Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100 and BDP-S5100 - Page 106 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #3151 of 3159 Old 02-23-2015, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Angry 3D rentals removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5ING View Post
Anyone else get a software update yesterday on their BDP S3100? Any way to find out what was changed?
[edited to add model]

I am no longer able to rent 3D movies on my BDP-S5100 from Sony's Video Unlimited with the latest firmware that was released in December (M15.R.0197).

Renting 3D movies was the primary reason I selected this Bluray player, but Sony has decided to remove it. I phoned SEN and ask them, they have no answer. Sony product technical support doesn't know either. Nobody knows who would know and how to address the issue.

This was the first and last time I buy a Sony product.

Last edited by burn0gas; 02-23-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3159 Old 02-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5ING
Anyone else get a software update yesterday on their BDP S3100? Any way to find out what was changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn0gas View Post
I am not longer able to rent 3D movies from Sony's Video Unlimited with the latest firmware that was released in December (M15.R.0197).

Renting 3D movies was the primary reason I selected this Bluray player, but Sony has decided to remove it. I phoned SEN and ask them, they have no answer. Sony product technical support doesn't know either. Nobody knows who would know and how to address the issue.

This was the first and last time I buy a Sony product.

I don't believe the BDP S3100 ever did 3D movies.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the south-western quadrant of the Greater Krum, TX  Metropolitan Area. 

73, K5ING (Jeff)

post #3153 of 3159 Old 02-23-2015, 12:09 PM

Liked: 10
I have BDP-S5100. Yes, I was able to rent 3D prior to the firmware update.
post #3154 of 3159 Old 02-23-2015, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
BDP-S3100 Twonky Book (my book live) Video Sorting?

Hello Folks... New to this and don't know if I'm doing this right but I have a question about the BDP-S3100 Twonky Book (my book live) Video Sorting?

So here is my issue: I have a lot of movies stored on my WD My Book Live streaming unit that uses a program called Twonky. I go to the Twonky selection on my BD player menu and I see all movie folder options. When I choose to folders by year, only the chapter files show up with no names so that does not work for me.

Only one folder in the menu shows the actual movie names and I would like to be able to sort by date instead of alpha. Is this possible? I have them sorted on the WD My Live Book by most recent but it only shows up on the BD menu in alphabetically order.
post #3155 of 3159 Old 02-24-2015, 08:01 PM

Hi i'm having same issues with this equipment here in Brazil since today no connection with internet it's possible even the internet testing shows everithing it's ok a warning message appears telling about internet verification and nothing happens i tried to reset the unit and the same issue now i have a factory reset unit with no app and no streaming wonder if sony it's shutting down this service without telling anything. My internet connection it's ok other devices as smartv are running ok with no problem just my sony blu-ray started to have this connection problems does anybody heard or know something from sony about this problem.
post #3156 of 3159 Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Have you tried a reset back to the defaults?
Already tried that today, with no success now a i have a factory reset unit with no apps and without the ability to connect to the internet or to download anything something happened with this server sony should noticed this issued it seems to be worldwide issue
post #3157 of 3159 Old 02-24-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myronjax View Post
Hello. I am a newbie to this site, so if i step on any toes, or don't follow protocol, i apologize up front. I have a Sony Blu Ray player-BDP-S1100, that has worked fine for the 6-8 months i have had it. It is hard-wired via Ethernet cable. Then yesterday, out of the clear blue, i was no longer able to access Netflix, or anything else online for that matter. Accessing Netflix via the button on the remote does not work either. Selecting this will eventually give me this: "connection status cannot be confirmed" and something about the "server cannot be accessed. the network might not be setup correctly". But when i go through EVERY step under the network settings, it says that the Internet connection is working fine, that it's connection is good. All of my firmware has been updated, so it's not that. So my settings say i have a good Network/Internet setup, but the Internet Video says differently. Nothing else is having any issues with my Netgear router. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Hi i'm having same issues with this equipment here in Brazil since today no connection with internet it's possible even the internet testing shows everithing it's ok a warning message appears telling about internet verification and nothing happens i tried to reset the unit and the same issue now i have a factory reset unit with no apps and no streaming, wonder if sony it's shutting down this service without telling anything. My internet connection it's ok other devices as smartv are running ok with no problem just my sony blu-ray started to have this connection problems does anybody heard or know something from sony about this problem.
post #3158 of 3159 Old 02-24-2015, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Sony's servers are down currently. As you may or may not know, all of the apps on your Sony BD player go through Sony servers, not directly to the apps (Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) themselves. Here's a link to Sony's community forum board about the issue. It's a nationwide, maybe worldwide outage. They are coming back online apparently, but slowly.

UPDATE: As of around 11:20pm, mine is back up in North Texas. It had been down all evening.

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the south-western quadrant of the Greater Krum, TX  Metropolitan Area. 

73, K5ING (Jeff)

Last edited by K5ING; 02-24-2015 at 10:37 PM.
post #3159 of 3159 Unread Today, 08:35 PM

RE: Default settings

Aaronwt...yes, I have tried the "reset to default settings", with no luck. I have tried unplugging the ethernet cable and plugging it back in. still no luck. Pressing the Netflix button on the remote will get me a message saying that it cannot connect to the server. But all of the internet connections in the settings are being reported as good. And I can watch Netflix on other devices in my home. Appreciate any and all help
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bx510 , dolby , m2ts , Sony , Sony Bdp S1100 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S3100 Blu Ray Player , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , truehd
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page