Oppo 105 HDMI "INPUT" frustration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm attempting to use the 105 in a home theater sans processor. So far so good with exception to the HDMI inputs from my cable TV tuner. After selecting the appropriate HDMI input, the audio and video start normally but are quickly interrupted by a full screen, green screen. Contacted Oppo customer service and they recommended that even though my 105 is brand new, to upgrade the firmware. Completed this task but did not solve the problem. Contacted my dealer and they were confident it is a bad HDMI cable. Tried three different cables to no avail. Using both HDMI results in the same problem. My guess is that the HDMI output from my cable box is the culprit; just not compatible. Any similar experience? Will try Oppo customer service again tomorrow. Thank you in advance for any guidance offered!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmarg58 View Post

I'm attempting to use the 105 in a home theater sans processor. So far so good with exception to the HDMI inputs from my cable TV tuner. After selecting the appropriate HDMI input, the audio and video start normally but are quickly interrupted by a full screen, green screen. Contacted Oppo customer service and they recommended that even though my 105 is brand new, to upgrade the firmware. Completed this task but did not solve the problem. Contacted my dealer and they were confident it is a bad HDMI cable. Tried three different cables to no avail. Using both HDMI results in the same problem. My guess is that the HDMI output from my cable box is the culprit; just not compatible. Any similar experience? Will try Oppo customer service again tomorrow. Thank you in advance for any guidance offered!

Welcome to AVSForum.

Please post your question in the BDP-105 Owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1439524/official-oppo-bdp-105-owners-thread

-Bill

Tags
Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105