Official Sony BDP-S1100, BDP-S3100, BDP-S4100 and BDP-S5100 - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #3241 of 3244 Unread Today, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post
So I haven't used my BD player in some time (month+) and I go downstairs to eject it and get the disc out, and it simply won't open. It blinks "OPEN" on the display, then starts blinking "CLOSE" and says empty. I am 100% positive there is a disc in there as well. It doesn't make any sound or anything either like it's even trying to open.

I have the BDP-S5100. I tried holding both EJECT and POWER at the same time and had no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? People are coming over in an hour to watch a movie lol. I always can fall back to my PS4 or Xbox One, but I prefer the BD player.

EDIT:

I also tried this here:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answer...9,47564,74093/

While holding the EJECT and plugging it back in, it just says OPEN on the front but nothing happens.

You may have to use a straightened paper clip (large one) to force the tray open. Most drives have a manual eject hole to manually open the tray. Do it gently so you don't damage the disc. The bad news is you may have to open the unit to do it. If you don't hear any drive activity after doing what you've already tried, it's possible the drive mechanics have failed, and this solution is your only option to get the disc out for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3244 Unread Today, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
You may have to use a straightened paper clip (large one) to force the tray open. Most drives have a manual eject hole to manually open the tray. Do it gently so you don't damage the disc. The bad news is you may have to open the unit to do it. If you don't hear any drive activity after doing what you've already tried, it's possible the drive mechanics have failed, and this solution is your only option to get the disc out for free.
I don't see the manual eject hole on this though. I looked for one.
post #3243 of 3244 Unread Today, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by purbeast View Post
I don't see the manual eject hole on this though. I looked for one.

That's why i said you might have to take the optical drive out of the unit. It may be hidden behind the case bezel. The other thing is, the top usually comes of the drives sony uses so you can have access to the disc directly. I'm just not sure how you'd do it any other way in your circumstances, since it won't eject on it's on. Besides i'm sure the unit is long out of Warranty so, you won't be voiding your warranty doing this any longer. The other option is to find the move you want to watch on a streaming service and do it that way such as VUDU amazon, etc.
post #3244 of 3244 Unread Today, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
That's why i said you might have to take the optical drive out of the unit. It may be hidden behind the case bezel. The other thing is, the top usually comes of the drives sony uses so you can have access to the disc directly. I'm just not sure how you'd do it any other way in your circumstances, since it won't eject on it's on. Besides i'm sure the unit is long out of Warranty so, you won't be voiding your warranty doing this any longer. The other option is to find the move you want to watch on a streaming service and do it that way such as VUDU amazon, etc.
Ah I got you.

I'm not too concerned about the movie inside, I just wanted to use it to watch a movie tonight. Oh well I'll just use my PS4.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bx510 , dolby , m2ts , Sony , Sony Bdp S1100 Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S3100 Blu Ray Player , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi , Sony Blu Ray Disc Player Bdp S790 , truehd
Gear in this thread - bx510 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page