Panasonic DMP-BDT310 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 110
On my local BB website they are showing an open box deal for this BD player and it is only going for $74.99. I know this player is a 2011 model, but for the money does anyone think it would be worth as an alternate to using my PS3 as a BD player? Would I hear or see any difference between these two?

I have been wanting a standalone player as I have read they are a little better than the PS3, but not sure if that is just here-say or not. Would it be better to be looking at something a little newer?

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 154
In this forum, mods ask that all posts go in the player thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318879/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt110-210-310-owners-thread

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #3 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

On my local BB website they are showing an open box deal for this BD player and it is only going for $74.99. I know this player is a 2011 model, but for the money does anyone think it would be worth as an alternate to using my PS3 as a BD player? Would I hear or see any difference between these two?

I have been wanting a standalone player as I have read they are a little better than the PS3, but not sure if that is just here-say or not. Would it be better to be looking at something a little newer?

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
The 310 is an excellent disc player. It should be a noticeable step up from the PS3 for DVD's. For BD, it will be practically identical. However, the 310 stinks at streaming (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu), so don't expect any improvement there. The 310 is actually far worse than the PS3 for Netflix especially. I see in the deals threads you can get a new sony for about the same price. Personally, I'd go for one of those to get better streaming capability. The sony interface is also very similar to your PS3, so less learning curve.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

In this forum, mods ask that all posts go in the player thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1318879/official-panasonic-dmp-bdt110-210-310-owners-thread

S~

Sorry about that.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

The 310 is an excellent disc player. It should be a noticeable step up from the PS3 for DVD's. For BD, it will be practically identical. However, the 310 stinks at streaming (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu), so don't expect any improvement there. The 310 is actually far worse than the PS3 for Netflix especially. I see in the deals threads you can get a new sony for about the same price. Personally, I'd go for one of those to get better streaming capability. The sony interface is also very similar to your PS3, so less learning curve.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured the BD end of it would not be any different and at this point I am phasing out most of my DVD's. I will have to check out the deals thread.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bdt310 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player
Gear in this thread - Bdt310 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page