Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100 and BDP-S5100 - Page 105 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3121 of 3123 Old 12-25-2014, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I own all 3 and had a PS3 until recently. DVDs look exactly the same on all of them, which I consider only average. It would be a stretch to call it "very good". I've always considered Sony's DVD upconversion to be on the soft side, nowhere near as good as my old Toshiba HD DVD player or Opps I've seen.
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3123 Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
mbd

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two BDP-S5100's. The one I primarily use in my home screening room is connected to my Panasonic PT-AE8000U front projector via HDMI for picture, and the coax digital output to a 5.1 pre-amp for sound. I watched Monuments Men last night, and ran into a strange problem. Intermittently, but always in the same spots, the picture cut out but the sound continued. Later in the evening, I tried it with a very old Panasonic BDP30, and it played without problems, and on my other Sony BDP-S5100 in my living room, which also played without any problems. Although both Sony players were purchased within a month of each other, the one in my living room is using firmware version M15.R.136 and the one in my screening room is using firmware M15.R.121. I know what everyone is thinking, update the firmware and see if the problem goes away. I'm thinking that too, but both players were purchased modified for all region playback, and although the seller claimed the the modification would survive a firmware upgrade, I would rather not risk losing the all region if the firmware is not the issue. The two players are configured differently. The living room machine is configured for 1080i/60, the screening room for 1080p/24. I also know the second obvious choice would be to swap the two players, as I know the disc plays ok on the living room player. The problem with that is getting behind the cabinet to unplug the player is a really big pain in the butt.

I suppose what I am asking is if anyone else has run into the problem of the picture intermittently blanking out (but always in the same spots), and did a firmware upgrade solve the problem?
post #3123 of 3123 Old Today, 03:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the revision3 app no longer working on the 3100/5100 ? I'm getting all items filted, all other apps work and discs play without issues. Modern revision 3 interfaces such as the one on my Roku 3 work without issues. I did some googling, and saw a lot of other people having the same revision3 issue with the sony, but didn't find a resolution. Has anyone here found a resolution to the problem, or is this just simply because the player is an older unit and sony has dropped support for certain apps?

Any help would be appreciated it. BTW i don't use revision3 on a regular basis, i was just curious and would like to resolve the issue if possible.

Thanks
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bx510 , dolby , m2ts , Sony , Sony Bdp S1100 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S3100 Blu Ray Player , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , truehd
Gear in this thread - bx510 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page