause (if problem still persists with the Denon out of the loop. Since your TV is a commercial monitor and uses an add on HDMI card, it could be something there.. There are lots of "in-betweens" to check and "take out" to ensure what is actually causing the issue you're seeing. If possible I would also take the player to another TV or monitor to see if the issue still occurs. The more things you can TS by taking out or swapping the better the troubleshooting will go.
post #3083 of 3088 Old 09-18-2014, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i have S5100 and after latest sw-update i have been having a problem
with subtitles: when subtitles appear picture freezes for a 1/10th of a second.
without subs pic is ok.

anyone else having similar problem and does any player setting help with this ?

tv and netflix works fine, tv is Pana ST60

thanks
post #3084 of 3088 Old 09-28-2014, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why is my Blu-Ray video track freezing up?

I just got a refurb Sony BDP-BX110. I'm very happy with the video and audio, with one exception. Last night while it was playing a DVD, my projector's video froze into a still-frame image while the audio track (which I'm running via coax audio to my receiver) kept on going. I unplugged the HDMI cable which had come with the player, re-plugged it immediately, and the video reset itself in synch with the audio. The rest of the film played fine.

Tonight I tried out the player's Netflix streaming capabilities. Once again -- this time very early in the streamed film -- the video froze up. Plugged and re-plugged the HDMI cable, and the rest of the film played flawlessly.

I have yet to try swapping out the HDMI cable. The HDMI port on the projector has never given me trouble before, but I was using a different cable. Just to cover all my bases, though, can anyone tell me whether this model of player has a known issue that would correspond with this symptom?
post #3085 of 3088 Old 10-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Double post, sorry.

Last edited by blackbyers; 10-02-2014 at 06:33 PM.
post #3086 of 3088 Old 10-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Hi there. Something about the way I have my S4100 integrated in my AV setup is confusing me. I wonder if somebody could possibly help me figure it out? Before getting started I just wanted to point out HD audio codecs are not relevant in any of this. Just AAC 5.1/2.0, DTS 5.1, DD 5.1 /2.0 & LPCM.

I am currently running a slightly complicated AV setup (something I have changed to recently). I am using a SONY STR-DN1030 AV Receiver to power my center, rears and sub and I am using a 2.0 integrated amplifier (Pioneer) to power my fronts. Back when I was using the STR-DN1030 to power all my speakers exclusively (my last main setup) I had said setup working perfectly as obviously it is simple enough to work with 5.1 and a HDMI receiver.

The STR-DN1030 does not have a proper, powered Zone 2. It just has Zone 2 line outs that will only send anything that is connected to the DN1030 via analogue RCA connection. Specifically the SACD/CD analogue input. So HDMI, Optical, Coax inputs will not be output to Zone 2 (Pioneer) or from any other analog input other than SACD/CD as far as I am aware.

When 'Zone 2' is selected on the DN1030 any audio that is connected to that SACD/CD input via RCA can be sent to my Pioneer amplifier (audio specs permitting). When 'Zone 2' is in operation on the DN1030 I can still select any other input on the receiver that is connected via HDMI without interrupting/stopping that SACD/CD 'Zone 2' audio output. Eg, I can listen to my CD player while watching a Blu-Ray, something I was not able to do when using just the DN1030 (unless of course if I connected the BDP to another HDMI port on the TV but that defeats the point of having an AVR!).

Anyway, basically once the receiver is in uninterrupted 'Zone 2' playback mode I can still change to 'Blu-Ray', 'Game' etc (HDMI connection) and I can view said input on my HDTV and the 1030 will also output the HDMI audio from said source to its connected speakers.

Obviously I have more than one device that needs to be connected to that SACD/CD input at any one time, otherwise this setup is very counter-productive (changing connections etc).

So instead of using a splitter or constantly changing RCA connections (that and most devices don't even have RCA out these days) I am using my SONY MDS-JB920 MiniDisc deck as both an external DAC (using its very good record loop) & as a Digital Audio Hub/Switch (thanks to it having three digital inputs and one analogue input).

My PS4, XBOX 360, CD Player & WDTV Media Player all share OPT1 input on the MD deck (not all connected at once, I just connect the one that is in use)
My iMac exclusively connects to OPT2 input on the MD deck.
My SONY S4100 exclusively connects to the COAX input on my MD deck.
My SONY BM10 Bluetooth Receiver exclusively connects to the analogue input on my MD deck.

Analogue output on MD deck goes to that SACD/CD input on the DN1030 and the DN1030 analogue 'Zone 2' output goes to the Pioneer amplifier....still with me?

All the above input devices are also connected to my STR-DN1030 via HDMI (excluding iMac & bluetooth obviously) which is what enables me to get sub, rear and center support.

Why am I running such a complicated setup you may ask? Because my Pioneer combined with the MD deck as an external DAC outperforms my receiver with 2 channel music in every possible way and I always want my front speakers connected to the pioneer for this very reason. At the same time I also want to enjoy HDMI switching, a Subwoofer and surround sound for games and movies. There are also some other benefits specific to my needs I won't get into as they are not important to my question.

A receiver with a proper dedicated, functioning Zone 2 would be a better option I know but I don't feel like buying a new one just for that feature alone....anyway, I digress.

Basically the issue I have run into is this (trust me I am getting to the S4100 soon) -

The SONY MD Deck can only accept 2.0 LPCM audio (digital/analogue connection). It cannot decode anything else. It can receive 44.1/48 LPCM as far as I am aware.

So basically if I set any input device (PS4, 360, S4100, WDTV etc) to output its audio as LPCM the MD deck will send that to my pioneer no problem, that is the way I had always been using it. It sometimes meant Pro Logic and not true surround but music is more important to me than TV/Film so surround is a casual bonus.

This was not that big a deal but I have since found a better option. Unfortunately that option is also slightly flawed.

I will give two examples of what I am currently experiencing with it. It is something I don't fully understand/I can't quite get my head around:

S4100>MD Deck via digital coaxial & S4100>STR-DN1030 via HDMI. S4100 settings are AUTO (not PCM), Neo 6 setting is off and downmix is set to stereo. The DN1030 will receive any DTS audio signal (say MKV with DTS audio) as Bitstream and will output that signal fine (rear, center, sub). The MD deck will also receive/send the LPCM 2.0 signal to my pioneer (so both HDMI/Coax outputting at the same time, in sync and therefore exactly what I want, Bitstream digital audio on the Sony receiver and LPCM on the Pioneer amplifier for the fronts). ALL GOOD!

PS4>MD Deck via optical & PS4>STR-DN1030 via HDMI. PS4 audio settings are Bitstream & DTS. The DN1030 will both display and output that DTS signal as Bitstream and will output that signal fine (rear, center, sub). The MD deck will also receive/send the LPCM 2.0 signal to my pioneer (so both HDMI/Optical outputting at the same time, in sync and therefore exactly what I want, Bitstream digital audio on the Sony receiver and LPCM audio on the Pioneer amplifier for the fronts). ALL GOOD!

So from what I can tell both the SONY S4100 & The PS4 are capable of sending DTS, Bitstream via HDMI to my receiver...they are also both capable of sending that DTS stream to my MD deck via both coax and optical digital outputs in what can only be LPCM audio. So yeah, perfect...exactly what I want! The S4100 will also do this with AAC 5.1 audio streams & LPCM 2.0 streams...no problems here!.

HERE IS THE MAIN ISSUE.

The S4100 will not do the same thing with any Dolby Digital 5.1/2.0 audio stream. It WILL send the Bitstream signal to my STR-DN1030 via HDMI and the receiver will output that to the sub, center and rears but the MD Deck will not receive (coax) or send (RCA) to the Pioneer. Obviously if I change the global audio setting to LPCM in the S4100 settings it will and that is a temporary (albeit slightly annoying) solution. This is basically what has me scratching my head!

Why will the S4100 Bitstream AAC 5.1 & DTS 5.1 over HDMI at the same time as sending them as LPCM over digital coax but it won't do the same thing with any Dolby Digital audio stream?

I know that was extremely long (and probably over complicated/confusing) but I wanted to be as specific as possible.

Also: Could somebody also confirm that if a device that is set to Bitstream (LPCM, DD, DTS) its audio via HDMI how will it send the same audio over S/PDIF (Coax/optical) connections? Will it always send both at the same time? As my S4100 & PS4 are both doing bitstream over HDMI at the same time as LPCM via S/PDIF, without me specifying which (not that I can specify on either device anyway), is the process therefore always automatic?. If it is, what is up with the S4100 not sending Dolby over Coax as LPCM, when for example my PS4...Will?

EDIT: Reading that back and thinking more about it, could this be a DRM issue between the S4100 & MDS-JB920? Could it be copy protection for Dolby signals being passed from one Sony device to another? If so though I would expect the PS4 to be the same, plus the JB920 will accept LPCM when the setting is global on the S4100. I know the MD deck has some form of copy protection for certain digital signals but I can't remember specifics.

I am stumped.

Thanks!

Last edited by blackbyers; 10-02-2014 at 07:16 PM.
post #3087 of 3088 Old 10-15-2014, 03:01 PM

No sound or vision: Sony BDP-S4100 DVD player to 32LG3000 TV

Hello there

I cannot get a picture or sound when I try to play a DVD on the Sony Bluray player when connected to the L&G TV with an HDMI cable.

The TV is tuned into HDMI 1 and the cable is in the HDMI 1 socket, I have also switched off the Simplink on the TV. The Sony Bluray screen comes up and thats it.

Could someone please help me to resolve this problem!
post #3088 of 3088 Old 10-15-2014, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayite View Post
Hello there

I cannot get a picture or sound when I try to play a DVD on the Sony Bluray player when connected to the L&G TV with an HDMI cable.

The TV is tuned into HDMI 1 and the cable is in the HDMI 1 socket, I have also switched off the Simplink on the TV. The Sony Bluray screen comes up and thats it.

Could someone please help me to resolve this problem!
Turn off deep color and/or 24p.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Bdp S1100 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S3100 Blu Ray Player , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790
Gear in this thread - S790 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page