Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-19-2013, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

My system consists of:

1. Mitsubishi WD-82837 HDTV 3D DLP. Resolution is done professionally.

2. Pioneer Elite SC-27 A/V receiver. 7.1 surround sound.

3. Panasonic DMP-BDT300 3D blu player.

My picture quality and sound are good. The grass looks greener on the other side, so I was reading so much about how Oppo is so good and how it is in a different class by itself. For a long time I was wondering if I should get one and finally I took the plunge and got it just few days ago.

I tried Blu Ray disks, DVDs and all kind of movies to see the difference between my old Panasonic and this new Oppo 103. To my deepest surprise I do not see any difference in picture quality between Panasonic and Oppo, but I see a little bit of difference in the sound quality.
I thought maybe I am doing something wrong, and I sent an Email to Oppo and I got this response "In these cases there is really nothing else you can do in your configuration other than to have the player returned for a refund....".

So I do not know what to say to all these praises articles from people who used it and the reviews of many professional magazines of how good this Oppo is compare to other Blu Ray players.

I would like to share this with and see what do you think.

All the best.

Mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Mods ask that all comments go in the official player thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread/4710

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 3 Old 01-20-2013, 06:04 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Welcome to AVSForum.

Try posting this in the BDP-103 owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432162/official-oppo-bdp-103-owners-thread

The standard wisdom here is that you shouldn't expect dramatic differences in Blu-ray playback. For DVD: maybe, but there are many factors, your own expectations being among them.

-Bill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unofficial OPPO FAQS:
|
|
|

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt300 Full Hd 3d Blu Ray Disc Player , Pioneer Elite Sc 27 71 A V Receiver
Gear in this thread - Bdt300 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page