Need a versatile blu ray player that does SACD, CD, etc very well??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm thinking when I upgrade my two right and left speakers, i may upgrade my BD player to do SACD. My current blu ray player is Panasonics DMP BD35 (or maybe its the BD50, I can't remember).

I'm looking for something that will do very well as a music player and as a video player, both DVD and Blu Ray. I would like to spend NO more than $500 but obviously would prefer to be under budget.

Have they done anything to improve PQ, processing of DVD sources and CD sources since I purchased my Panasonic? Frankly, I'm worried that the opposite has happened and that processing on non BD discs has likely gotten worse.

I also need something that can send the HD audio to my receiver via PCM since my Yamaha V1700 doesn't decode a few of the HD codecs. I've been using the PCM on the Panasonic with great results for 4 years now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
No it hasn't gone worse.

A $100 Sony BDP will do CD, SACD and BD via HDMI. It sends the highest PCM sample rate 176.4kHz from SACDs, so is doing 'very well' in my books, provided of course your old receiver can handle it. You don't need the outdated analogue route any more. The only minor drawback is there is no track listing on the front display.

For CDs, if you're using HDMI or optical there's little difference among players as it's sending digital.

For a bit more the Sony 790 apparently gets good reviews for DVDs.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd35k 1080p Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page